It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway "Tragedy" give me a break.............

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I think it is time for Norway to offer a concealed firearm program to those responsible enough and trained to handle a pistol. If at least a few people at that camp had a pistol, they could have discouraged the murderer from continuing to shoot.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ren1999

indeed. Where I live, kids swimming at a youth camp are often armed to the teeth.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I havent read all the thread as it is late where i am (i shall do so tomorrow)

I just had to say though, that was beutifully and tactfully put

I have often thought along similar lines when seeing certain media coverage on loss and tragedy, how much loss and tragedy have our wars cost across the world? I support our good soldiers out there ONly because i fear for them, such fear and pain for such meaningless conquests.

People do need to "wake up"! I agree with you heart and soul there brother. If 2 million people enlighted the person next to them and so on, a change could happen. A change HAS happened really, think pre-9/11 and the war in Iraq. The entire 'mess that was', surrounding that situation, really opened peoples eyes up to lies and propaganda. And there is SO much out there information wise, to show people, it's not hard to make most people see sense these days.

I myself have touch 6 people i can think of, and many more that i've probably made 'question' certain views they hold dear. These 6 people now ALways search beyond that which is told to them, and because of this they are more aware of the world around them for what having your EYES OPEN makes you do..RESEARCH!

I hope this thread has opened the eyes of a few more minds to research into what THEIR leaders do in THEIR name, and decide to deny ignorence

Peace to you my friend.

AoN
edit on 23-7-2011 by Anomic of Nihilism because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2011 by Anomic of Nihilism because: spelling, and need sleep lol

edit on 23-7-2011 by Anomic of Nihilism because: Missed an 'A' in the word 'research'... tsk tsk shameful lol

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

Actually I have family who are in the forces or have been in the forces..

I respect military people but not ignorant fools..

To call someone a coward because they are not in the military or say they know nothing is ignorant at best..

Do you ONLY post in military threads because that's your profession or do you believe you know about other things?
I ask because I am fed up with posters like yourself who believe if you haven't served, you know nothing..

BTW, did the US think no civilians would die when they dropped 2 atom bombs??

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It's amusing but sad, how if a tragedy occurs on foreign soil.. it's not. They are "overreacting" to the situation. Over 90 people killed.. most of them CHILDREN.. and yet.. it's overreaction by the media.

What a sick thread.

Of lives lost, the loss of life when it's children is especially dramatic and terrible. Who knows what some of them could have ended up doing and being and living? And we'll never know.. but they are overreacting, because it's Norway. Just sick imo.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

It's only if it's white people that we see pages and pages of it or even a thread about it. If it happens in the west or in a White country.... it's a tragedy or a terrible event.

Are you certain about that?
Did it ever occur to you that Noway is a great example of what we are all aiming for?
The terrorist attacks in the middle East occur in war torn countries.

People don't want to see Norway attacks because they feel it could easily happen at home. In fact Norway is #1 on the list of countries people will want to align themselves with.

You used Norway's deserved popularity to make a racist statement.

Comment fail

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Actually I have family who are in the forces or have been in the forces..

I respect military people but not ignorant fools..

To call someone a coward because they are not in the military or say they know nothing is ignorant at best..

Do you ONLY post in military threads because that's your profession or do you believe you know about other things?
I ask because I am fed up with posters like yourself who believe if you haven't served, you know nothing..

BTW, did the US think no civilians would die when they dropped 2 atom bombs??

Most people who are cowards don't like to hear it so I can under stand why you get fed up.
To talk about some thing that you know nothing about because your not in the military is ignorant at best.
no matter how you slice it just make peace with it.

I tell you this because I am fed up with posters like yourself who believe that if you haven't served, you know every thing there is to know about the military.

Do you Only post in threads that you know nothing about? Because I am used to seeing your posts all over ATS and its pretty stand practice for you to be wrong. Which is why you jump a-lot get proven wrong change subject or bail on thread...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

I know you most likely won't look it up so I'll give you a bit of history

Al-Taji airfield, in the volatile Sunni Triangle, was originally an Iraqi Republican Guard base during the Saddam era. It was once a center for the manufacture of chemical weapons.[1] UNSCOM found at Taji 6,000 empty canisters designed to be filled with chemical weapons for use in 122mm rockets.

According to the Gulf War Airpower Survey, there was a Sector Operations Center located at Al Taji. The airbase is served by a 5,500-foot-long (1,700 m) runway.[2] Taji was also the largest tank maintenance facility in Iraq.

