It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Senate Stands with NRA in Strongly Opposing U.N Gun Control Efforts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillyBoBBizWorth
I wish we had the rights to bare arms where i live,but we dont.
Make sure you guys over there hang onto your gun rights,make sure they dont take it away from you.
Thats seems like exactly what your doing as well,keep it up.

Cheers

As an Aussie you don't have a right to bare arms,but you can get a license and own guns no problems,unless your a criminal or have mental problems,i legally own 3 guns

As for the OP what have US gun laws got to do with the worthless UN?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

You do know that over the last 23 years the NRA hasn't even been in the top 20 of lobbying groups, right?

Top Spenders

Guns aren't even in the top ten most lobbied issues.

Top Ten Issues By Number of Reports

The gun lobby spends about $5.77 million a year in DC. They spend less than the sugar cane and sugar beets lobby. They spend less than half of what the printing and publishing industry spends every year. The NRA spent about $2.6 million last year on lobbying. That is miniscule compared to the $22 million of the AARP. Compare it to the $132 million of the US Chamber of Comerece. The NRA isn't even close to being one of the biggest lobby groups. Get your facts straight.

How Much The Gun Lobby Spends

Printing and Publishing
edit on 23-7-2011 by MikeNice81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Travlla

The issue is that the UN keeps pushing an agenda to make it illegal for civilians to own guns without extreme amounts of hardship. Countries like Libya and Syria are sitting there saying "no civilian should have a gun, there is no need." Well we've seen in Libya that the citizens did need guns to overthrow their dictator.

Citizens around the world use weapons to fight against opression and genocide. For the UN to even think of restricting civillian ownership of guns is hienous. That shows that they fully support the power plays of dictators and despots. They would willingly sit by while countries like Lybia, Sudan, and Rwanda strip arms to ensure the repression and murder of millions. That isn't cool in my book.

Any organization that believes it has the power to over rule a countries constitution to install "international standards" is despotic. When a nation no longer holds it's own soveriegnty it is no longer a nation. It is a collection of slaves and servants. They are subjects to be beaten and abused at the whims of their master. America is slowly sliding that way. We don't need an international organization pushing us over the cliff.

I still don't understand an organization that says the Sudan has as much right as Canada to tell the world what is just and humane. How does China get to tell America what enviromental policy should be while ignoring it at the same time? Don't get me started on the rampant corruption.

The UN has proven to be nearly useless for anything beyond corruption, rape, and murder. The blame falls on all parties. I am not exempting America from the role it plays.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

The UN can pass whatever they want, however they wont be able to enforce it. Secondly it doesnt matter what they say is illegal since any law of that nature would be in conflict with the Constitution.

SCOTUS has already ruled back in the day that any international treaty signed becomes subordinate to the US Constitution, since its the Supreme law of the land. SCOTUS also clarified treaties by noting that foreign treeaties cannot grant authority to any branch of government that doesnt already ahve the authority.

This is not going anywhere, and by some fluke it does, I wont be enforcing it.

Maybe they should be more concerned with human rights abuses in North Korea... Nuclear proliferation, famine, disease, poverty....
edit on 23-7-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Want me to send you one? Everyone should have the right to bear arms. No one has to know

Thanks for the offer StratosFear, i appreciate it.

Unfortunately though,i think it will get me in more trouble than its worth by the authoritys and it probably wont even reach me,because of the authoritys.

I would probably end up in jail just for trying to get one from overseas...

Its a pity to,because i would of loved to take you up on that offer and/or pay you for one.

As an Aussie you don't have a right to bare arms,but you can get a license and own guns no problems,unless your a criminal or have mental problems,i legally own 3 guns As for the OP what have US gun laws got to do with the worthless UN?

Yer,your right Travlla,i realize this.
Well the title says "U.S. Senate Stands with NRA in Strongly Opposing U.N Gun Control Efforts"
Obviously the UN is trying to control the gun situation,so i stated they should make sure they look after their rights to bare arms.
Am i off topic or something?
If so,sorry about that,i didnt mean to,i thought it was relevant.
I do agree with you though,the UN and NATO are useless,has only caused problems.
Cheers
edit on 29-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join