It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W.I.S.P.S (Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source) - The Case Of The Haunted C

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hey there everyone,

I just wanted to touch base and say thank-you to everyone who's posted so far ... I have family coming to visit today so am unlikely to get anything done here ... and tomorrow morning we go to the house for our second visit. So it is most likely going to be sometime tomorrow afternoon (BST) before I get chance to reply to all the posts and make the update.

I have to say that some of you on the thread and others who have sent me messages via u2u who have offered suggestions about details you have picked-up yourselves are spookily accurate in several cases ... there are a few details that I hadn't added in th OP but a couple of you have actually picked up on ... one in particular that comes to mind is a little boy in pantaloons (more about this tomorrow).

And I also hope to explain more about the chair (and why it has not been removed) ... and hopefully answer some of the things mentioned by the poster who is very skeptical (I think you misunderstood or misread a couple of points that I made in the OP ... hopefully I can explain in a clearer way to avoid confusion) ... it's always good to have a critical eye to point things out that otherwise slide by unnoticed or unmentioned

Ok that's it for the now but I will respond to everyone who comments ... oh, almost forgot ... when I said in the OP that I was not asking for help this time ... that doesn't mean suggestions are not welcome by all means throw your thoughts into the ring (it all helps) ... what I actually meant by that was that the other W.I.S.P.S threads were starting for the sole purpose of asking for help and input ... this time it isn't but I'm always open to suggestions.

The exchange of ideas in the other threads are what made them so good let's hope this one can become equally as productive as a joint effort.

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

[[[[[[[[[Woody]]]]]]]]] Big hugggs at ya!

But now I'm thinking of filing a law suit against you!!!
I'm going to be stuck to this b£$%^^y computer waiting with baited breath for the updates on this thread!!!

No Fair!!!

Seriously, what can I say that's not already been said?

You've done it again, brilliant stuff! Thank you sooo much!

GTD

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_

Now that would be very cool to see some of the activity in action. And, when you get enough video from your other encounters as well, you could make your own documentary. That could also serve as a "commercial" for your skills, and then you could get some exposure, advertising, and a very lucrative income. If that's something you've considered in the future.

But, I'll be keeping my eye on this thread to see what the outcome becomes.

I like your ideas as far as making myself (abilities) known to people is concerned ... but I'm my own worst enemy ... I will certainly never be rich because I hate charging people for the kind of things I do ... the only services I charge for are Tarot Readings and Pastlife Regression Therapy ... even then the fee is not only minimal (much less than the average fee most people charge) it is also flexible (I don't believe anyones financial situation should dictate whether these things are available to them or not).

I know it's naive of me in such a cut-throat world where everything revolves around money but I genuinely hate it ... and the main reason I don't charge (god knows I could do with the money) is because that is my way of proving I am genuine and not in it for what I can make from people ... as many in this field are

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirClem

Well written, entertaining work you're presenting here. Keep us posted

Thank-you very much SirClem and I'll definately keep you all posted

psssst
go check the other thread ... I finally reached your request and drew your Tarot card

The Tarot - Your Card Of The Day by Woodwytch

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Woody

edit on 24-7-2011 by woodwytch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Hey there TDawgRex,

To be completely honest I don't know why spirits would choose to hang around the cemetaries they are buried in.

I suppose explanations for earthbound spirits that find themselves in such a situation could be numerous but most likely would be;

#1 The fact that there is so much spirit energy (electromagnetic) already there they are drawn/compelled to stay close to similar/familiar energy.

#2 Their energy may have been dormant (for any number of reasons) from the time of their death until after their burial ... and they simply don't know how to move on (this is the explanation I favour)

#3 Something is keeping them earthbound (unfinished business / revenge etc) but they have not learned how to shift from one place to another and find themselves stuck at the cemetary.

As I said I really don't know ... but these examples seem feesible.

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElizaAshdene
Greetings!!

Woodwytch- you never cease to amaze me. I'm so glad that you are able to help people understand the 'unexplainable' things of life. Looking forward to seeing what more you find.

