It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loch Ness Monster? Or a stick...? After a 45-year hunt, walker claims to have photographed elusive c

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Loch Ness Monster? Or a stick...? After a 45-year hunt, walker claims to have photographed elusive creature

Picture taken after Mr. Jobes and wife spotted a head bobbing in the water 200/300 yards from the Loch Ness shore, Fort Augustus, Scotland.

At first glance it looks like another dark ripple on the water.

But study the photograph more closely and a dark hump and tail can be seen poking through the water's surface, or so a life-long hunter of the Loch Ness monster hunter claims.

William Jobes, 62, believes that he may have at last captured the elusive creature on camera after 45 years of trying.
Source

Another reveling of a possible Loch Ness Monster.
I wouldn't call it a stick...as the article title questions, it looks more formed, possible back ridges, more.

The article also mentions the possible whale carcass that's being questioned as a Loch Ness-like Monster, also from earlier the Alaska monster "Cadborosaurus "...

edit on 22-7-2011 by dreamingawake because: source 2nd link

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
At first glance, it looks like a fake to me. It looks like he took a chunk out of the water in paint.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
This doesn't seem authentic... If there was a video it would be much more helpful.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I've said it before, but I really hope there are unknown creatures living in these lochs & lakes.

I do, however recall a documentary a while back that scanned the whole of loch ness with sophisticated radar equipment. They found nothing at all.

news.bbc.co.uk...

That documentary made me sad...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TRiPWiRE

I remember seeing that too. I also like to think of undiscovered creatures roaming lakes. Maybe Nessie is just good at hide and seek...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Yeah, too bad there's no video. Guess he didn't have a video recording format for his camera. Personally I would have brought more than just a camera on a hunt. Especially after 45 years of searching, time to update

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Thanks for creating this thread.

It doesnt look natural to me on first view. Kind of looks like an image was just placed on top of another one. Not saying that is the case, it just kind of looks like that to me.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

How great would it be to have just one clear picture or video that provides incontestible proof. Ir would open the door to a whole new way of thinking for all the cynics who can't accept anything beyond the scientific realm. With each new discovery of a never-before-seen life form, I keep hoping...

Hopefully in our lifetimes but, unfortunately, I don't think that this is that time. Thanks for posting through.

Timidgal

link   
Can somebody tell me if I am reading this right?

Here is a snipit I took from the article.

Quickly grasping his camera, Mr Jobes from Irvine in Ayrshire, managed to take a single picture before the 'head' disappeared under the surface.

However, to his delight a dark, hump-like shape broke the waves and he was able to take more photographs of the apparent sighting on May 24 at just after 11.10am.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-201764 9/Loch-Ness-Monster-stick-Walker-claims-photographed-creature.html

Did you see that? Let me show you again.

Quickly grasping his camera, Mr Jobes from Irvine in Ayrshire, managed to take a single picture before the 'head' disappeared under the surface.

So, I have a question............

If he took a head shot of this thing.................

Why are we left with a crappy picture of it"s "back"? I see he took the back pictures after the head picture.

I mean lets face it here, He is hiding something. That is it? Where is the head photo? Did I totally miss this in the article?

Can someone help me make sense of this? This smells fishy to me.

edit on 22-7-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

link   
Actually...

In that news article he is pictured holding what appears to be a good quality Canon digital SLR. Very similar to the Nikon I have.

Based on that I would have expected a much clearer, higher resolution shot that what he's provided. Unless of course he doesn't take photos in RAW format, rather compressed JPEG?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

Yeah that's true! I mean is seems a bit unusual to take a camera with no video options out looking for evidence...Maybe because photos are easier to fake than film? Hmmm....

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
If that is Loch Ness, it's interesting. Because it's not a Pike, and it's not an Eel, both of which can grow up to 6-8 feet long with no natural predators in that Loch. I saw something similar recently in Loch Lomond (on ats) which to me looked very much like a crocodile, which is plausible, Scottish people tend to dump unwanted reptiles and amphibians near fresh water (we're nice that way) But how it survived the recent 5 months of temperatures as low as minus 20 degrees I'll never know.

Oh yeah and I'm discounting travelling circus Elephants, because I'm pretty sure they're illegal these days

edit on 22-7-2011 by Ramcheck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ramcheck

I highly doubt that a crocodile could survive temperatures anywhere near that.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I put it in Photoshop, adjusting the brightness and contrast:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It surely needs to be some kind of whale looking at the back and tail. It wouldn't surprise me if it was put it that way, there are ways into the loch it's not completely closed off, from the north anything can come swimming up from the North sea into it. Possibly a Pilot Whale given their recent problems.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by liejunkie01

Seen that but also, still found no picture of it's head as he claimed was first taken. Odd!

reply to post by timidgal

Thanks for the cam info. Compressed picture, maybe darker than the original, but dunno why.

Doesn't seem likely a Pilot whale but I do agree could be anything. Thanks for the map.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamingawake
reply to post by liejunkie01

Seen that but also, still found no picture of it's head as he claimed was first taken. Odd!

reply to post by timidgal

Thanks for the cam info. Compressed picture, maybe darker than the original, but dunno why.

Doesn't seem likely a Pilot whale but I do agree could be anything. Thanks for the map.

I know it's a weird one, there are whales I'm thinking of with backs like that one, which I really want to discount, because how or why they would up in the North of Scotland is just mind boggling.. So I'll just bite my tongue until.. whenever

edit on 23-7-2011 by Ramcheck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Kudos for the map. I believe a lake "monster" is possible in many locales, but isn't
Loch Ness devoid of the aquatic food chain to support such large creatures?
Also, seeing that pic brought back memories of growing up in Missouri & fishing in
rivers & seeing tree trunks riding the currents, similar to that photo.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
So many flaws in the story and picture, not even going to start. It seems plausible but just not within the fine line of proof that has been established upon this topic.
edit on 23-7-2011 by h1satsu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Whats brown and sticky?

A stick.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join