It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norwegian Islander Ferries Children to Safety

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
A Hero Amongst the Chaos

This a day to reflect upon the inhumanity of man...but also of the humanity.

Acts such as those perpetrated by the monster in human's clothing, in Norway, cause me to lose a little faith in the species.

Acts of courage and kindness, as executed by this angel of a man, who risked his own life unblinkingly to ferry survivors from the shores of this hell on earth...restore my faith.

This man should be given medals...along with millions of dollars in cash rewards from the families involved, and from the Government. And then a shrine should be built, honouring him and the true human spirit.

Bravo Kasper, bravo !!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
If anybody has the capability to do something to help, they should do something to help.

This reasoning applies to any situation.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

When tragedy occurs, It's so important to highlight the heroes involved like this.. So many times they're seemingly forgotten about.

Great idea for a thread and thanks for posting it!

EDIT: Kudos to the man involved, Kasper Ilaug.

Then his phone rang -- a friend who lives 22 kilometers (14 miles) south of Olso sounded agitated. "He said, 'You have to get in the boat of a friend of ours and rescue people from Utoya (Island), because something terrible is happening there,'" said Ilaug. "I thought he was joking with me."

But Ilaug grabbed his iPad and cell phone, and donned a bright-yellow jacket, a red helmet and red water-shoes to protect himself from the driving rain. He then ran down to the 18-foot fishing boat, and its 50-horsepower engine.

The temperature outside was a brisk 15 degrees C (59 degrees F).
Within 15 minutes, he was at Utoya Island. He saw people in a handful of other private boats that had lined up along the shore.

"We saw some youngsters laying there and waving to us," he said. "They were terrified."
Along the shore were children crouched behind rocks and buildings and shrubs. "They waved to me," he said.

"Then I got this text message from one of my friends that said there's a lunatic out there shooting people." Then he saw helicopters flying overhead.
From the source in the OP.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Absolutely right. For the most part the media and the public will be focusing on the horrific aspects of this crime...the "body count"...the weapons used...what was in the mind of the killer...and so on.

Meanwhile there will be dozens of stories of survival, and of rescue at great risk (like this one), that will get little or no notice.

Individual humans are capable of great destruction, and great cruelty. Individual humans...and mankind overall...are capable of even greater bravery and compassion.

My thoughts and prayers are with all of those...and family and friends...who have suffered, and are suffering, as a result of this heinous act of madness.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Apparently there were more heroes in action on that day...

news.yahoo.com...

The couple took off in their boat for the island, picking up shocked victims from the water and transporting them to the mainland. They made four runs in all, helping rescue some 40 of Breivik's victims, the paper reportedple

"Between runs they saw that the bullets had hit the right side of the boat," the paper wrote.

Another example of good people springing into action, putting themselves in harm's way, to save the lives threatened by this madman.

Sadly, also another example of just how little the MSM...or the people here...care about communicating about the good things individual people did to save lives - whilst the Police moved like snails, and helicopters took pictures from a safe altitude.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

join