On a side note: Thank you so much for my tarot reading. I checked back everyday until my time came. I just didn't want to add just a "thank you" post when you were getting so much traffic. Somehow, I knew I would get the chance. So, thank you.

Awww thank-you ... I'm just now thinking I've opened another Pandora's Box with this thread when I'm still commited to the Tarot Thread
I'm just going to have to spread myself a little thinner between the two

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

You said that the activity started when they brought the chair into the house. It seems to me that there may be a very obvoius solution to this problem:

Did it ever occur to them to try getting rid of the chair?

I don't care how nice and comfortable some chair is, if I thought it brought something into my house that was scaring the crap out of one of my kids, that chair would be in the trash heap by morning.

I know this might derail a very interesting investigation but, have you thought about advising them to get rid of the chair or at least moving it outside the house?

Hey there FortAnthem ... I see your point and I'm pretty sure that would be the kneejerk reaction of most people ... however, I think you misunderstood what I said in the OP.

The chair is responsible for the presence of the soldier (Jack Wright) ... but at the moment (until we investigate further tomorrow) we are pretty certain that the nursemaid is not directly connected to the chair (it's not old enough - c1920's) but has been around Liam since birth because she was his literal nursemaid in a previous incarnation ... I personally believe she has only become physically active since the chair arrived because the activity of Jack has prompted her to step forward and make her presence felt.

Whilst she is strict in manner I don't think for one minute she is malevalent and if I thought there was any possibility of Liam or anyone else in the house being in any danger whatsoever ... trust me I would have acted immediately.

I believe the reality is the nursemaid does not approve of Sadie's easygoing parental skills and believes that Liam (terrible 2's) needs a firmer hand ... it was her job and as far as she's concerned it still is.

So without over-reacting we will be monitoring the situation and act accordingly once we have more information ... in order to attain the best results ... we have to remember that going off half-cocked before we have the necessary information could result in things getting worse rather than better ... and we really don't want that to be a possibility.

Hope this clears up the reasoning behind our actions so far and the reason why the chair has not been removed ... I will get a picture of the chair tomorrow and upload it with the update.

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by daydoesez

Ooo, Was just in the mood for a good ghost story.

Interesting read so far

Fair point about the chair. Do you think it would make any difference at this stage to remove it if the nursemaid has formed an attachment?

Hey there daydoesez ... as you can see from my reply to FortAnthem ... we don't believe that the nursemaid is actually connected to the chair ... hopefully we can find-out more tomorrow and bring you all up to date.

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL
great thread i missed the first 2 and it took me a while to get updated, this whole story is a must read all three threads.

Great job sticking with these families and dedicating your time to them...
its nice to see people like you in this world Woody, and i know if I lived closer I would love to learn from you.

I don't think the chair is the problem this spirit if attached to the chair needs help , guidance maybe? so why not focus on helping her and not getting rid of her.
edit on 7/23/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

Thanks for the kind words and pleased you enjoyed the previous W.I.S.P.S case ... quite mammoth threads so
for your stamina

I would never leave people who we have helped in the past to fend for themselves so as with the previous case even though things had been quiet for several months there was no question that we would return to help them again ... that is our policy.

You are spot on with your suggestion for this case ... it's a matter of letting the nursemaid know that these are different times and her services are not required in this lifetime ... but we'll be diplomatic about it and see how it pans out.

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1972ian
Hey Woodwytch

Sounds like you a very interesting case, the information that you have been able to collect including the names is fascinating, hope you keep us posted on the outcome.

Maybe worth setting up some DVR cameras and monitoring it over a period of time.

Originally posted by enament

Could you recommend some good software to look for EVP's in digital audio recordings because I have about 10 hours of recordings from a known to be haunted market that is almost 200 years old. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi enament

I would personaly recommend Adobe Audition for listening to your recordings i have been using it for quite a while and find it that it's the best.

Hey there Ian long time no type ... hope things are equally as enthrawling with your own team investigations ... I still think that first live link that Extralien added on ATS when you and the team investigated that old farmhouse was the best live footage I've ever watched and it was great that so many people got involved (brilliant
) I would quite happily spend every Saturday night watching and getting involved in something of that standard.

