It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressional Democrats question Obama's loyalty; Sanders wants primary challenge

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

President Obama has proven himself to be another segment of the DC establishment. He had NO issue extending the patriot act, made no hesitation about attacking Libya, continues this phony drug war against Marijuana. I certainly won't be supporting him any longer and if Bernie Sanders runs, I certainly be putting my vote behind him. Kucinich? If he runs, even better, Ill actually have choices.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Great post hawkiye, i see that we think alike on the subject.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by CynicalWabbit

2. fair pay (employee salaries are running behind inflation currently)

Again not the governments job. Forced wage rates kill jobs and force businesses to lay off people and not hire people because they cannot afford to operate with as many employees at forced rates. Again they need to get the hell out of the way.

If not for the minimum wage a number of people working low paying jobs would be paid even less. Even with the minimum wage, there are a number of jobs that an employer can be exempt from paying minimum wage, which again, is very low to begin with. Minimum wage should definitely be raised again, it's lagging way behind inflation.

The ironic thing about fair pay and small businesses is if a person is being paid such a low amount they have less disposable income, which in turn hurts small businesses.

Retail businesses and construction companies (among other companies) that began after 1990 and have gross annual sales that are less than 500K don't even have to abide by the minimum wage law.

I know it's easy to hate the government, and sometimes for good reason, but to put all the power of how much workers should be paid into the employers hands is totally irresponsible to the employee. Especially when it's been shown time and again that greed rules over all else with most companies. At least large companies.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Source

Because of the extent to which the President had allowed the Republicans to set the terms of the debate, the attitude of numerous congressional Democrats toward him became increasingly sour, even disrespectful. After Obama introduced popular entitlement programs into the budget fight, a Democratic senator described the attitude of a number of his colleagues as:

Resigned disgust at the White House: there they go again. “Mr. Halfway” keeps getting maneuvered around as Republicans move the goalposts on him.According to a report in The Hill newspaper in late June, the tough-minded, experienced, and blunt Democratic Representative Henry Waxman of California told Obama in a White House meeting that he’d asked several Republicans about their meeting with him the day before, and, “To a person, they said the President’s going to cave.” Then the congressman said to the President of the United States, “And if you’re going to cave, tell us right now.” The President was reported to have been displeased, and responded, “I’m the President of the United States; my words carry weight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join