It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pope's Last Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Just read about him making the pilgrimage to the Lourdes shrine. I think that's the last thing he wanted to do. Not much time left.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Did you see video of him while he was there? He was shaking so much and then he slumped over... it was awfully sad looking.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Cassie, my husband and I both made the same comments, when we saw that the Pope had gone to Lourdes. Not only does he look extremely frail and weak, but, since he drank the waters at Lourdes, it seems he was looking for a miracle.
I don't see how the poor man can go on much longer.
joey

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I don't think the Pope feels the need to go to a shrine for a miracle. If anything he was doing something for his soul, and for us if you can understand that.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Relentless, yes, what you say makes a lot of sense. Now that I look at it from your perspective, I think you are right. I do hate to see the poor man suffer, but I am sure he sees suffering as part of his role in life...if that makes sense.
joey

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey
but I am sure he sees suffering as part of his role in life...if that makes sense.
joey

Absolutely, he is (has been for years) setting an example for his charges, and I am sure you are right about how he views his sufferings. He is saving souls through it and that would be, I am sure, one of his final acts (though I hope there was another reason he went). But let's not forget pilgramages are an important tradition in the RCC and he has always done them.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I've only ever known this Pope, all old and frail. It'll be strange when he is replaced and there's this strapping young lad going around doing all the pope stuff.

I'll make a prediction.

The next pope will be Jewish and he'll be a bad guy, but not bad in the publics eyes.

Oh yeah, and he'll be good mates with the AC (anti-christ), when he comes along.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I may not be a supporter of his doctrine but it is still sad to see him so frail and ill. He will be remembered as a brave man who lived through some turbulent times and did not flinch from upholding the faith and teachings he so strongly believed in.

I hope when the end comes for him it is peaceful.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
This story finally popped up on ATSNN, looks like they are slower than BTS for the first time ever....

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by StationsCreation

I'll make a prediction.

The next pope will be Jewish and he'll be a bad guy, but not bad in the publics eyes.

Oh yeah, and he'll be good mates with the AC (anti-christ), when he comes along.

Sounds like Cardinal Lustiger to me. He was born Jewish and converted to Catholicism.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
According to Fr. Malachy, who has recorded all the Popes, there will only be two more after JP2.

posted on Aug, 16 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by lockheed
This story finally popped up on ATSNN, looks like they are slower than BTS for the first time ever....

Its only a matter of time before he goes, we can all see just how frail he looks.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
www.geocities.com...
Although I don't really believe in this guys ideas, it's one take on Cardinal Lutsinger being the next Pope.
I am hoping that the next Pope will be the Cardinal from Nigeria. Again, God only knows (literally).
joey

new topics

top topics

join