Christian fundamentalists & Right-Wing Muslim opposition... EPIC FAIL.

page: 1
23
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+15 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

"We have no more information than... what has been found on [his] own websites, which is that it goes towards the right and that it is, so to speak, Christian fundamentalist."
- Norway police on the mass murderer of Utoeya Island.

The statement shown here has made me so angry. Here on ATS every day we see hate speech against Muslims, non-theists, lefties and liberals, from Christian fundamentalists and their right-wing extremist friends. Finally, your poisonous diatribes have claimed their first modern massacre. Blood has been spilt in the name of your sickening religious disease, and your odious political idiocy.

I hope you're all ashamed of yourselves. How can you can believe in the things you do, when you can now see for yourself what your beliefs cause? The slaughter of innocent young people, in a country so openly devoted to peace and democracy... your beliefs have poisoned the mind of a dangerous man, and helped him target people whom you consider 'the enemy'. YOU, the Christians and right-wing nutters, are to blame for sending this man down his murderous route.

I don't hold back here, because clearly, people like you aren't. How long will it be before someone on MY side of the fence takes it upon themselves to respond in kind when presented with this constant threat? How long before a cult of baptist church goers (for example) is slaughtered in their pews? Or perhaps a group of EDL thugs murdered in one of their selected 'pubs'? Where will all of this take us? Ruination. Division, violence and stupidity doesn't progress our species anywhere.

It's time to stop the hatred, to stop the division, drop religious stupidity, and prevent Utoeya from ever happening again. My words are lost here on ATS, as fundies and right-wing nutters are a proliferating scourge... but I had to say these things as I'm so angry right now and writing is cathartic.

Flame away. I don't care.

The Revenant.
edit on 7/23/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Title modified to conform to ATS Terms & Conditions.




posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
The reaction from some ATSers has been quite telling over this tragedy. If it had been a Muslim, no doubt we would have had countless threads blaming all Muslims for terrorism. But as it was a Right wing Christian fundamentalist, it must have been some MK ULTRA mind control operation.

I, like the OP, have witnessed the hate directed towards those on the left and the so called Muslim "apologists", on the internet and it's no real surprise that that hatred would eventually manifest into some form of violent action.

When this first broke, I saw one posters make a joke that those killed on the Island were "commies", as if that made it more acceptable.

I wont be calling all Right wing Christian fundamentalists terrorists, in the same way I dont call all Muslims terrorists. Does that now make me a right wing christian sympathiser.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Does that now make me a right wing christian sympathiser.


Definitely not.

And just to clarify for all concerned I would never think this of [sic] 'everyone' concerned. But there's a damn strong precedent set by the events in Norway.

The Rev.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant
 



he is a murdering bas%%rd.

simple as that, don't try to glorify him with some

bs ideology and holier than thou for the little guy.

he needs to meet me.

i work cheap.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks
 


I unerstand your anger I really do. I have it as well.

But I have to hold it back, and try to understand where this murderers motivations came from.

The Revenant.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant
 


As a muslim, I dunno how I feel. Not about the event, that makes me feel terrible, I'm saying I don't know how I feel about peoples reactions.

Unfortunately it seems that people, even here on ATS are dissapointed that he wasn't muslim. All of a sudden it's MK Ultra or a false flag.

I've been tryna tell people for the longest time that Iraqi citizens are constantly saying that the 'suicide bombers' are nothing but paid panzies from Saudi Arabia, The USA and others, and people call me a liar, and an undercover terrorist. Is that what I'm supposed to say to those same people now that the tables are turned?

Prayers for Norway.
Prayers for humanity. We need them now more than ever. It's all boiling down.

God bless



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Right-Wing Christian fundamentalist terrorist.


Hey, refresh my memory again, who are the Right Wing Christians best friends with? It shows a lot in the US. As to how he got his guns...maybe he was helped by those friendly to Right Wing Christians.


