It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

fukushima nuke plant looking ablaze right NOW? but NOT the reactors... CSFP area?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
watching the live-cam on site at fukushima for the past 15 mins... there appears to be a huge amount of smoke coming from the right area of reactor # 4, but away from it... this is where the common spent fuel pool is... it stores an enormous number of highly radioactive rods

please take a look, i know the pixilation is very erratic but it really does appear that there's smoke coming from an area that is NOT the 4 reactors themselves :O

www.tepco.co.jp...

any other thoughts to allay my fears are most welcome!

ETA - ok, since i began setting up the thread, i went to the toilet
& since then it looks a lot less scarier than previously... but please check it out for me... it looked terrible just a few minutes ago!

mods, if i'm completely wrong, feel free to delete the thread
edit on 23-7-2011 by pattonisit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I cant view it, it recons i need to install a missing codec....its windows media player 11..i have it!!!

Is there another link???

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by pattonisit

hi pattonisit,
thanks for that...

very hard to tell...

dark, cloudy...

maybe smoke too....

back soon..

seeya

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

hi loves,

i think that is the only link to the livecam i'm referring to, sorry

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by pattonisit
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

hi loves,

i think that is the only link to the livecam i'm referring to, sorry

ok no worries....il have to try something else....maybe il install the codec again lol

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
well, whatever it is... smoke/steam, it certainly looks to me, to be rising straight upwards from the bright area to the right of the screen...

while i'm here i'll give a link to the monster fukushima thread, for those who are unaware of it... some very dedicated members have been putting in months of exhaustive research & thought, trying to glean what they can about everything going on at the plant since day one... their work has been made especially difficult due to the almost blanket censorship of data from the horses mouth, & coverage in the MSM... please check it out if you have time, much valuable info is within those pages

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
thanks go to qmantoo, who caught screen-shots of when it was really looking bad...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

i'll point out that the gray vertical area that is in between the two towers that you can see, is actually another tower, but farther away from the cam than the other two, & is situated behind reactor # 4... this may appear to look like a source for the smoke/whatever, but it's just a tower

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pattonisit

According to Reuters newswire, the nearby Miyagi prefecture had a 6.3 earthquake just now. So the webcam may be especially worth watching today:

www.reuters.com...
edit on 7/23/2011 by Uphill because: Added a comment.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
anything else on this?
edit on 7/23/2011 by StealthyKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Look at the cam now! It looks like something is on fire... (11:10 am central time)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Looks like they got it under controll. The brightest one was put out then the "fire" behind it to the right flashed a few times, then slowly dimmed. All gone now. Hopefully it was nothing. Not sure that they will ever get it undercontroll there. Just a constant disaster.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Yeah....it looks better now. I'm going to keep an eye on it though.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Is that the only cam or are there other views?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
as far as I know that is the only one.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
What's going on now? There is so much smpke you can barely see the place!

top topics

join