It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway "Tragedy" give me a break.............

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+128 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
First off, let me say that my heart, mind and soul goes out to the families who have lost loved ones in what has happened to this mostly peaceful Nordic country. I wish no ill will nor loss of life to anyone, anywhere in the world.

That being said, we must stay true to denying ignorance and sometimes that means facing facts that we may not always like and even though they sit heavy in our stomachs like a MacDonald's big mac they are none the less facts.

Norway is a part of NATO and has been since it's inception, realizing this, understanding this and then admitting that NATO is now involved in more Illegal and immoral wars than the entire world has seen since Hitler and Nazi Germany can you understand the truth. War is NEVER one sided, even though one side may posses far superior weaponry and tactics, the other side will find a way to strike back, thus is the nature of war itself.

Do I feel sorry for the innocent civilians that were killed in these attacks? Of course I do, I would ask if you feel sorry for the innocent civilians that are killed every day on a much larger scale in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya? Those innocents you don't hear about because the MSM is told not to report about it. I am supposed to feel some sort of propagandized national pride and outrage because my Nordic brothers were killed and now dominates western media but at the same time supposed to ignore all the other innocent people who die in our unjust wars that are not reported for the sole purpose of nationalism propaganda?

Wake up Americans, collateral damage happens every day and make no mistake, WE ARE AT WAR..... War is not one sided just because you think America is the new Rome and how dare anyone oppose us. If you are upset about this atrocity then please also ask what we are doing to civilians in countries we are unjustly at war with and are bombing on a daily basis. How many innocent lives have we taken and seen zero news coverage about because we are now living in a fascistic and totalitarian society with state run media and enforcement.

What happened here was wrong but what we ARE DOING on a much larger scale every day across the globe is just as wrong, the only difference is, your favorite news cast doesn't tell you about it.

WAKE UP
edit on 23-7-2011 by Helious because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
You are correct.

Any member of NATO is as much to blame for the daily atrocities across the Globe and as such, has entered into the beginning stages of a much larger war.

Yes, we feel for our allies but we should also remember that those innocents killed every day by those same allies are in most cases just that...innocent.

It's not the citizens of a Nation that names their enemy...it's the elite that tells us who to hate and fear. We just fight and die because we are told it's us or them. We fight and die for freedom that we don't even have anymore. But who says that our supposed enemies aren't told the same?

edit on 23-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Very well put OP, how convenient is this for TPTB

Another perfect story to use as a distraction from the crumbing world economy.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

edit on 23-7-2011 by strafgod because: delete

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
As I posted in another thread,Didnt The leader of Libya threaten Europeans in their homes and at work recently?
www.skynews.com.au...
A defiant Muammar Gaddafi has threatened to carry out attacks in Europe against 'homes, offices, families' unless NATO halts its campaign of airstrikes against his regime in Libya.

And as another member pointed out .Norwegian Jets have been dropping bombs on Libya

Norwegian fighter jets reportedly have bombed at least 130 targets in Libya since the UN-backed military intervention began last month, meaning that Norwegian pilots are among those carrying out the most bombing raids over Libya. Norwegian officials, meanwhile, have held talks with representatives of the Libyan opposition fighting the country’s longtime leader Moammar Gadhafi.

www.newsinenglish.no...

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Although I agree with your concept, I don't fully agree with your logic..

Civilians on BOTH sides have no say in what is happening and yet it is always them that are targeted..

It would be better if they bombed Government or Military sites IMO and then they may be justified..

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
As I posted in another thread,Didnt The leader of Libya threaten Europeans in their homes and at work recently?
www.skynews.com.au...
A defiant Muammar Gaddafi has threatened to carry out attacks in Europe against 'homes, offices, families' unless NATO halts its campaign of airstrikes against his regime in Libya.

And as another member pointed out .Norwegian Jets have been dropping bombs on Libya

Norwegian fighter jets reportedly have bombed at least 130 targets in Libya since the UN-backed military intervention began last month, meaning that Norwegian pilots are among those carrying out the most bombing raids over Libya. Norwegian officials, meanwhile, have held talks with representatives of the Libyan opposition fighting the country’s longtime leader Moammar Gadhafi.

www.newsinenglish.no...

The so called Libyan rebellion that NATO now acknowledges as "legitimate" are nothing more than savage tribal warriors who have little to none in the way of morality when it would come to there advisories. The view on our wars are propagated and framed by our state run media and by nothing else. Refusal by our government to call it war does not make it so.

We are at war, we are attacking sovereign countries around the globe, not for self defense, not to stop genocide but to preserve the American dollar as the standard for oil trading. This is treason by our government, we have sold out to foreign powers for political and financial gain on the short sale. Our country was not meant to wage ware outside of the defense of our borders.

I support the brave volunteers of WW2, the fighter pilots and those that wished to make a difference against Hitler and his crazy agenda and I support America diving head first into that war because we were safeguarding all of humanity by doing so.

Libya? Iraq? Give me a break....... Those countries couldn't pose a threat to Canada........ No reason to be there nor spend billions upon billions of dollars on a war based upon lies that makes a mockery of our constitution because they want to stray from the dollar as there oil standard.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Helious

Civilians on BOTH sides have no say in what is happening and yet it is always them that are targeted..

It would be better if they bombed Government or Military sites IMO and then they may be justified..

Sorry my friend, that is not how it works in war. NATO has them cornered in every way shape and form, how else are they supposed to strike back if not to address the world in a way that they see will be meaningful even if it is barbaric?

