It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

W.I.S.P.S (Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source) - The Case Of The Haunted C

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
A Little Info About W.I.S.P.S

Some of you who follow my threads / posts here on ATS will already know (and I apologise for repeating myself) that amongst other things, I am the founder of W.I.S.P.S (Woodwytch Investigations of Supernatural & Paranormal Source) ... a small and extremely exclusive paranormal investigation team that bears little similarity to any of the paranormal investigation teams you might have heard about before or seen on TV ... we are a private group insomuch that we don't advertise ... we do not charge a fee for our services (although if we're asked to attend a location that isn't local we accept travel expenses) ... people who need our help just seem to find us ... this was certainly the case for the investigation I am about to share with you.

For those of you who didn't follow my other thread(s) about a previous W.I.S.P.S case that effected two separate families at the same time for over a year, here are the links;

Demon Identification Help Required
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Messenger - Dirken Ridge - Update Of The Demon Identification (Red Eyes) Case
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This new Case Of The Haunted Chair has some interesting details emerging that are a little different from the 'norm' and although I'm not asking for help this time ... I thought those of you with an interest might like me to share as we go.

As with all of my threads I am not trying to convince or convert anyone and I gain absolutely nothing from lying ... all information shared in this thread is accurate and true ... you either believe my reports or you don't (it matters not) ... those of you who know my style already know that I speak as it is ... I have no reason to elaborate or exaggerate the data/info I share in my threads ... so with that in mind I give fair notice that anyone who tries to disrupt the thread by being rude will simply be ignored.

Anyone who wishes to offer input and feedback or as ask questions and give constructive critisism as we progress is most welcome.

The Phonecall

I live in a small North Yorkshire market town on the edge of the Moors and last week I received a phonecall from a lady who from here on in will be referred to as Sadie (not her real name) ... who I know well enough to say hello to in the street and no more ... so not only was I surprised to receive a call from her, I was also surprised that she knew about W.I.S.P.S and had managed to find my phone number (it proves the point I made earlier ... when they need us ... they find us).

Sadie lives with Richard (her partner) ... Laura (her 17yr old daughter from a previous relationship) ... and Liam (her's and Richards 2 yr old son)

During the initial phonecall she explained that whilst she was skeptical her partner believed in the paranormal ... but even she was beginning to question her reality because strange things had started to happen in the house and she wanted to know if I could help her.

Answering my preliminary questions she told me that over the last three and a half weeks there bedroom door had opened of it's own accord at least a dozen times ... two of which they had physically seen with their own eyes. She said that the door was properly fastened and whilst the door handle never physically turned it did click and then swung open back to the wall.

>>>Bedroom Door (note the handle)>>Toy TrainWorld War 2 SoldierNursemaid 1800's

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Hiya! I always find your threads fascinating WW.

Can't wait to read an update!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarmonkey

Hiya! I always find your threads fascinating WW.

Can't wait to read an update!

Thanks sugarmonkey much appreciated ... seems like the threads off to a good start 3 flags and you are the only reply as I write this ... plus applause from a MOD (thank-you).

I'm excited about the next visit too because of the details we've been able to confirm already.

Woody

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
That is just a freaky, yet interesting story. The fact that you get that kind of detail down to the names and type of people they are, i.e. a soldier or nurse maid, is not only extremely interesting, it is scientifically interesting as well.

If I were living in a house with that kind of activity, I would be setting up cameras to capture some of the sounds and visuals that are being seen and heard.

Have you requested that any of the activity be recorded? Have you, yourself, captured any activity on camera in your investigations? Very interesting, to say the least.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by _BoneZ_
That is just a freaky, yet interesting story. The fact that you get that kind of detail down to the names and type of people they are, i.e. a soldier or nurse maid, is not only extremely interesting, it is scientifically interesting as well.

If I were living in a house with that kind of activity, I would be setting up cameras to capture some of the sounds and visuals that are being seen and heard.

Have you requested that any of the activity be recorded? Have you, yourself, captured any activity on camera in your investigations? Very interesting, to say the least.

As yet we have only made the preliminary visit and taken the pictures included in the thread from the house but as yet we haven't really got into it all with any depth ... that's why I'm so excited that we have had so much identifiable detail by barley scratching the surface.

I did suggest they set-up a camera but at the moment they are a little nervous about doing that ... we'll see if they can be talked into it on our next visit if we can elay there fears.

