It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody in the Chicagoland go outside and look up! The sky is literally flickering

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The sky is literally flickering, I have never seen anything like it. What is going on ? I do not have a Camera so I cannot go film is the New Madrid ready to go off ? Earthquake lights ? What is this please ? Go look! Is it heat lightning or what ?
edit on 23-7-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
Is it heat lightning or what ?

Yes.

Check out the comments:

"The same exact thing is happening to me right now in northwest Indiana it's pretty sweet

MrGreengoggles 3 hours ago "

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Are you sure ? People have said this has been going on for hours! I didn't think it could last that long, don't shill me man. Seriously like this ? What is going on ?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
yeah I can see it in joliet. bad storm coming. when you have a dry heat like this the thunderstorms get pretty electrical.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Have you taken a look at the radar? There are thunderstorms all over northern Illinois. The "flickering" is lots of lightning.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

I have lived in Florida my entire life and heat lightning is completely normal here. It is usually not accompanied by thunder but occasionally it is, sometimes there can be a lot of lightning bolts visible across the sky and other times it can just be off in the distance just lighting up every so many seconds. Either way it is usually a nice light show.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Jesus, I need to get off GLP before I run off down the street screaming "Earthquake!"

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
you sure you dont have a camera? dont you have a laptop with webcam or a webcam in your pc, or your phone cant take pictures? or if you're with another person, maybe that person has a cellphone with cam.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Don;t want to sound alarmist but my hunches are normally on the mark....the USA is about to experience something major connected to nature.
All the signs are there, God bless , espescially to Kentucky

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
If you live in Chicago or Indiana, the sky is flickering and if you read the other posters; you'll see i"m not lying.
I am not high.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Holy crap that is worse than night bombing in a war zone. I have never seen it that bad.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by eightonefive
yeah I can see it in joliet. bad storm coming. when you have a dry heat like this the thunderstorms get pretty electrical.

Weather for Joliet, IL 81°F | °C Scattered Thunderstorms Partly Cloudy Wind: S at 7 mph Humidity: 82%

That is moist heat. Moisture in the atmosphere + heat generates energy. You guys are right on the border of the front that is creating the 'heat bubble'. That is where the most energy is.

Be careful- I know someone to the east of you who lost a lot of electronics in a lightning storm the other day. They said they never, in 70 years, had seen lightning like that.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:35 AM
link   
www.nbcphiladelphia.com...

A 62-year-old Delaware County man was found dead Tuesday as an electrical storm moved through the area.

David Toy's death was the result of a combination of a heart attack brought on by hypertension and possible lightning.

It's everywhere now though:

Lightning storms start six brush fires in Brevard ‎ Florida Today - Andrew Knapp - 5 hours ago Lightning storms sparked at least six brush fires countywide Friday afternoon, despite above-average rainfall in the past month. ...

► Summer storms set off high rate of lightning calls ‎ Naples Daily News - Victoria Macchi - Aaron Hale - 7 hours ago Thunder rolled through Collier and Lee counties accompanied by an above average number of lightning strikes. This is a view of Friday afternoon's storm, ...

Chicago Tribune - 2 hours ago His wife was awake because of the storms and smelled smoke immediately after lightning struck. "It was like a little blowtorch, blowing on my floor joists," ...

Storm Damage In Youngstown; Roof Blown Off Church ‎ WKBN/WYFX-TV - 3 hours ago said Royale Elkins, who witnessed the storm hit the church.

Across town on the East side, on Himrod, near Oak Street, lightning struck a huge tree causing a ... Thousands of Iowa homes at fire risk from gas tubing ‎

DesMoinesRegister.com - Sara Sleyster - 21 hours ago His wife was awake because of the storms and smelled smoke immediately after lightning struck. She got the couple's two children out of the house while ...

Ex-councilman's house struck by lightning ‎ Toledo Blade - Zoe Gorman - 1 hour ago The storms that made their way across northwest Ohio Friday afternoon caused fallen trees, power outages, and spectacular lightning similar to what hit Mr. ...

From a search on 'Lightning' on Goog News

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Wow, First I hope everyone simply enjoys such a wonderful storm of real true natural power. I am 65 now, live in the UK, but have never seen a storm as fantastic as that just seen via your video. Thank's a billion, and have a nice weekend plus - all of you

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
i remember when i was 12, i was at my grandmas in iowa, and i was on the porch and the lightning looked like spiderwebs that would seam to stay around longer than normal lightning. however that was along time ago and its kinda fuzzy.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   
threads like this make me feel sorry for people whom ask these questions. its obvious they've missed out on some good light shows in there life. one of my earliest memories with the grandparents was sitting on the porch watching heat lightning. good times.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I have heard from friends on another forum that the weather in Chicago has been insanely hot this summer.. Here in East Texas it has been daily highs of 100F or higher for the last 21 days... I seem to remember that Al Gore explained the kinds of changes in weather we are now seeing... I also remember warnings of climate and natural disasters in mainstream publications back in 2009 or possibly earlier.... An hour or two outside anytime between 11:00 AM and 7:30 PM is about all I and people much younger than myself can handle.. I have seen longer and hotter periods but old age is making it much harder to deal with... The temperature heat index was 122F degrees in Washington DC yesterday.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by hypervigilant

Yes sudden spikes in heat can do damage on more thaan one level on this Earth.
Just lets all be cautious, as said before.
If I was in the USA now I would find strong shelter, but hopefully all will be Ok.
You have to go on your gut, your spirit , it may be wrong but not often.
Big storm coming perhaps.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
It was substantial show IMO, one that has kept me up a bit later than usual. There is a thread started about a radar 'anomaly' here abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread731643/pg1

Someone told me earlier we should expect more tomorrow and possibly hail...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join