It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amy Winehouse found dead in appartment

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a life wasted is a wasted life
r.i.p.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I wonder if she had any dealings with News Corp...Can anyone confirm whether she had any or didn't?

RIP Amy Winehouse...
edit on 23-7-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Wow, I did wonder when this was goig to happen. This girl was on self destruct and had a lot of demons that she had been fighting for a very long time.

As a musician, I feel she had such a great talent and will be sorely missed. People have said that she was THE talent of her generation. I don't think I could argue with that. R.I.P Amy Winehouse.

link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
OK I am going to continue the point of my thread here.

Amy was 27. I remember this age as my ex girlfriend used to tell me she though she would die at 27, as this was "the" age to die if you were to live forever!

Janince Joplin - 27
Jim Morrison - 27
Jimmy Hendrix - 27

Are there any more? and why at this age?

Kurt Cobain was also 27 when he died.

en.wikipedia.org...

link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
OK I am going to continue the point of my thread here.

Amy was 27. I remember this age as my ex girlfriend used to tell me she though she would die at 27, as this was "the" age to die if you were to live forever!

Janince Joplin - 27
Jim Morrison - 27
Jimmy Hendrix - 27

Are there any more? and why at this age?

Kurt Cobain - was also 27

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Brian Jones,
Alan Wilson.
Jim Morrison, The Doors.
Jimi Hendrix.
Janis Joplin.
David Alexander.
Kurt Cobain.
Richey Edwards, Manic Street Preachers.
Gary Thain, Uriah Heep.
Ron McKernan.
Pete Ham, Badfinger.
Pete de Freitas, Echo And The Bunnymen.
Robert Johnson.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And now Winehouse.

When I heard the news I asked myself how old she was, because of this strange coincidence, and wasn't surprised to find out she was 27.

I should have put some money on it

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LiveForever8
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Brian Jones,
Alan Wilson.
Jim Morrison, The Doors.
Jimi Hendrix.
Janis Joplin.
David Alexander.
Kurt Cobain.
Richey Edwards, Manic Street Preachers.
Gary Thain, Uriah Heep.
Ron McKernan.
Pete Ham, Badfinger.
Pete de Freitas, Echo And The Bunnymen.
Robert Johnson.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And now Winehouse.

When I heard the news I asked myself how old she was, because of this strange coincidence, and wasn't surprised to find out she was 27.

I should have put some money on it

Speaking of putting money on this, there must've been a few people that predicted this one. But the 27 group...not really a good group to be part of..

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
In relation to the 27 Group. it would be easy to find out the length of their stratospheric rise and demise.

IN this latter case it was 7 years.

That is in tune with the natural seven year cycle. it all seems very odd. I am sure there have been many theories on this.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

There is quite a big list of famous people who died at the age of 27

en.wikipedia.org...
wiki.answers.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

That is a very big list. Surely the chances of this are beyond that of mere chance. I guess there must be some island hide away resort somewhere where all these people go. Either than or their "deal" expired. I am sure that comment has been made before.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
we dont know yet how amy died yet. all the comments about 'thats what drugs will do to you' are'nt justified at the moment. yes she has died and yes she had a serious drug problem. but wasnt she supposedly clean?
hopefully she will be remembered for her beautiful unique voice and not just for taking drugs

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Surprise.

Should have gone to rehab, but she said no no no.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

Is it too soon??? surely thats in bad taste. Word is her dad is still on a flight from New York and doesn't know!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
It would take this generation to think that Amy W. was anywhere close to being in the same league as Morrison, Hendricks, or Joplin. She was nothing more than a Tattooed crackwhore, with a delusions of greatness, with a below average voice, and no knowledge of music, Just the singer for the current generation, which wouldnt know good music if it bit them in the ass.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phedreus

I don't think she was in the same league as the aforementioned singers/musicians and I wasn't really a fan, but I could appreciate that she did have a good voice.

I accidently starred your post.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I can't agree with you on all points of your opinion.

IMO she had a great talent and was the forerunner for the likes of Duffy, Adele and any other female singer that has hit the scene in the last five years.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

and was the forerunner for the likes of Duffy, Adele and any other female singer that has hit the scene in the last five years.

What about Joss Stone?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kram09

Who? Only kidding. Sure, she had a great soul voice and was a great looking kid, but I still think Amy was the girl every other female singer tried to emulate.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

If anything defines this generation it's that the hate filled sociopaths that are infecting these threads would have in the past sat alone in their houses friendless and bitter but are now free to spray their bile over everyone else in the entire world like a kind of hate infection.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You kidding. Joplin was horrendous! Morrison was out of it half the time. Cobain was self obsessed. Just because YOU don't like their music, and feel affinity with times past. does not stop them from being legendary.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join