Woody

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Now that would be very cool to see some of the activity in action. And, when you get enough video from your other encounters as well, you could make your own documentary. That could also serve as a "commercial" for your skills, and then you could get some exposure, advertising, and a very lucrative income. If that's something you've considered in the future.

But, I'll be keeping my eye on this thread to see what the outcome becomes.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Could you recommend some good software to look for EVP's in digital audio recordings because I have about 10 hours of recordings from a known to be haunted market that is almost 200 years old. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Well written, entertaining work you're presenting here. Keep us posted

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Great post. As said previously, very interesting and I always enjoy your topics.

Maybe you can answer a question that me and my buds have bantered about for some years. If so, it would be appreciated.

We all have heard of haunted cemetaries. I lived across the street from one that dated from the 1700's to current, and have seen some strange things.

My buds say they are lost spirits and I must be truthful when I say I have no idea what that means. How are they lost?

My theory though is if someone stays in this realm after they pass on, that they would go to more familier areas and/or gravitate towards family so they may continue to look out for them. Or they may stay in the area of a traumatic death, refusing to believe what has happened to them. Or maybe even wanting revenge.

Why would a spirit, for lack of a better phrase, hang out where they are interned?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Greetings!!

Woodwytch- you never cease to amaze me. I'm so glad that you are able to help people understand the 'unexplainable' things of life. Looking forward to seeing what more you find.

On a side note: Thank you so much for my tarot reading. I checked back everyday until my time came. I just didn't want to add just a "thank you" post when you were getting so much traffic. Somehow, I knew I would get the chance. So, thank you.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

You said that the activity started when they brought the chair into the house. It seems to me that there may be a very obvoius solution to this problem:

Did it ever occur to them to try getting rid of the chair?

I don't care how nice and comfortable some chair is, if I thought it brought something into my house that was scaring the crap out of one of my kids, that chair would be in the trash heap by morning.

I know this might derail a very interesting investigation but, have you thought about advising them to get rid of the chair or at least moving it outside the house?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Ooo, Was just in the mood for a good ghost story.

Interesting read so far

Fair point about the chair. Do you think it would make any difference at this stage to remove it if the nursemaid has formed an attachment?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
great thread i missed the first 2 and it took me a while to get updated, this whole story is a must read all three threads.

Great job sticking with these families and dedicating your time to them...
its nice to see people like you in this world Woody, and i know if I lived closer I would love to learn from you.

I don't think the chair is the problem this spirit if attached to the chair needs help , guidance maybe? so why not focus on helping her and not getting rid of her.
edit on 7/23/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Hey Woodwytch

Sounds like you a very interesting case, the information that you have been able to collect including the names is fascinating, hope you keep us posted on the outcome.

Maybe worth setting up some DVR cameras and monitoring it over a period of time.

Originally posted by enament

Could you recommend some good software to look for EVP's in digital audio recordings because I have about 10 hours of recordings from a known to be haunted market that is almost 200 years old. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Hi enament

I would personaly recommend Adobe Audition for listening to your recordings i have been using it for quite a while and find it that it's the best.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
i give you a

not because of the content but because of the Verve

best to ya...

and instead of starting a thread about the Lack of 'Beautiful People" at Todays' visit to a WalMart Super-Center here in Myrtle Beach... it will suffice that i mentioned it here in a thread...

com'on man

edit on 23-7-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

You said that the activity started when they brought the chair into the house. It seems to me that there may be a very obvoius solution to this problem:

Did it ever occur to them to try getting rid of the chair?

I don't care how nice and comfortable some chair is, if I thought it brought something into my house that was scaring the crap out of one of my kids, that chair would be in the trash heap by morning.

I know this might derail a very interesting investigation but, have you thought about advising them to get rid of the chair or at least moving it outside the house?

I was thinking the chair was key also FortAnthem, but I would NOT throw it out into the trash or destroy it! You may very well end up with the opposite of what you were trying to accomplish.

@woodwytch: Ask Sadie if there is a way to trace the person who put the chair up for auction. Since all activity takes place in this room, and the chair is situated in this room, I suspect the chair is key (the chair IS in his room correct?). Perhaps the the prior owner has information regarding any paranormal activity and if so I would ask if there were any changes around the time when the chair was put up for auction. Do not mention the chair directly though, just a relative date of the auction and if any change had occurred. Gather as much information as you can.

If there is no way to get in touch with the previous owner I would suggest a blessing unto the object itself (sorry not to familiar with spiritual practices such as this). I don't believe that Liam, however, is in any trouble but is just frightened of the apparition. A blessing unto him could not hurt though.

