It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrail proof

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Indy says:

"In the first set of colorful ones sure looks like the trail of a sounding rocket or a weather rocket, Some sounding rockets are made to leave a chemical trail to explore high altitude wind profiles..... high altitude plume condensation can form ice crystals and refract light into colors. IT kind of reminds me of the sounding rocket launches that were launched from Wallops Island, VA that I would see in Delaware as a kid..... Very colorful."

So you're saying that you talked to someone who said that persistent contrails reminded him of the plumes of sounding rockets, because the ice crystals can refract light into colors and some sounding rockets have chemicals in them that are used to explore wind profiles at high altitudes.

Well, no argument there. Sounding rockets can and do refract light, and often do it dramatically, since the exhaust is often 70 or 80 miles high and can be illuminated by the sun below the horizon when the skies are still completely dark.

Aircraft contrails, which are ice crystals, can and do refract light, just like cirrus clouds, which are also ice crystals, refract light. But rainbows refract light and so do the scales on insects, and they're not tied in with the presence of chemicals.

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
the ozone has been reported many times the size of europe near the south pole.traveling near the south hemisphere is bad for your health.nasa has lots of data on this.enviromental hazards are no joke like they where 30 years ago.chemtrails, weather rockets or any other idea to fix the weather i say go for it.we need saving.

[edit on 21-11-2004 by flukemol]

posted on Nov, 21 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Off_The_Street and HowardRoark, that is sad about Julien. I was hoping for a better prognosis.

Most people who are scientific illiterates are usually illiterate in the other ways as well; if you don't believe me, look at some of the posts on Clowneycon's site.

I don�t think that I need to go all of the way over there for that.

Not only that, but I resemble your statement: I just made a few posts over there, myself.

[edit on 11/21/2004 by Yaak]

posted on Nov, 22 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
flukemol says:

"the ozone has been reported many times the size of europe near the south pole.traveling near the south hemisphere is bad for your health.nasa has lots of data on this.enviromental hazards are no joke like they where 30 years ago.chemtrails, weather rockets or any other idea to fix the weather i say go for it.we need saving."

I agree. We as a race of people need to stop the thinning of the ozone layer because of the damage to our health and the health of all living creatures.

But the only way we seem to be able to eliminate the ozone holes is to stop releasing chemicals (like chlorofluorocarbons) into the atmosphere which inhibit ozone making in the first place. Once the release of chlorofluorocarbons is cut back sufficiently, the ozon layer will heal itself, since more ozone is created all the time byt the action of untra-violet light on 'normal' oxygen (O2) molecules .

Most ozone in the atmosphere is at an altitude of more than ten miles, which means that aircraft contrails, even if they did have something to do with ozone (which they don't) are simply too low to impact the ozone layer.

You can find out more about the Ozone layer at www.epa.gov...

Regards,

Off-the-Street

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join