It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this a sad story to any of you?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Once Upon a Time there was girl who had no Papa, but he had died, so she came, this day, to her Mama and asked for a puppy. Her momma said , “No! No puppy!”

Mama at once thought that she, herself, would be responsible for a house puppy, and was not prepared for it. She had been raised on a farm and all cats and dogs were ”farm animals”! How does one keep a puppy in the city? All the rules must be different!

The young girl kept begging, “Please, please, please!” as her mother tried to think this through. She knew her daughter was not all that responsible, but perhaps having a puppy to look after would help her to be more responsible. Think Mother! Think!

After some time the mother said, “Yes! You may have a puppy but you will be totally responsible for it. You will see to its feeding, to its training, to its city behaviour, and other issues as they arise. I will do what is necessary while you are in school, but then you will come home and take over!”

“ Oh Thank you Mommy, Thank you! I will. I will. I promise!” and she ran to the newspaper to look for a free puppy! Sure enough there were about 6 new born puppies there to give away. They were part Lab and part German Shepherd

They drove few miles out of the city to see the puppies and they definitely were cute, but not yet ready to leave their momma. Momma and daughter placed an order for one for when it was ready, and upon ‘coming home’ he was named ‘Kintu’. Oh what a cute little rambunctious puppy! Oh what a ‘wildish’ little puppy. Momma never knew where he would go if not on a leash, but daughter ran around few blocks every night before her bedtime and took Kintu with her. He really still needed a leash.

Momma had spent 6 weeks to housebreak him, and Momma was in a wheelchair. That was some feat and it was just accomplished on this day of the evening that daughter went for her run with Kintu. Momma reminded her to keep him on his leash, but she didn’t.

Momma heard the screeching tires, at the top of the street. She froze. Should she go to the door? And check? She listened and then heard, “Mom! Mom!” That was called from halfway up the street. As Momma opened the side door of their house she saw her daughter carrying the dead body of Kintu. Just a pup, who entered Momma’s heart then left. Momma threw a garbage bag out the side door, and said, Ï cannot bear to look!. I will call Ken”. (A friend.)

Momma called Ken who came over and buried Kintu in the back yard and Momma knows not where.

What an empty house without this little rambunctious puppy, so Momma went to the Animal Shelter and found a desolate looking puppy, part German Shepherd, part Collie. Oh, he sat funny, as though his hip were broken, and looked very pathetic. Home he came with Momma….but daughter hadn’t asked for another pup. “Whoops!”, thinks Momma, “Maybe you didn’t need to go get a replacement”. Now Momma felt totally responsible, but yet not totally, but a lot, but not really a lot but…well she was head of the house!

Well ‘Jedi’ was the greatest, funniest little pup, and Daughter clipped his nails and Momma house broke him. He never was wild or furious, as had been Kintu. Once on the hour Momma lifted him up on her lap and then a ‘roll’ outside, do his business, Momma picked him up onto her lap and back into the house. When Momma was out of her wheelchair and into another chair, Jedi took over the wheelchair for a sleep. He loved Momma.

Momma smoked and watched Soap Operas during the day. When this was taking all her attention from Jedi, he would go to the kitchen drawer and bring her a pack of cigarettes. If she kept on watching TV, he would bring another. What a darling! He would empty the drawer, and all her packs would be stacked on the living room end table.

Then one day he took a flying leap onto Momma’s lap and sat there. She was baffled, then clued in….going to the ‘can’ meant a ride outside and back in. Momma had to retrain him on that one. He was a quick one! That he was!

Daughter clipped his nails and fed him his pills, took him on runs, but if …‘Oh, Oh,’ Enter the “boy-friend”: Momma knew this would happen. Now she had Jedi most evenings too and even the 11:00 pm walk before she went to bed.

Was this the way it was to be? Like one evening struggling up the slope, her front wheels caught in a street grate and she couldn’t move, as Jedi’s collar and throat were pulled right close to the right wheel. She could have unhooked his latch to the collar, but he was not yet trained to “Stay”, and in the dark he could have run anywhere, while she was stuck in the grate.

A car slowed down, a young couple, eating ice cream cones: the young man came to Momma’s assistantce, unhooked Jedi, handed him to his girl friend, and Momma noticed right off the bat the he began to eat the young man’s ice cream. Finally Momma was unwound from the chains, unstuck from the grate and Jedi was re-hooked to his collar. This was somewhat of an eye opener for Momma.

How would she manage the puppy all alone when he was not yet trained. She had been too slack in allowing the Daughter to also have her own life, and not train the puppy. Now Jedi needed some rules., and they had to be enforced by a walker, not a person in a wheelchair, then the latter could use the commands later on her own. Momma told this to her daughter for before she left home for University.

Momma was away one afternoon, came home to an empty house. No daughter after school. No puppy. …..well they had to be out learning together. Still nothing by bedtime and Momma went to bed alone, no Jedi bumping under the bed to get comfortable.

The next morning the daughter is there but no Jedi. Momma was confused. Where could he be? Daughter goes off to school quickly , as usual, and Momma is alone all day.

In the later afternoon the Daughter strolls unconcerned down the street to home, Momma has been SO curious, and worried, so as her daughter came into the house, Momma asked, ‘Where is Jedi”

The very sad and selfish response was, “I gave him away!”

edit on 23-7-2011 by canadiansenior70 because: title

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Are you writing a story and telling of a true story........The moral of the story is, be sure your child is not traumatized by puppy death before getting a new one to replace it! Sadly it sounds like karma to me...
edit on 23-7-2011 by Starwise because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
That is the second thread tonight i have read that made my brain hurt.
The first one was about some mirrors.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
That is the second thread tonight i have read that made my brain hurt.
The first one was about some mirrors.

The mirror one got me too!!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
if you read every second word in this story backwards you enter the 6 dimension

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Of course it's sad. Why do you ask?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Sad it is. I also wonder why you ask and why you shared...

And it could be that you are the "Momma"...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Nope, not sad at all.

Pathetic maybe but not sad. What was the point again? Am I being way too harsh here? I never liked dogs anyway, dirty things, much prefer cats.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I could barely get through the first line. She had no papa, but he died? What does that mean? There's no papa, so she went to her mama and asked for a puppy? You indicate cause and effect but there is no cause or effect, just things that happened.

I can't follow the progress of the story with any ease; work on your technique, and try again. The pacing is flawed, grammar is weak, and it's unclear.

... Also why's it in skunkworks?! Is Jedi an alien?
edit on 23-7-2011 by Solasis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm sorry. I meant this for another forum---just got used to this one and wasn't thinking.

_explanation_ = 2nd line!

top topics

join