I'll definately keep you all posted and any contributions from you will be gratefully received. I'm hoping to get the family to let us do a nighttime vigil ... it's just a little awkward with the little one being there ... we obviously don't want to cause him any distress ... but I have to wonder if the activity would still occur from the nursemaid if he wasn't in the house.

We'll see what we can do.

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by St Udio
i give you a

not because of the content but because of the Verve

best to ya...

and instead of starting a thread about the Lack of 'Beautiful People" at Todays' visit to a WalMart Super-Center here in Myrtle Beach... it will suffice that i mentioned it here in a thread...

com'on man

edit on 23-7-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

Well thanks for that now I have Richard Ashcroft tunes swimming around my head

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AeonStorm

I was thinking the chair was key also FortAnthem, but I would NOT throw it out into the trash or destroy it! You may very well end up with the opposite of what you were trying to accomplish.

@woodwytch: Ask Sadie if there is a way to trace the person who put the chair up for auction. Since all activity takes place in this room, and the chair is situated in this room, I suspect the chair is key (the chair IS in his room correct?). Perhaps the the prior owner has information regarding any paranormal activity and if so I would ask if there were any changes around the time when the chair was put up for auction. Do not mention the chair directly though, just a relative date of the auction and if any change had occurred. Gather as much information as you can.

If there is no way to get in touch with the previous owner I would suggest a blessing unto the object itself (sorry not to familiar with spiritual practices such as this). I don't believe that Liam, however, is in any trouble but is just frightened of the apparition. A blessing unto him could not hurt though.

I would also find what I believe to be a good place for the chair where it would not be disturbed and where it would be well away from the family.

Well, those are my suggestions so far... If I think of anything else, I'll post.

SnF ... Good OP and interesting story!

Peace,

-AS-
edit on 23-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: snf + bbcode + added

Already on it my friend ... irons are already in the fire to see if we can find-out from the auction rooms where the chair came from ... I'll definately be adding any information we can find from this line of enquiry.

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I dont believe in these... It just doesn't make sense. So when we all die we just stay ghosts and freak out others only because thats where we lived?

Or only the ones that had something stay as a ghost because they cant go? I mean its just sounds nonsense. Explain.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by timidgal

Hey there timidgal, thank-you so much for sharing your insights ... and just by way of confirming something you mentioned ... the friend I mentioned earlier who lives on the Isle of Skye (absent W.I.S.P.S member) also mentioned the daughter and something she needed to stop ... so this is certainly something that will be covered during the 2nd visit tomorrow.

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by solsticks
I need to email you, then. Will do so in a bit...just had a minute to read this thread...I have 'issues' in our 1834 home. Severe issues.

Look forward to hearing from you if I can offer any useful advise I will.

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

Sounds like attention seeking to me... a good joiner would sort out the door.
The house is a year old and still settling.
The rest would not srand up to logical scrutiny, as is usual with this sort of thing.
Why are some people obssessed with looking for paranormal answers to events
that could be explained by applying straight thinking and common sense !

And still other people willing to exploit the naive and gullible, in these matters.

10 / 10 for an entertaining tale, nontheless ! ( But that's all it is.)

Hey there MrJohnSmith ... a good Yorkshire no nonsense kind of guy by the sound of it

So I'll try my best to give you a good Yorkshire no nonsense kind of gal reply

Let me begin by first asking you a question - why would you think it was 'attention seeking' (?) ... the lady in question up to this point has been an ardent skeptic as far as the paranormal is concerned as I already mentioned in the OP and she is a very down to earth Yorkshire lass.

I used to be married to a builder for more years than I should have been ... so I agree with your suggestion that a house that is only a year old is very likely still settling. Although I'm not too sure how a new house that is still settling into it's foundations could be responsible for stacking the wooden bricks that spell out the childs name from a horizontal position to a vertical (still correct spelling of the name) position ... when there had been no-one in the house. And it was this incident that had prompted the very skeptical mother of the child to contact me because that above all the other activity she could not think of any logical explanation for. You might also be interested to know that the first thing they did when the door started to open of it's own accord was what any normal person would do ... they had the hinges re-aligned and the door re-hung ... and it has still continued to open on it's own several times after that !

