It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Modern Prophets and Philosophers talk so wierd?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Just curious. It's like, every thread I come across that has to do with a prediction, or promoting some

Doomsday, the author spaces everything out

And randomly starts a new line.

Then you will get a short paragraph about how the world is going to end, filled with unnecessarily expanded sentence structure and phrases that are ridiculously, organized and often make you re-read the same thing twice. And often make you re-read the same thing twice. Then they tend to Randomly capitalize words that aren't exactly important or even caps lock over some words that you wouldn't even PRONOUNCE louder than the OTHERS in real life, followed by a scatter of exclamation marks and misplaced 1's after having typed the most ridiculous run-on sentence the reader has ever read!!!!1!!1

In conclusion, they usually don't have much to say other than reinstating the thread title numerous times. Why do people in the forums, when they post a new prediction, thread use random commas and. Half finished sentences? Is it only me that notices they seem to talk like they CONTAIN the holy light or something? Why do modern prophets and philosophers talk so weird????/

Also, I am Jesus

(pic unrelated)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Ill tell you what,

we are all going to die

1000% PROOF!!...

Gimme yer money and

ill be a profit!

In seriousness though, nothing is forcing you to read predictions etc. If you do not like it, do not read it.

I hear you though and I see exactly the sort of things you speak about but it has been and will be going on for a long time until it is correct at some point.

edit on 22-7-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
It sounds to me like they are drunk. I got wasted a few nights ago and pretty much did exactly what your typing about. I posted something on World War 3 when I was down about a half bottle of Captain Morgan, and got a warning from doing so. I don't think I'm a prophet or anything, and really do not agree with what I typed, but the drunkenness would explain the bad typing. All in all I really gotta stop drinking and would tell that to all prophets and philosophers.
thanks jesus

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

In my best Yoda voice.

"Learn you will...hmmmm?"

"There is little time, much to do there is, yes."

Sorry, I had to go there.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Attention.... that's why. In my opinion, at least.

If someone talked normally, people would probably view them as normal. But "these" people don't want to be perceived as normal, they want to be perceived as special, they want followers, and want people to think "OMG this person is amazing!"

So, they speak (type) in a manner which differs from regular online conversation, to separate themselves from others, because they are simply attention seekers that wish to be SPECIAL.

Sad, really. I'd agree with what a previous poster said though, just ignore them, and hopefully they will go away.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Your post was actually quite funny. I am very familiar with those threads, and you nailed the format

At the end of the day, some people just go about certain things in a different way. Although i might find most of those threads amusing, it is actually quite amazing seeing how these people are so passionate in expressing their personal revelations.
To me, the points are sometimes incoherent, but I don't think they are necessarily untrue.

IMO, the people who are capable of 'opening someones eyes', aren't the ones who shout it to everyone from the roof-tops, but are rather the ones who leave a you with a point for you to ponder in your own time.
No matter the forum, the location, the time, they will always leave a shred of truth for you to judge against yourself.

And no, I'm not one of these 'eye openers' I have described. I am just someone who wanted to make sure that sometimes the message isn't lost because of perhaps our opinion of the messenger. There is always a lot to learn, no matter the medium.

Great thread

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Julio

You will find that life only shows differences, uniqueness, you will not even find two snow flakes the same.
This is the expression of oneness. Many,many different 'things' will be shown to you.
All 'things' that are seen are pointing you back to see who is seeing.
You are the one constant amongst the many differences.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Julio

Predictions and doomsday scenarios are not what prophets and philosophisers talk about.
These subjects are more for conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Your post in quite funny. I always knew Jesus had a sense of humor!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Julio

the parable of the dog and it's keepers:

there was a dog that had ticks and fleas and was quite sick.

the vet prescribed a blood transfusion.

but the dog was still getting sicker.

the vet prescribed more transfusions.

the dog was the economy, the transfusion were called bank bailouts.

what did Jesus do to help the dog?
did he heal him by getting rid of the parasites?

what of the bad vet?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Julio

If you knew, then you'd know.

Oh....and how can both you and me be Jesus?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Four thosand monkeys have often contemplated this ampidexterous trifle, in consequence, they have decided to provocativley hurl thier excrements upon the binding walls of our constricted, conflicted, and otherwise nonsensical and twisted conception of peanut butter and jelly time.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Prophets and philosophers talk in a language that is as clear as they can make it. If what is said is not understood it is because the listener is not competent in the subject at hand. If you were to talk about nuclear fusion the words used would not make sense to people who knew nothing in the field. I feel that they try very hard to comunicate what they want to express and understand that others might be confused so make it as simple as possible to avoid being misheard.

top topics

join