I would also find what I believe to be a good place for the chair where it would not be disturbed and where it would be well away from the family.

Well, those are my suggestions so far... If I think of anything else, I'll post.

SnF ... Good OP and interesting story!

Peace,

-AS-
edit on 23-7-2011 by AeonStorm because: snf + bbcode + added

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Good evening, Woody. Firstly, I want to say that I have been a silent fan of your posts for some time now. I am a firm believer in the paranormal (using that term in a very generic way) and have found your accountings of various events fascinating. Having had some personal experiences with the unexplained throughout the course of my own life, I've discovered that I'm very sensitive to feeling and reading energies and my proclivity has always been to trust my first instinct as this intuition has rarely ever let me down. With that said, I don't share knowledge of this ability with too many people because I don't always like what it does to me or how it makes me feel; energy can be very potent and I'm not as secure or experienced as you in warding off the possible effects or bad intentions of others. There are times I wish I could just shut it off when it occurs and although I've been given tips on ways to protect myself from a few generous souls, I still find it draining. So I remain silent and only share my "feelings" on very rare occasions. In all honesty, I initially decided to remain silent in this instance but in the hour or two that has passed since I read your post, it's been nagging at me that this IS one of those rare occasions (I've actually been fighting a headache and feeling slightly queasy). VERY IMPORTANT - I'm not implying that something dire is happening which should be cause for alarm; it could be a karmic nagging precipitated by my admiration of your own generosity with others, but for whatever reason, my instincts are telling me that I should share my impressions with you, so here goes...

Please keep in mind that I never "see" spirits but I "feel" and "intuit" things as it relates to the energy given off by anyone or anything (and EVERYTHING gives off energy whether people realize it or not). I usually can’t pick up on the tangibles like names, places or physical appearance; it’s more of a feeling I can gleam from the energy source or the reason or motive for something taking place, if that makes any sense to you. I've also never tried to tune into these feelings from a distance so what I'm sensing might be totally off base but if I'm wrong, no harm done, and if it helps in any way, I'm glad:

Your description of and questions about the chair did not evoke anything in me other than the sense that this piece of the puzzle was not intended for me. Since I have no way to know names or particulars about spirits (I sense them as a form of energy), I take it on faith that your senses about the number of spirits and other characteristics (like gender and/or age) are correct. I do believe that one is there because of the other and that only one is actively involved in the family’s current experiences. This is where things get a little more delicate as I don't want to offend anyone by being wrong, but I'm getting a sense that messages are being provided to the family, and particularly to the daughter, who may or may not be picking up on them as they are intended. I have a STRONG feeling that the daughter is somehow involved in some of the events affecting the little boy and is stirring up a hornet's nest because the little boy definitely has a strong energy of protection around him (as most young children do). That feeling of protection is definitely being energized but the intent is not to scare the little boy – it’s to give the daughter a message to stop what she's doing. What those things or activities may be, I have no idea but I get the sense that the daughter knows (in other words, it's something she's consciously doing or did). Although this is not a direct read of THIS particular situation, my experience has been that nothing good comes out of these types of interactions if the objectionable activities do not cease. If I’m right about any of this, then I hope they have stopped and no additional phenomena should occur relative to this situation (that’s not to say that the energy source will just disappear, but it should become much calmer and revert back to a watchful mode). That's all I got.

As I said before, I can't control what I feel or how I interpret it - I only know that when I go with my first instinct, it's usually correct. I also can't sense beyond what I feel in the moment. If this changes at all during the course of your post, I'll let you know. Whether or not I'm reading the energy correctly makes no difference to me so if you think this is completely wrong, there’s no offense taken. Best case scenario is that it’s helpful to you in some way or will give you some new clues (or not). Please keep us apprised because your generous and intriguing efforts are admired by all!

Timidgal

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I need to email you, then. Will do so in a bit...just had a minute to read this thread...I have 'issues' in our 1834 home. Severe issues.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Sounds like attention seeking to me... a good joiner would sort out the door.
The house is a year old and still settling.
The rest would not srand up to logical scrutiny, as is usual with this sort of thing.
Why are some people obssessed with looking for paranormal answers to events
that could be explained by applying straight thinking and common sense !

And still other people willing to exploit the naive and gullible, in these matters.

10 / 10 for an entertaining tale, nontheless ! ( But that's all it is.)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
gonna follow this thread out of curiosity. i'm not a huge believer in ghosts and whatnot, but i don't discount it either. you presented a really good story/argument so i'd like to see a resolution.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join