It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We need to ask Obama, Boehner and Cantor to resign

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
In light of their unwillingness to resolve this debt crisis and cooperate with each other, I believe that all three have displayed a lack of necessary skill needed to uphold their positions.

I understand that most of it is stubbornness and showboating but it is leaving a very bad taste in the mouth, not only with us Americans but around the world. The events of the past couple of weeks have left a stain on the USA in the world's eyes and even if this is resolved at the last minute the damage done is irreparable.

For those who are more knowledgeable in political matters and protocol: how would we ask the 3 politicians named to resign? And if they refused to - how is an impeachment initiated? Do we need to get a certain amount of signatures to start the proceedings? Please educate me if you know.

Khar

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I have a better idea, how about we demand all our elected officials to resign and demand an end to the party system. There's plenty of blame to go around.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
good idea.. maybe democrats and rebublicans should be removed

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Their opposing philosophies place them squarely on opposite sides of the issue. Boehners constituents feel he IS doing his job standing by his guns: Obama's supporters feel the same. for their "side"...hardly impeachable offenses.
(presidents are"impeached" by act of the senate I believe; Congressman are"recalled"by their constituents )

edit on 22-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
congress, suspend pay for congress. those incompetent nice guys would have been fired a long time ago if they worked anywhere else. no reason to blame a couple of guys when the whole freakin system is rubbish.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

Fasten your seat belt as it is only going to get worse.

Or maybe, unfasten it, open the door and jump?

The political scene has grown increasingly worse over the past decade and we are almost to the point where there will be no compromise on anything.

But on the bright side, maybe some of those stupid bills with there added pork will finally die on the floor.

I'm not a lawyer but I do know that a impeachment proceeding would take us into the 2012 election cycle and beyond.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Is this a joke?
2nd line

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Since it will never happen.

How about re thinking the way they finance their elections?
Or getting informed on which corporations is a contributors and to make sure they understand the economic impact of an informed population.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAPurMAMA
Is this a joke?
2nd line

Nope, not a joke... but nice to see your only opinion is copying posts from other threads.

Joke

Khar

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Hopefully anyone that didn't push for cutting military spending will be out of a job come next election. I think would cover at least the three mentioned in the OP, plus about 400 other people that are breathing my air.

/TOA

new topics

top topics

join