It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody in the Chicagoland go outside and look up! The sky is literally flickering

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

The weather in the Pacific Northwest is completely normal, and if anything it has been cloudy and cold when it should have been sunny. Today may actually be sunny and warm, which would be a nice change, but nothing is different up here.

However, this does not mean I think the weather is normal, just that it is not hot everywhere in the U.S. The Midwest and the East Coast seem to have lots of weather events, but the West Coast weather is just like it always was. Also, I do think that the storms we are seeing have much more energy, and maybe this is the reason for the lightning, I would like to see that, as we do not have lighting here, at least not very often.

edit on 23-7-2011 by PacificBlue because: add txt

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Yes, my husband is watching the baseball game just told me about it.

creepy

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The sky has been lighting up in Chicago quite often this Summer, sometimes with or without rain. Lived here most of my life and this is the first time I have noticed it. Or, it could be I am just paying closer attention.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by blahandblahandyadayada2

Thought that was just me, when you're paying attention you notice things

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Few people know it, but the Sun like as all stars FLICKER on and off several times a second. Similar like as to neon lighting. Anyone doubting the existence of this flicker should simply take a pair of binoculars and go outside on a clear night. As you hold the binoculars in your hand obviously the bright star your looking at is going to jiggle about in the field of view. As it does so you will notice that the stars actually flicker on and off several times per second. This phenomenon is not the same as the twinkle caused by atmospheric distortion. This flicker is usually ignored by the brain. Thus the reason why at the cinema we do not see the flicker of frames coming and going. Scientists were obviously astonished to observe this flicker since it is hard for them to understand it. However, I see it as further proof that stars and planets are hollow. If stars are hollow then what is it that is illuminating the gas that makes up the star ? The hollow shell of the stars and planets are modulated by Cosmic Ray energy which by induction also known as harmonic resonance impedance causes the star or planet to resonate at a particular frequency unique to each object. Planets usually emit in the radio spectrum. In the case of stars obviously the resonance frequency is in the light spectrum. Quasar objects through out the infinity of the universe emit the extremely high energy Cosmic Ray frequencies which by induction are then resonating all the stars and planets, there by giving rise to gravity and magnetisms. The flicker is only to be expected, but since the brain usually ignores it thus few even speculate that it is there. If you are seeing the flicker of the Sun then your brain is observing something that it usually would ignor. I presume that your experience was only temporary ? Everything in existence is a vibration upon a vibration upon a vibration ad infinitum. All in accordance with zeno's paradox. This is called STEADY STATE COSMOLOGY which is the true interpretation of all the evidences. www.plasmacosmology.net...

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 23/7/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
100% sure it's lightening. I was driving through it and it was blinding me. Bad, bad storm - I haven't every seen lightening like this last so long. Usually when it's this bad it passes pretty quickly this has lingered over the western burbs for hours.

It had to break some type of records - I'll check in the morning.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Is it heat lightning or what ?

Yes.

Check out the comments:

"The same exact thing is happening to me right now in northwest Indiana it's pretty sweet

MrGreengoggles 3 hours ago "

We are getting alot of heat lightning around here too in MN.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
For about 2 hours in the middle of the day and it did it more at night. Lit up the whole sky with lighning bolts all over the place. A really weird exsperience. During some periods, you could say that the sky was litterally lit by TESLA.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Here we go again
the sky is opening up again. I like actually I find server weather quite fascinating. I went out in the massive snow storm we had last winter and it was amazing. Almost like being in Antarctica.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Wow looks like cloud to cloud lightning very cool! This is not very common and its not really normal either. It does look cool however)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Please quick, go inside and look in the mirror, what do you see? Stupidest thread ever.
edit: well sorry for being harsh, but wake up.
edit on 24-7-2011 by killerkyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM

Few people know it, but the Sun like as all stars FLICKER on and off several times a second.

Do you any proof of this, or is this just something you think?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join