It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elected to receive Degrees of Masonry...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
"was going to ask you the same question.
"

If i was ever hood-winked by a mason i would be scared senseless.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Go with God, by the blood of Jesus. I will help when I have time.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deadallready
We can tag team the spooks. Ya, he was nervous, his hart felt the pain of his confusion. They nabbed another one.

I think a wrestling metaphor may be misguided, for there are those here may have a far better sense of the machinations that occur within the "Squared Circle". Proceed at your own peril, history is rife with the "Tag Team" analogy, specifically the "Cartoon Network".

The Masked Monkey, not just for �Mucha Lucha! anymore...

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deadallready
Go with God, by the blood of Jesus. I will help when I have time.

Ummmm. Do you actually read anything that is written in reply to you?
As stated elsewhere, it's hard enough to decipher your incoherent ramblings, and to find out you don't even bother reading my attempts at deciphering and replying to them just takes the biscuit.

Honestly, some people.....

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DetectivePerez
Like when the Grand Mason asks you what you observed at the end?

Honest question, please don't flame me.

The "Grand Mason?" I'm probably the heaviest Mason in my Lodge (I was over 300 before, but now by the grace of God I have reduced to about 290... yaay!)... does that make me the "Grand Mason?"

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Here in the UK, the newly initiated brother doesn't do this in the Temple. He replies to a toast made to him at the festive board.

Here too. The speeches are generally the same. Thankyous, compliments, and that nice deer-in-headlights look you get when you've given the candidate a lot to think about.

Do you "make" Master Masons in one day, Senrak? If so, I can understand why they need to know some ritual. The catechism in the UK only has to be learned for the 2nd and 3rd degrees over here and therefore the candidate doesn't need to study for his 1st.

Again, same here. But actually, in my lodge, we have three sets of info the candidate must remember: catechism, trials and approbation, and his obligation. It's incredibly embarassing if a candidate doesn't have it memorised, but if they pass an informal check before the meeting, they are allowed to proceed.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlexKennedy
The "Grand Mason?" I'm probably the heaviest Mason in my Lodge (I was over 300 before, but now by the grace of God I have reduced to about 290... yaay!)... does that make me the "Grand Mason?"

It would be "El Grande Mason", here in the "Land of Enchantment", a little fry bread, and cerveza and we'll have you back over "three bills" AK, just to clarify the "gravity" of issue.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
It would be "El Grande Mason", here in the "Land of Enchantment", a little fry bread, and cerveza and we'll have you back over "three bills" AK, just to clarify the "gravity" of issue.

No... I'm sick of scaring everyone. I want to be... little.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:51 AM
link   
DefectivePerez, your question has no value, and only demonstrates your lack of heart and understanding of masonry.

Being in darkness, I had two guides with me, who placed me in the hands of a true and trusty friend. At NO time did I feel fear or confusion... these men were my friends and family.

I am a fifth (at least) generation mason, though we did not talk masonry in my house as I grew up (my father was raised by his brother and his father when I was 10). I knew masons all my life, though for the most part didn't know it, but why would I join a group of men I did not trust? Sheesh, these men are GOOD men, honorable men. Honest to g-d, I would have more to fear in a church than in a lodge!

At least in a lodge, I KNOW who the members are, all certified men with a good history, honorable and true. A church accepts anyone that can pass through the doors, which is as it should be, hence your question just won't make sense to a mason...

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
Here in the UK, the newly initiated brother doesn't do this in the Temple. He replies to a toast made to him at the festive board.

That's a good point Leveller. It can't be stated enough that Masonry is not the same across the globe. I'm on several Masonic lists with U.S. brothers who think that the way THEIR Lodge does it is the ONLY way. Interestingly there are several "European Concept" Lodges now operating in the U.S. www.bessel.org...
Also for Masonic Education my Lodge has done a "mock" Initiation utilizing the Emulation Ritual. By "mock" I mean that the so-called Candidate was a member of the Lodge. We acted out the First Degree for the benefit and instruction of the Lodge members.

Do you "make" Master Masons in one day, Senrak? If so, I can understand why they need to know some ritual. The catechism in the UK only has to be learned for the 2nd and 3rd degrees over here and therefore the candidate doesn't need to study for his 1st.

That's interesting. We have to learn the 1st before passing to the 2nd, the 2nd before being made a 3rd. Some jurisdictions require the 3rd to be memorized...some only require it for the member to become a Lodge Officer.
Typically we don't "make" Masons in one day, there is a 28 day waiting period between each degree. However, in the past the Grand Master has authorized a "chance to advance" day. Entered Apprentices & Fellow Crafts who have not advanced to Master Mason (some for 20 years or more) are elevated to M.M. The E.A. Degree is given in synopsis style to refresh everyone's memory, then the F.C. is given in full using one of the Candidates as an exemplar (much like Scottish Rite work does) Same for the M.M. except at the end, each M.M. is created individually.