Have not many people through out history have been guilty of the same? If you can not fight your tormentors directly, you will fight them in directly because you have no other choice. War is war, it is never pretty nor are there any true heroes past Troy and Greece.

It ended there, and there is NO TERRORISM in war, after all, it is war..........

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by Helious

know what BIBy? star for the last 2 comments.

nato is an organization, not 1 whackjob and a ton of ammo in a petting zoo.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

Well with my math since 2003 I would say the USA and yes that couts every single person even YOU and including me, atleast 3 millions lives from our hands...Alot of people will say im wrong and blah blah blah but you guys dont realise that over a million people have died in iraq alone and thats the number they give us most likely the actual number is much higher. The american people are now responsible for all these deaths because you all sit idle by while your brothers are murdering innocent people 5,000 miles away and you let your government carry on with this for over 10 years....as long as it doesnt bother any of your lives then you guys (not just here on ats all over usa) dont care.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I know if Russia came over here and invaded with China people would be in the street shooting them and planting bombs (sound familar?) to kill them...now tell me everybody whats the difference between iraqi's...that their skin is brown and they believe a different way?

+29 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

No, I won't give you a break.

''Do I feel sorry for the innocent civilians that were killed in these attacks? Of course I do, I would ask if you feel sorry for the innocent civilians that are killed every day on a much larger scale in Afghanistan, Iraq and Libya? Those innocents you don't hear about because the MSM is told not to report about it. ''

How are we supposed to discuss and become emotional about things that are not reported?

Why put the word tragedy in quote marks? You don't think it is no?

Just because you said ''I feel sorry'' , doesn't change the fact that this is a deeply insensitive and unhelpful thread.

edit on 23-7-2011 by Beyond Creation because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Face palm this whole thread... although it did give me a good chuckle ... other than that a waste of space.. you have no concept of how a real war works.. this planet hasn't seen a good war since world war two. this that is going on in norway is just terrorism if it can be called that, its sad but it was not done by any one that wasn't a citizen of that country, he wasn't from Libya or any other third world countries.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Beyond Creation

I served over their in Iraq can't say any thing about afgan from first hand know how but iraq is old news.

sorry to say but yeah its true the united states has killed very few of them over the past couple of years.

its old news about our troops dying over their too.. because now its an accident if one of our guys gets hit.

not sure if you knew this but Iraq is in the middle of a civil war, its not going to fix it self any time soon. I don't feel bad for them at all.

The United States should have just bombed killed Saddam and his military and rolled back out.

Sick and tired of this rebuilding crap... let them fix their own mess.. don't mean that in a bad way really,, you can only rebuild some thing so much be fore they try and blow each other up some more..

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
When you decide to wage war, you assign personal risk to those who are in your "possession". There can be not guarantees when your government decides on war.

Civilizes will always be a huge part of any campaign regarding any state or government when it pertains to war and when it comes to all out war.... In that.. Kill or be killed, they are always on the table because demoralization is a real effect driven by military tactics that has been laid out by the very best in the game, namely "Sun Tzu".

Americans kill more civilians every day in unjust wars than all other countries combined. We have a power grab from unjust government that is trying to strip us all of our rights and heard us into a society that just obeys without question. If you dissent at all, if you try to assert your constitutional rights, you will most likely be deemed a domestic terrorist and your local jack booted police thug will be more than happy to mace you, break your arm or even jail you on bogus charges just to keep you in check.

We are at a tipping point, we must now all draw a line in the sand and if need be become martyrs because that is exactly what it is going to take. One story to reach one heart and to realize that this story will NOT be you. Step by step, person by person, we can take back this country through civil disobedience and jury's refusing to find people guilty for bogus laws.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by Helious

Well with my math since 2003 I would say the USA and yes that couts every single person even YOU and including me, atleast 3 millions lives from our hands...Alot of people will say im wrong and blah blah blah but you guys dont realise that over a million people have died in iraq alone and thats the number they give us most likely the actual number is much higher. The american people are now responsible for all these deaths because you all sit idle by while your brothers are murdering innocent people 5,000 miles away and you let your government carry on with this for over 10 years....as long as it doesnt bother any of your lives then you guys (not just here on ats all over usa) dont care.

ya, i think i just came up with a word for you people.

it's got nothing to do with islam.

it's called stockholm syndrome by proxy. maybe some form of perverted Munchhausen syndrome.

i could say that is fook's syndrome.

1million people? probably mix in a little schizophrenia in that.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

if you want to make lame comments that just that lame,, it wasn't some one from another country it was a person from norway who did it, you stupid thread might work if he was a muslim from a war torn country but hes not.

I mean if he was your thread might make sense.. but hell he doesn't have to even be muslim just from one war torn country.. oh wait he isn't so your thread is made up bull crap yep..

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
There is a world of difference between unintentional collateral damage in a war and an extremist intentionaly targeting civilians. That said, I dont support lybia campaign, either, but this murderer seems to have other motives.
edit on 23/7/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Helious

The lucky thing and at the same time, the problem for Americans, is that they have NOT seen WAR on US soil in many years..

They tend to see it as a news article rather than real..

If a true war ever came to America then I think their beliefs in war would change..

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
The media will spin this to make it seem like the shooter was a madman...
In my opinion he was a planted sacrafice...
Nothing happens by accident everything is planned out maticulously.
That being said NATO have everything to gain by this event in terms of new security measures and policies being introduced..more fear for the masses.. more distraction from real world events as the OP states...
If anyone buys into this propaganda i feel sorry for you..

We are most certainly at war and not just in the physicial sense..we are being attacked, physically, mentally and spiritually on a constant basis... wake up and smell the coffee folks..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join