Fooks, you best be quiet from now on.
edit on 23-7-2011 by Zamini because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


I believe it to be a false flag but not due to anti-muslim bias but rather based upon recent reports by the DHS. They claim that the most likely candidate for terrorism is a white, middle-class, Christian male. Since the main terrorist attacks we have seen as of late have come from Muslim's (most likely a false flag as well) I find this to be a pretty strange coincidence.
edit on 23-7-2011 by BrianC because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


I believe it to be a false flag but not due to anti-muslim bias but rather based upon recent reports by the DHS. They claim that the most likely candidate for terrorism is a white, middle-class, Christian male. Since the only main terrorist attacks we have seen as of late have come from Muslim's (most likely a false flag as well) I find this to be a pretty strange coincidence.


Fair enough. However, based on what we know so far, it wouldn't be far fetched to think that that DHS report was the REASON for his rampage. It would make sense for somebody to blow their top after being "put in a box because of another group".

All I know at this point is I do not want a race war, a religious war, or anything of the sorts.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant
 


For you to use this shooting to score petty points against religious and political ideologies which you disagree with, is every bit as irresponsible, erroneous and dangerous as those who use acts of Islamic extremism as an excuse to promote hatred against all Muslims.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that that is the whole point of your thread; to show how ignorant and irresponsible it is for people to whip up hatred against particular groups.

I understand that you're angry at the events, but some of your comments are pretty incendiary and all you're doing is perpetuating this cycle of hateful ''us vs them'' rhetoric in making this thread.

That's not cool, bro.

edit on 23-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


Oh of course, no one wants a race war and I believe things have been getting better for Muslim's every day following 9/11. At first there was hate and intolerance but most of those people have moved away from that hatred after the emotions regressed.

I completely disagree that this was caused because of being boxed into a stereotype or group. America has a lot of pull in other countries and therefore people take out there rage on America and Americans. This attack in Norway could very well have been orchestrated by the U.S. but not because of the U.S.

I wouldn't worry about anti-muslim thoughts on ATS, we have a few bad apples but most people here know 9/11 was an inside job



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine
 


Oh of course, no one wants a race war and I believe things have been getting better for Muslim's every day following 9/11. At first there was hate and intolerance but most of those people have moved away from that hatred after the emotions regressed.

I completely disagree that this was caused because of being boxed into a stereotype or group. America has a lot of pull in other countries and therefore people take out there rage on America and Americans. This attack in Norway could very well have been orchestrated by the U.S. but not because of the U.S.

I wouldn't worry about anti-muslim thoughts on ATS, we have a few bad apples but most people here know 9/11 was an inside job


I disagree that things have been getting better, because I live it, and watch it get worse. ON 9/11 I had a few neighbors come to my door to let me and my family know that they didn't blame us, and they weren't gonna box us with the bad bunch, bla bla bla. It's been getting harder, and harder especially since mid 2006 or so..

As for anti muslim thought on ATS, again, I deal with it a lot more than you. I get the U2U's that you don't..



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   
hahaha, ats and a lot of alternative fools fell into the two minutes' hate game. hate the muslims, ahte the blacks, hate the native americans, the chinese, the pakistanis, the afghanis, the iraqis...hate everyone, and now everyone is an enemy of the state, which is what the whole game is about. live for the swarm, suckas! you just lost.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by gameoverforyou
 


Funny how when somebody becomes an enemy of the state, he doesn't treat the state like an enemy, he treats it more like a leaving lover. If I'm an enemy of state, I look at the state and say "**** you state". lol



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
So when the Fort Hood Shooter attacked based on a clearly radical Muslim agenda, people cried out, "Do not paint all Muslims to be like him! Not all Muslims are radical!"

But when a right wing extremist does something bad, it is alright to paint all right wing people with the same brush?

Isn't that a little hypocrytical?

Pot. Meet kettle.

Hatred on any side is repugnant, but blaming anyone but the person responsible is just as repugnant.

Are all liberals responsible for the acts of one?

How about all athiests?

Christians?

Jews?

Just hateful speech, IMO.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, and assume that that is the whole point of your thread; to show how ignorant and irresponsible it is for people to whip up hatred against particular groups.


