It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I can't see posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Well... I can see posts, but there are 2 or 3 members i cannot see posts from. The only one I remember is Crossofcrimson. He posted in one of my topics and even opened a topic himself, but I cannot see any of his posts... Is this a problem that any of you other guys are having?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Have you used ignore on those members? just a thought.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
They are on global Ignore.....................

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Global Ignore????

What's Global Ignore, and what kind of a d0u@he bag do you have to be to be globally ignored?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
What is Globel Ignore?

Why not just ban them?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
The member in question is currently on 'Global Ignore'.

What is Global Ignore?
Well...basically its when a Staff Member may have some concerns about a post/s/actions or otherwise with a ATS Member, and so rather than ban them completely, Staff are provided with a number of alternatives...such as Post Banning - which, as you can guess temporarily shuts down the members ability to post anything on the Forums, and Global Ignore, which effectively renders that persons posts temporarily 'invisible'.

Both Post Banning and Global Ignore can of course be 'reversed'.

Why Would Global Ignore be Used?
Its a lot less hassle in the long-run than an outright banning. And often any 'infractions' can easily be explained as being perhaps an unfamiliarity with, say, ATS's 'Terms and Conditions', or perhaps that member may have had a bad day and so just snapped a bit so to speak etc...so a Global or a Post Ban may be instituted to allow Staff to follow up any concerns with that Member and hopefully sort them out amiccably.

Any other questions on this - or if you would like further explanation - please feel free to u2u me and I'll try to provide you with an answer ASAP. But for now, I'm locking this thread, as these tend to deteriorate into pits of negativity...

Peace,
ALIEN

top topics

join