It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Honda closest to Earth during Sun, Mercury, Venus and Earth alignment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Was looking into comet Honda and noticed it will be closest to Earth around mid August.

The comet will make a close approach of only 0.0600 AU (8,980,000 km; 5,580,000 mi) from the Earth on August 15, 2011

Wiki

Many feel that this will have an effect on the Earth. Many also believe that planetary alignments also have an effect, so I'd thought I'd bring this to your attention.

During this time, the three closest planets to the Sun will be in alignment with each other.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6cef8dcb3196.jpg[/atsimg]

Feel free to look into this and share your thoughts. Could we expect an increase in earthquakes and volcanic activity during this time? Many believe that Elenin aligning with the Sun and Earth contributed to large earthquakes and if this is true, this could have a huge effect on the Earth.

Looking forward to the input of members who study this.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Should be pretty to watch

Look forward to it.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Good digging.
How come this is the first we are hearing of the comet Honda?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
Good digging.
How come this is the first we are hearing of the comet Honda?

There have been a few threads on this.

There is another comet out there. It's name is Honda. It is expected to cross paths with Earth around 08/21/11,much closer then Elenin. But here is the kicker, it will cross paths with Elenin around 09/17/11 before Elenin comes close to us,possibly causing Elenin to slowly to break apart before crossing Earth's path around 10/18/11 Just a theory, Check out this website, elenin.org...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
The thing is with these comets,the mass of them is so small
I can not see them having any effect of the Earth.
But something to keep an eye on.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Am I supposed to care ? All of it is starting to sound like the little boy who cried wolf

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
This is a view from roughly the orbit of Mars just to show the alignment more clearly.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2fa919a1871e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Comet Honda, hmmm? I think it will 'drift' around earth quite easily

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Here's a (somewhat clearer) image of the planetary "alignment" on August 15:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/774314d89afa.png[/atsimg]

At this time (at perigee), Comet Honda will be directly below the Earth at a distance of 23.4 lunar distances (0.06011951 AU; 8,993,750 km; 5,588,460 miles).

Needless to say, I don't think Honda and/or the alignment will directly result in any earthquakes, or whatever else such events are supposedly linked to. It is a rather fancy occurrence, though.
edit on 22-7-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I did come across this,a warning
on the unpredictability of comets orbits due to
the out gassing ,just like rocket-like force
causing it to change direction.

Warning: If you intend to use cometary orbital elements in a two-body propagation to compute future/past position (ephemerides), your results will be inaccurate and in some cases, completely incorrect. The motion of comets is affected by their so-called non-gravitational forces (the rocket-like force from outgassing of material from the comet while close to the sun). Thus, it is especially important to use HORIZONS to compute comet ephemerides.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
To get a look at the shooting gallery we are in,
check this link out

www.minorplanetcenter.net...

Earth is the third blue x out.
Scary!

edit on 23-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
If there is no major earthquake on the 15/16/17th (7+ or so) it would be fair to assume that planetary alignments don't have much effect as far as earthquakes go. The four bodies closest to each other in the solar system in alignment plus a comet near us should have a noticable affect if it does.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Can somebody please explain how something so small can have a massive effect on the earth? If it is the case that these comets that are small in mass and quite a distance away can have this effect, how come jupiter hasn't ripped us apart by now?

Has anyone got any scientific proof how this is affecting us?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by cjdust

No, there's no explanation for how something so small could be causing earthquakes. The "theory" that they do is actually one of the most ignorant ideas to be presented as of late. It's enough of a stretch to suggest that planetary alignments cause earthquakes... it's an outright denial of reality to suggest that comets and asteroids do the same.
edit on 23-7-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
To get a look at the shooting gallery we are in,
check this link out

www.minorplanetcenter.net...

Earth is the third blue x out.
Scary!

edit on 23-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

I was under the impression that Mars and Venus had retrograde (opposite direction) orbits .. yet here they seem to be Plain-Jane vanilla orbits .. how can this be accurate?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

Venus has a retrograde rotation.
All of the planets orbit in the same direction.

new topics

top topics

join