Yes, it is the point of the thread - but at the same time, one of our friendly resident Muslim members has pointed out that people are disappointed this isn't a Muslim crime. They want it to be, so that they can continue using ATS as a staging point for their hate campaign against anyone that isn't Christian, or right-wing. Most of their speech isn't edited / deleted or dealt with - it's just left as general conversation because the standard has fallen so low - we expect it.

Here's to hoping the community recognises the danger that is present with all of our resident fundamentalist Christians... we all know who they are and the hate that they spew on a daily basis - no matter how veiled it is. I wonder if this Norwegian fellow was a member here?

The Revenant.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
So when the Fort Hood Shooter attacked based on a clearly radical Muslim agenda, people cried out, "Do not paint all Muslims to be like him! Not all Muslims are radical!"

But when a right wing extremist does something bad, it is alright to paint all right wing people with the same brush?

Isn't that a little hypocrytical?


Your point is relevant - but inaccurate.

I'm talking about 'fundamentalist' Christians not [sic] 'Christians', and 'Extreme-Right' people - both of which ATS has a huge population. They're vocal, and hateful about homosexuals, liberals, lefties, Muslims (especially), and anyone who gets in their way. Fundamentalist Christian & 'Extreme Right-Wing' are almost the same creature these days... the ideologies go hand in hand.

Hate. Exclusion. Control. Ignorance.

Note my second my post on this thread.

The Revenant.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by The Revenant
 


I understand.

It's just that.. well, reading it comes off as pretty hateful, almost as if to induce a reaction from them. Perhaps I shouldn't assume that, but still, painting any group of people with a broad brush is just generally a bad thing to do.

Besides, two wrongs don't make a right, but I really do understand your anger. I think any time we feel that someones' actions are inspired by hate, we all have that same anger. I just think it takes a rather insane person, regardless of their religion or politics, to do what radicals do. I think they are unstable, hence the slide into radicalism. Hope that makes some sense.

Perhaps you will find different words when you aren't so angry, that's all.



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by The Revenant
 


I understand.

It's just that.. well, reading it comes off as pretty hateful, almost as if to induce a reaction from them. Perhaps I shouldn't assume that, but still, painting any group of people with a broad brush is just generally a bad thing to do.

Besides, two wrongs don't make a right, but I really do understand your anger. I think any time we feel that someones' actions are inspired by hate, we all have that same anger. I just think it takes a rather insane person, regardless of their religion or politics, to do what radicals do. I think they are unstable, hence the slide into radicalism. Hope that makes some sense.

Perhaps you will find different words when you aren't so angry, that's all.



Anger is a crazy force. I feel anger everytime I get on ATS and see people lying about what THINK my holy book says. I feel anger when people say that muslims need to be exterminated. I feel anger when people try to ACT like I'm an immigrant to the USA when in fact I'm not, my parents aren't, my grandparents aren't, nor are their parents. I feel anger everytime people try to act like they know Islam better than me when they haven't studied it outside of jihadwatch.com EVER. I feel anger everytime people call me a liar....

Would I like for those people who make me feel that anger to feel it too? Yes

When people are writing posts calling ME, my family, and other muslims "subhumans" people don't say "wow that anger makes it seem liek you're trying to provoke muslims" nooooo, they get a damn star. Now that the tables are turned, we should watch our grammar right? Better yet, I bet if I copied and pasted a statement that was said to me on another thread and substitute the word "muslim" for "christian" I'd get a warning and get my post removed...



posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I've always felt that the so-called Christian fundamentalists could prove equally as dangerous as the so-called Muslim fundamentalists. Though I thought it'd manifest itself in American first.

And I say so-called because calling themselves Christian (or Muslim) is an affront to all Christians and indeed followers of all religions.

This Norwegian guy was a Christian in the same way my father was a small piece of blue fluff a Taiwanese girl found in her belly button last week. And the same goes for Bin Laden etal.





new topics

top topics



 
23
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join