It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positive energy and prayers for my daughter please

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
My daughter is in a children's hospital diagnosed with spinal meningitis. Probably looking at a 5 to 10 day stay. She has been here 48 hrs now and not much better, yet.

Any prayers or positive energy sent her way would be much appreciated.

On a side note, I am not a hospital person at all, but I have been extremely impressed with the care she has gotten by the staff here. Kudos out to all "any town" children's hospitals.

peace

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dalemcfad

Done, and will continue. Take care.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I too will pray for you and your daughter. Good thoughts whether you are religious or not is very helpful and should be directed at people in need. A gift we have that we forgot how to give.

It must be very hard to be in your shoes knowing your little friend is hurting. You are everything to her.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Consider it done. She is in my thoughts & sending positive thoughts & well wishes her way!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Godspeed and all the prayers and blessings in the universe for your daughter and her health care workers. I hope all goes as well as possible for her and your family.

Blessings, positive thoughts and extreem prayer for you and them!

Hang in there and keep us posted. Health care workers are at ther highest and best when working with dire situation concerning children. Hopefully, no holds barred!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I wish your family the best in these trying times. I will pray for you and your daughter.I hope all goes well. Stay positive.God bless

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Done. I look forward to hearing about her speedy recovery.

Hang in there.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Prayers have been sent for your daughter. God bless.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I know how difficult this must be for you. Your daughter will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us up-dated on her progress.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Done,
Prays for her to Get well soon.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
In best hopes for her recovery. Sending some positive energy for her, you and family.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this ordeal. You, your daughter and the rest of your family are in my prayers. Stay strong. God will heal with love.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've been in your position - Very scary and you feel so helpless. Glad the hospital staff is competent and caring, that helps so much. Sending good wishes and prayers your way.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Thank you all for prayers, positive energy, and kind words. She has had a couple of rough nights and probably another tonight. They are having issues with keeping her oxygen levels up due to fluid build up on her lungs. Doing a plasma drip of sum sort(medical jargon I don't understand) to try and help the body or veins absorb the fluid more and move it through her body. If this doesn't work then will probably do a ct scan to check for blood clots. Very frustrating indeed. Emotions on a roller coaster, but she's a trooper and has handled it pretty well thus far.

Thank you all again

peace
edit on 22-7-2011 by dalemcfad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
sending my best wishes to your daughter and you. I know this situation really is terrible for you to go through. I really hate to pry or push, but it really helped my family to stay on top of the goings arounds in the hospital. I know you said they are good, but just to be safe, keep tabs on whats hooked up to her IV stand. hospitals try like heck to hide mrsa and c-diff.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I will keep your daughter in my thoughts and prayers, and you as well. I had a child in critical condition once and I know the fear and anxiety that brought to me, so i have an idea of what you must be going through. Stay strong and stay connected and surrounded with loved ones and family to pull you through this so you can help your daughter stay strong as well. Please keep us posted on her progress.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Just a quick update. Her condition hasn't changed really. All they can really do is keep her comfortable. They have determined its viral meningitis, which means it just has to run its course.

thanks again everyone

peace

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

As you may know, viral is a much better diagnosis than bacterial. I will continue with prayers and light for her healing.

On a side note, if there is anything you feel confused about her treatment, post it here and I will try to help you with it. I'm in nursing school and have tons of books and pharmacy books and procedure/skills guides that may shed light on anything you may feel confused about. But, the best thing to do is just ask ask ask questions for the staff there and if you aren't satisfied with the response you get, go higher in the chain of command there, but from what your original post said, you seem pretty happy with the treatment she is given. Childrens hospitals tend to attract exceptional medical staff.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

thank you justsaying. I do have one concern at the moment. I will try to describe it best I can.

For the past two days the doctor has kept telling us that if she starts to show signs of confusion or dissorientation to let him know. To me, the way he worded this, does not sound like a good thing. Now, today, for about the last 5 hours she has started showing signs of confusion. ie: doesn't know where shes at or thinks shes somewhere else and she completely zones out and stares off into space. She has not shown any of this before today. Always been alert and aware of what was going on around her when awake.

My concern is that when we alerted the doctors and staff to this they all said it was normal. I want to believe it is normal and will not lead to anything long-term. I just got mixed signals from the doctor or I misunderstood what he was trying to tell us.

Your thoughts?

peace

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I have encountered two people that have had meningitis, one was bacterial and one was viral. Both recovered completely with no complications. The patient that had the bacterial meningitis was a teenage girl, she was hospitalized for a month, and the patient with viral meningitis was a middle aged man with diabetes, who spent about 10 days in the hospital.

The clinical manifestations of either meningitis are:
restlessness, agitation, irritability, abdominal and back pain, nausea, vomiting, severe headaches, stiff neck, positive Brudzinski's sign which includes pain, resistance, hip and knee flexion when the neck is flexed towards the chest while lying in an upward facing position (supine), and Kernig's sign with includes pain and or resitance that occurs with flexion of the knee and hip and straightening of the knee while in the upright supine position, and also photophobia or sensitivity to light; chills and high fever, confusion and altered levels of consciousness, seizures, and signs and symptoms of Intra cranial pressure. Symptoms are worse with the bacterial infection. So yes, confusion is to be expected and a normal part of the infection.

The inflammation of the meningis, a 3 fold membrane that lines the brain and spinal cord, is what is causing her confusion. The virus is most likely peaking at this time and causing some swelling,which is causing her confusion. But this is the body's natural inflammatory reaction to the virus and is typically of short duration. She should have no problems recovering if she has no other complications.

Let me know if this information is sufficient. Seems like she is experiencing the worst of it now. Hang in there, it sounds like the medical team around her are doing a good job and expect her outcome to be full recovery. But nevertheless, keep us updated if anything changes or worsens. Much light and healing to your daughter and you and your family, you are in my thoughs.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join