The Grand Lodge Certificate which the English mason receives is classed as his "passport". We too, only ever receive one. It has to be carried whenever we visit another Lodge.

I think we're talking about two different things here. The certificate I mention is given only if the Brother has proven proficient in the degrees. We are also issued a "dues card" (this is given annually when dues are paid) to show that we are a member in good standing. I do understand that the U.K., Canada and elsewhere do not do this.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   

When you were hood-winked (not sure if that is a rude word or not), Did you feel in your heart Fear or Love?

Hood-winked is a proper term, not rude at all (thanks for asking, though) I was excited, nervous, anxious...also in the hands of two trusted friends so I felt no fear at all. My initiation was a moving experience. One I'll never forget.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Theron, why do you insist in calling me Defective?

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   
DP said

If i was ever hood-winked by a mason i would be scared senseless.

IMHO , from what i have read here lately DP that would be a very short hop.

While I am not a Mason, and may never become one, I have the greatest respect for them and have been associated with them in the past. as I recall
there were Masons on both sides of my family and some of my wifes relatives
were members.

Antonio, enjoy your journey.
I have always thought that it was the journey not the destination that was important.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Theron, why do you insist in calling me Defective?

Meter Maid,

I agree, there's nothing worse than a poster that eschews either spell check, or the common courtesy (and dare I say intent to "Deny Ignorance") to compose an accurate, and factually sound post. The inference that you are defective by title alone is inherently flawed, and causes me to reminisce to an ongoing thread here. I hereby chastise TD for inferring that the Meter Maid is defective, he was merely born that way...

�Splitting Hairs� Monkeys, not just for minutiae anymore�

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Hmmmm, well, sure.... why...

Your posts show a severe lack of

Compassion
understanding
knowledge
competence

I assumed you used Detective in your name to infere a degree of detecting or investigation done prior to posting on a given subject, but what you have shown in your posts about masonry, the degrees, Order of Eastern Star etc show that you do not have a clue, and more, unlike a detective, you do not seem interested IN the truth.

You have, what, six, seven masons, AND a board op correcting you constantly, yet you just don't seem interested in the truth, focusing, with a singleminded determination on holding close to your breast the carefully wrought misconclusions with which you came to this forum.

hence defective. As another pointed out, you seem to be a defective detective.

YOU can change that by at least appearing informed, even if the information is on the lies that the masonic critics publish. At least those would show some research, but what you bring is prejudice... unthinking, arrogant, unchristian, ungodly, hateful ignorance.

Stupidity and incompetence like that NH has demonstrated is just laughable, but you at least, seem capable of rational thought... you just seem stuck in a rut that no amount of information can correct. WHY? Do you enjoy wallowing in ignorance?

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Right... you just gave me more of a reason to hate masons.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:49 AM
link   

DP,

Let me get this straight? You "hate" masons because you spread untruths about them and they correct you?

It's truly a shame that you hate me. Particularly since you've never MET me. I thought I'd been pretty civil to you in most of my posts, but I guess if you "hate" me....I'll leave you alone to play by yourself. Bye-bye.

(I sure hate to be "hated" though....I may have trouble taking my nap this afternoon....

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Oh puhleeeeese! This is possibly the MOST disingenuous post of the "oh, poor me!" class I've ever seen. You come on the board, spread cruel, hateful, pernicious lies for about a week, then when somebody plays with your screen name, your response is "oooh, I have another reason to hate Masons." It's obvious, DP, that you've always hated Masons, for whatever twisted, demented reason. It doesn't matter what your interlocutor said, you would have turned it into another reason to hate Masons. And there we see how you operate... at the basic level, it's not about "inverstigation," it's not about finding the truth - it's just about pure, unmitigated hate. For someone who once lectured me about not suing, because it's unChristian, you've got a lot of nerve.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Because ONE mason shows you to be an ignorant, you have a reason to hate MASONS? That is as ignorant as hating all Christians because one fool calling himself detectiveperez posts hateful prejudiced words against masons... or hating all black men because Louis Sharpton is a bigot, or...

can't you see how ignorant and hateful this makes you? Your reply is proof of my thesis... yet you claim to be a detective... of WHAT?

posted on Jan, 20 2007 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Please guys, lets redeem this thread because what i am reading is truly better than sex

<< 1   >>

join