It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your top 25 Video Games of all time

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by babloyi
reply to post by curious7

Originally posted by curious7
In no particular order:

1. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
2. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
3. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
4. Legend of Zelda; A Link to the Past

Well, that explains your avatar

lol

Yeah that's true, got the tattoo to help me through a difficult medical time too, especially the Courage section of it

Love the series though, one of the few sets of games to make me laugh, shout in frustration and cry (most games usually bring out the first two emotions)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
1. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Mario Kart
4. Socom 2
5. Metal Gear Solid 2
6. Twisted Metal 2
7. GTA series
8. Unreal Tournament
9. Micro Machines
10. Commander Keen
11. Doom
12. Kingdom Hearts
13. Metal Gear Solid 3
14. Wolfenstein
15. Tekken
16. That Bikermice from Mars race game
17. Battletoads
18. Crash Bandicoot
19. Worms
20. Stunts
21. Rollercoaster Tycoon
22. Earthworm Jim
23. Crystball on my Super Vision oh yeah Im from the oldskoool
24. Pokemon series
25. Donkey Kong that awesome one

Forgot of course Tomb Raider, Legend of Zelfda, Mortal Kombat, Quake and what not
edit on 16/8/11 by SergeantTrammelant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I also remember that I loved the hell out of Dune II: The Battle for Arrakis in the mid 90s. The only game of that genre I ever enjoyed.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
...does BubbleTown count?... how about BookWorm?...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I much prefer "retro" games - for some reason I just cannot get into these Call of Duty type games, don't enjoy them one bit.
My fave games - in no order whatsoever - are:
Street Fighter 2
Outrun
Super Hang On
Revenge of Shinobi
Worms
Colin McRae Rally
Super Ghouls N Ghosts
Fifa 2011
Pro-Evo 5
Championship Manager 2008-9
Chuckie Egg
Sphinx Adventure
Double Dragon
Gauntlet 2
Street Racer
Super Mario World
Knockout Kings
Athens 2004
Gran Turismo

Thats not even 25 but those are the ones that came to mind...
For me the new games are just too complicated (so many different buttons you can press for so many different moves) and just so much happening on screen I lose interest.
The enjoyment I get is playing these older games - where you can pick up the controller,
controls are "run" "shoot" "jump" etc - and just play the game for 10 minutes - then switch it off and get on with your life.
edit on 17-8-2011 by facchino because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm not sure I could come up with 25...

Some I loved though..

World of Warcraft
EverQuest
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Goldeneye 64
Mario 64
Mario Cart 64
Donkey Kong 64
River Raid (Atari 2600)
Star Wars: X Wing vs. TIE Fighter (PC)
Lego Star Wars
Lego Harry Potter
Thief: Dark Project (PC)
Pitfall (Atari 2600)
Galaga (old Arcade)
Pac Man (a classic)
Tetris (again, a classic)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Mines would have to be (in no particular order or year)...

Deus Ex
Rome Total War
Medieval Total War 2
Command and Conquer Red Alert
Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars
Mass Effect
Mass Effect 2
Grand Theft Auto (Original)
Grand Theft Auto 3
GTA Vice City
GTA 4
Broken Sword
The Longest Journey
Oblivion The Elder Scrolls
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic 2
Jade Empire
Broken Sword
Mafia
Matrix Path of Neo
Blade Runner
The Curse of Monkey Island
Metal Gear Solid
Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of Liberty

I could probably give you a list of over 100 to be honest. If you wanted to go back in time a bit I could make the list far longer

I am really looking forward to Deus Ex 3 most at the moment, I think it will be a step forward for gaming.

edit on 18-8-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Originally posted by mileysubet

What do you most dread to hear over voice?

Mine is: "U mad Bro?"
not sure why, but that just drives me nuts.

I just love when 12 year olds have massive arguments on xbox live

I have noticed that the most popular come back for a 12 year old is : "well you're....you're gay"

good times

You will probably like this...

Ive heard a lot of wind-ups online but never one like this

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I'll try my best to narrow mine down, but I've been playing video games since the Amiga computer and old video arcades. I also worked one gig as an Xbox artist/developer so I have a particular bias. My favorite games need to be creative and look gorgeous, but I'm too lazy and preoccupied to try every new game. I love sim games that aren't too depressing and teach me dynamics. I like games that take a creative thinking man's approach to mythology and legends, or games really good with puzzles that mix in physics. Above all I like god simulation games, and those that explore the line between light and dark.

1) Black and White: be a good god or a bad god, train your creature to refelect this as well as build defenses and manage resources

2) Sim City: Add all the add-ons and this game is advanced civil engireering class with cool music

3) Dungeon Keeper: This game is too clever for most, and way ahead of it's time. You manage and train your dungeon of monsters, resources, and learn spells and traps. Great puzzles and overall game feel. Remake this game to look better and you have a hit.

4) Populous: One of the first great resource managing and colonizing games.

5) Diablo: Dark and great multiplayer dynamics, great weaponry and armor customization. Nice level randomizer for repeat gameplay.

6) Fallout 3 and New Vegas: Great dark apocalyptic look and feel, Very ironic faction qualities that seem to mimic messed up US situation. Very realistic atmospheric effects and environment.

7) Warcraft (not WoW) This first game set the standards for many others to come.

8) The Oblivion series (esp Skyrim): Beautiful and sometimes very dark and starkly realistic environments. Tons of thought put into alchemy and potions and weapon repair/enchantments. Most games with they were this cool.

9) Civilization: Oldie but a major goodie. Best approach to implementing the concept of evolution into a resource managing game.

10) Hired Guns: VERY obscure old Amiga game that was ornate puzzles with up to 4 players, but had a post apocalyptic scenario with cyborbs and robots and trained henchmen. Would make a great remake.

11) Settlers: Took the resource managing concept to a nice happy level

12) Paperboy: Basic as a game gets and still be fun. Avoid cars, kids, dogs and deliver papers fast, a no brainer.

13) Disc Tron: Serious skill game, was as close to pinball/pool meeting the digital age.

14) Galaga: Blowing up stuff took on a whole new meaning

15) Asteroids: Basic physics are fun, and this game led the way for all others

16) Lemmings: Compassion meets cool puzzle skills and cuteness.

17) Worms: Great multiplayer violent but clever and way cute game.

18) Pirates: Learn about pirate history and conquer at the same time learn basic sailing skills

19) Need for Speed series: Has some of the easiest to learn and use gameplay with some of the coolest and most rewarding effects and graphics, adds in mediocre cars and running from cops and realistic damage.

20) Call of Duty series: Why go to war? Just play a realistic simulation instead.

21) GTA series: I like its approach to an interactive world, just dont let kids near it.

22) Street Fighter: The first fantasy fighting game.

23) Mortal Combat: violence gets a whole new look

24) Age of Empires series: resource management gets a history lesson and a new look

25) Chaos Engine: Very old and obscure Amiga game. Sort of like Diablo but faster paced, better techno soundtrack, and an extraordinary league of gentlemen feel. This game would benefit from a remake.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join