I agree there are many people who instantly look for paranormal explanations to unusual but nontheless mudane things ... however, I make it my business to look for all possible logical explanations for unusual activity because 9 times out of 10 things can be explained and proven to have a logical cause ... but occasionally there will be something that doesn't have a logical explanation. I can only assume that those who try to equate anything unusual to be automatically the result of paranormal activity to be the kind of people who need a little excitement in otherwise boring lives ... or as you initially suggested they want attention. But until you have met someone face to face you cannot slap such a label on them and I think you are out of order to make such a statement ... I on the other hand have met them and can assure you they are more concerned about their neighbours finding out about this and thinking they are weirdo's ... now I don't know about you but that hardly sounds like the definition of attention seeking to me.

I sincerely hope you are not suggesting that I or my team are exploiting the naive and/or gullible sir ?
For one thing these people are neither naive nor gullible they are well educated level-headed people ... and for another how can it be called exploitation from our part when no money changes hands ?

I believe I mentioned in the OP that I was not trying to convince or convert anyone ... if you are a skeptic ... if you don't believe ... if you think it's nought but a load of b0!!0cks that is absolutely fine ... each to their own and all that ... I have responded to the points you made in your post to your satifaction I would like to hope (but I somehow doubt it
) so if this thread rubs you the wrong way I can only suggest that you step away from it now because I can only promise you more of the same.

That said at least you found it entertaining so all is not lost

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by iNkGeEk
gonna follow this thread out of curiosity. i'm not a huge believer in ghosts and whatnot, but i don't discount it either. you presented a really good story/argument so i'd like to see a resolution.

An open-minded skeptic ... just as it should be and what a refreshing change from the previous poster

Enjoy. Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer

[[[[[[[[[Woody]]]]]]]]] Big hugggs at ya!

But now I'm thinking of filing a law suit against you!!!
I'm going to be stuck to this b£$%^^y computer waiting with baited breath for the updates on this thread!!!

No Fair!!!

Seriously, what can I say that's not already been said?

You've done it again, brilliant stuff! Thank you sooo much!

GTD

And big hugs backatcha
so good to see you here ... how the heck have you been ?

Don't move too far from that computer now ... you never know what might happen

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarBoy
I dont believe in these... It just doesn't make sense. So when we all die we just stay ghosts and freak out others only because thats where we lived?

Or only the ones that had something stay as a ghost because they cant go? I mean its just sounds nonsense. Explain.

Oh dear another one

It is perfectly fine not to believe ... if it doesn't make sense to you that's equally fine.

But here's a thought ... instead of me wasting time derailing my own thread by trying to explain something you've already decided you don't want to believe ... how about you do some research for yourself rather than asking me to spoonfeed it to you ... there are 100's of threads on the ATS Paranormal Forum alone to read through.

Don't get me wrong I will go out of my way to help people with a genuine thirst for knowledge ... but we both know that your mind is already made up don't we and I have no inclination to get into a pointless debate with a naysayer your entire post is irrelevent to the specifics of this thread ... so unless you have something relevent to add to this case that is within the bounds of T&C's I will be ignoring any further off-topic posts

Woody

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
This was very well-written and was highly entertaining. However, I have to be honest: I'm not really sure if I believe it. Especially the part with Liam telling his dad that "it's a secret he's not supposed to share". That sounds like a line you would hear in a Hollywood horror movie; in fact, I think I have heard something basically verbatim to what Liam said in a movie before.

That leads me to believe one of two things:

1. Liam saw a movie with his parents or something and is just repeating a line he said. (pretty dang unlikely, it would be highly coincidental for a two-year-old to make the logical connection between repeating a line from a ghost movie during a ghost investigation)

2. Richard is just lying, and Liam didn't say that at all.

It is extremely, extremely hard for me to believe that Liam actually saw a ghost that told him that. It just screams fabrication. But please note, Woody, that I'm not accusing you of making anything up. As I said above, I think either the boy or his dad are responsible.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join