It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I love my body; do you?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Juran

It is the most wonderful thing to have a place to call home. Not everyone has which is very sad, and yet....and yet I look at my body and suddenly realize that I am looking at my real home and then another hits me - I actually love my body.

Who would you be when you are at home? Answer.... You would be yourself. So being yourself is the only thing there is, and only thing you can do. So love it or hate it, does it matter? It is what it is.

In fact there is a song that touches upon this subject from a band, audioslave.
I think I will post it.

I am wondering what others feel about their body; are your soul and your body living in peace and harmony together or are you divided and pretty much living alone in a strange abode? The atheists won't know what I am talking about so I don't expect any of them to contribute.

For now yes! My soul and body is living in a sort of harmony, it has not always been so and probably will not always be so. But such is life, It could be better and it could be worse. But really I have nothing to complain about.

But then again I am pretty strange and weird in certain ways. And really concerning some things and the everlasting eternity that is your soul, bodies come and bodies go in all there forms. So who would you be when your at home?

When the body dies the soul has to depart this world since it no longer has the life-support vehical, its home on Earth, that is necessary for it to exist here. It is absurd to assume that the soul only has one home. Clearly , when the 'healthy' soul departs it has somewhere else to go.

When you wake from the dream you get up and go.

Kind of like the ending of a movie that you see with your friends at the movie theater, when the show is done. What do you do? The whole paradigm gets more complicated and really weird but some things always stay the same, and so you don't have to leave, but you cant stay here when the curtain drops and the show ends.

Woe the souls that don't have anywhere to go. Woe the lost souls that seek but never find. We all know that lost souls do exist, how can we be sure ours will not be lost as well? After all:

Woe to those who believe in woe and must walk that path of overcoming there woe.

The truth however is much more frightening and terrible then that, or that if you don't have anywhere to go your lost. And some actually like being lost, and wandering around here and there. But the truth is there is everywhere to go and nowhere to be but were you want to be. The truth is everybody chooses there doom and there gloom whether they know it or not.

Me however I just usually linger around a couple of places at once. And so I am never really around fully in the places I am at, because I am always distracted by the other places I see that I am at.
Yup I have a big imagination.

To say that the Soul is immortal is one thing,
To say that the Soul cannot destroy itself is another.

All things are possible I guess, but everything that is made can be unmade. And vice versa.

Shouldn't we all be looking out for our souls at this crucial end-of -age finale? Excluding the atheists of course.

NO...The soul will always be around in one form or another just like all matter will be around in one form or another. What you should be doing is....getting a turtle as a pet, and walking it.
That should keep you occupied it will be one long and slow walk.

You will learn something walking a turtle, and it seems to me that you need to learn lots of things. Not saying your slow just that turtles are cool.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I love my body but I don't like mirrors. Vanity is fear based just like arrogance and conceit. And it's a hard habit to break. There's nothing more beautiful than people who are unselfconscious.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
For one, I'm black and I hate myself as a human in general.
My race is a whole other topic.
I am not supposed to love myself anyways. Let alone anybody else love me! Now that is a joke. I hate my body even more, I should be a size 6 not a 10-12. My left arm is the thing I hate most; probably it's the long scar from when I slid the knife across. That was redemption for me. But this is life, and I can't do a damn thing about it! C'est la vie!

edit on 23-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

Hey don't be sad
and don't be blue, turn that frown upside down.
And you to will be as cool, as a penguin chilling on an ice-cube.

edit on 24-7-2011 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juran

It is for you to agree or disagree and you disagree obviously yet you offer no reasons why you disagree.

I did not say whether I agree or disagree. I simply asked you to give some sort of evidence, or proof, to back up that which you state as a fact. Obviously, you cannot, because it is all based on your blind belief in an ancient fairy tale.

I don't have to prove it.
This↑ small remark, actually sums it all up quite well.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

It is for you to agree or disagree and you disagree obviously yet you offer no reasons why you disagree.

I did not say whether I agree or disagree. I simply asked you to give some sort of evidence, or proof, to back up that which you state as a fact. Obviously, you cannot, because it is all based on your blind belief in an ancient fairy tale.

I don't have to prove it.
This↑ small remark, actually sums it all up quite well.

Thanks for summing it up, oh wise and gratious one.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join