Taji was heavily bombed during Operation Desert Fox in which 13 different targets in the Camp were hit during the December 1998 air strikes.[3]

The base came under American control following the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

this is just a taste of what we found I know it says empty canisters but there was still a bit in them when we found them. for more look up fort mead

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I'm still waiting for the OP to explain how he thinks this is actually connected to NATO in ANY way, despite all evidence thus far.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

It won't happen because he did it just to troll no matter what evidence you present to him. They will still say that its because of the middle east..

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Carry on with the rants soldier..

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Do you Only post in threads that you know nothing about? Because I am used to seeing your posts all over ATS and its pretty stand practice for you to be wrong. Which is why you jump a-lot get proven wrong change subject or bail on thread...

Show me exactly where you "proved me wrong" and I will humbly apologize and I don't mean with mere personal opinions...

Can't be fairer than that right...

BTW, the personal insults are immature...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Show me exactly where you "proved me wrong" and I will humbly apologize and I don't mean with mere personal opinions...

Can't be fairer than that right...

BTW, the personal insults are immature...

Learn to read I never said I proved you wrong, I just said that I am used to seeing your posts all over ATS and other people prove you wrong. No were IN my POST did I say that I proved you wrong...

Yes the personal insults are Immature on both parts. I can admit that too.

Think is maybe you were just the straw that broke the camels back IDK

as you say your a business owner I am not I don't make posts pretending I know any thing about it. I've never owned one and would have no ideal how its done and could hardly bust your balls on any thing you do as a business owner.

All I ask is that don't judge a soldier if you have never been one, You don't know any thing about it. its pretty in vogue right now to bash us. I do support both our wars and think if we had done things differently like spent our money on the locals and not just on base that war would have been done and a victory first year.

So I am sorry for taking it out on you I do feel bad for that but one can only take so much ignorant bashing before one dishes back.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Carry on with the rants soldier..

I will lol...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
In other words since we let all this war against other countries start, we should hold ourselves responsible for letting it happen too. So no one is innocent. If you know the government is committing wrongdoings to other countries, and you let it happen, you are a part of it too.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
First off, let me say that my heart, mind and soul goes out to the families who have lost loved ones in what has happened to this mostly peaceful Nordic country. I wish no ill will nor loss of life to anyone, anywhere in the world.

That being said, we must stay true to denying ignorance and sometimes that means facing facts that we may not always like and even though they sit heavy in our stomachs like a MacDonald's big mac they are none the less facts.

Norway is a part of NATO and has been since it's inception, realizing this, understanding this and then admitting that NATO is now involved in more Illegal and immoral wars than the entire world has seen since Hitler and Nazi Germany can you understand the truth. War is NEVER one sided, even though one side may posses far superior weaponry and tactics, the other side will find a way to strike back, thus is the nature of war itself.

Do I feel sorry for the innocent civilians that were killed in these attacks? Of course I do, I would ask if you feel sorry for the innocent civilians that are killed every day on a much larger scale in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya? Those innocents you don't hear about because the MSM is told not to report about it. I am supposed to feel some sort of propagandized national pride and outrage because my Nordic brothers were killed and now dominates western media but at the same time supposed to ignore all the other innocent people who die in our unjust wars that are not reported for the sole purpose of nationalism propaganda?

Wake up Americans, collateral damage happens every day and make no mistake, WE ARE AT WAR..... War is not one sided just because you think America is the new Rome and how dare anyone oppose us. If you are upset about this atrocity then please also ask what we are doing to civilians in countries we are unjustly at war with and are bombing on a daily basis. How many innocent lives have we taken and seen zero news coverage about because we are now living in a fascistic and totalitarian society with state run media and enforcement.

What happened here was wrong but what we ARE DOING on a much larger scale every day across the globe is just as wrong, the only difference is, your favorite news cast doesn't tell you about it.

WAKE UP
edit on 23-7-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

what if we dont live in america ?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
You know I feel very sorry for the loss of life in Norway. I had a chance to visit there in the 80's and it was beautiful country. But let's face facts. This is a very Liberal Country. Just look at the Nobel Prize, they gave Obama one for things he might do as President not for getting elected......WTF So when mayhem and destruction hit this country I feel sorry for the loss of life but they have brought this wrath upon themselves for the extreme Liberal viewpoints they have force upon their country and the world.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sandmannc40
Just look at the Nobel Prize, they gave Obama one for things he might do as President not for getting elected.......

Are you saying that Noway is solely responsible for choosing who wins the Nobel peace prize?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
It's interesting you say this because he used NATO ammunition rounds in this massacre.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

You are right that the media does not report civilian deaths in places like the ME with as much emotion and coverage, but that does not excuse the fact that innocent lives were lost and a huge tragedy has occurred in Norway. Two wrongs do not make a right and this was a big wrong.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join