It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs: Embryos have been produced secretively for the past three

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
It is not hard to be cynical with this research, ultimately they will be creating a slave worker hybrid, creatures that will work 22 hrs or more a day and won't ask for a pay rise.

Perhaps to use on Mars ect.

I pity the souls in these experiments , leaving the in between life to be used as an experiment...cold heartless human thugs, dressed up as scientists.

Do unto others...these research facists leave the second part out of the equation.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Anyone who supports this type of grotesque science is sick.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
It is not hard to be cynical with this research, ultimately they will be creating a slave worker hybrid, creatures that will work 22 hrs or more a day and won't ask for a pay rise.

Perhaps to use on Mars ect..

I'm sure creating a hybrid army for Mars is the first thing on the mind of of Scientist researching stemcell applications...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb

I guess I am sick then.
I need some chimera noodle soup and a good nights sleep.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
After reading the Maximum Ride book series, I am kind of against this stuff.

On the other hand, I would like to see the outcome of the research.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I guess I am sick then.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Cool, but it would be better with pics

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

I guess I am sick then.

This type of research is evidence of a complete lack of ethics.

Do you know what ethics are?

They're those fundamental do's and don'ts that distinguish us from animals, a few simple rules that draw the line between what is right and what is wrong.

We ought not be barbarians. We've done that already.

The idea is to evolve, become more civilized, not to become less so.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Just a question and call me cynical -

but isn't this interesting given the planet of the apes movie due to be released ?

Having been very interested in films all my life I know that the PR companies look for stories that "tie-in" with the movies they would like to promote. This is a great story if your involved in pre-promo for Planet of the Apes and could easily have been planted?

I will add the number of viral You tube Videos that have done the rounds - and are attributed to viral marketing behind the movie.

Sorry to be cynical - but the timing and the source - and lets face it the UK media is under enough fire at the moment for its ethics and concept of truth.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Never seen the flick.

Is it any good? And it's ok to be a weirdo from time to time. It helps even things out.

I wouldn't say that it was good, but I'm looking at it in a different light since finding this thread, and that isn't good.
I read the thread title and the posts before reading the linked article, the title & your post basically summarize the plot. I'll just say it doesn't end well for anyone involved.

After reading the article, I see Planet of the Apes is mentioned, which had not immediately occurred to me. And if we're going to go there, we may as well mention 28 Days Later and Deep Blue Sea, and of course, the Island of Dr. Moreau. So for possible outcomes, we have super intelligent apes, sharks, and gender changing rapists/killers, the zombie apocalypse, and things that will make you crap yourself on sight. And some of you thought Elenin was bad

As you can tell, I'm a weirdo a little more often than time to time. But I have fun with it.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
i have mixed feelings, i know it is wrong and should not be done. so i am glad they destroy them after 14 days

however i keep thinking what it would be like, in a world full of mythical beasts, half man, half horse, a humaniod bull, a lion with wings, a snake with 3 heads, it would make life more interesting, it would be a real life rpg, we would have schools devoted to warriors, rouges and magi. being given errands to smite 10 minotaurs and collect their horns to make 10 stem-cell potions, or maybe i have played to many games.

it would proberbly just be cows with human ears that still moo and eat grass.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
i have mixed feelings, i know it is wrong and should not be done. so i am glad they destroy them after 14 days

however i keep thinking what it would be like, in a world full of mythical beasts, half man, half horse, a humaniod bull, a lion with wings, a snake with 3 heads, it would make life more interesting, it would be a real life rpg, we would have schools devoted to warriors, rouges and magi. being given errands to smite 10 minotaurs and collect their horns to make 10 stem-cell potions, or maybe i have played to many games.

What happens when the half man half horse, is on a heroin binge because his life is falling apart and he starts harassing people at the coffee shop for spare change?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Apparently these genetic experiments are taking place deep underground at a subterranean series of labs under RAF Peasemore. I can see no benefit from spending millions of pounds to splice together animal and human DNA! However, it makes you wonder about the reality behind the chupacabra sightings doesn't it?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

hehe, like i said it would make life more interesting

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LemmyKautionu
Apparently these genetic experiments are taking place deep underground at a subterranean series of labs under RAF Peasemore. I can see no benefit from spending millions of pounds to splice together animal and human DNA! However, it makes you wonder about the reality behind the chupacabra sightings doesn't it?

The South Americans have always claimed that it was the result of American genetic experiments that they conducted down there.

As for the OP... sounds like complete blasphemy. They do this so they can "discover new ways to treat disease"? Bullsh!t. If nothing else, this would only create new biological problems for us.

How can people NOT have a problem with this? Yeah, let's screw with nature some more. Let's start making new species up. Let's keep playing God, and then bitch and cry when our own creations destroy us, or nature itself takes one simple step and crushes us for our utter disrespect and irresponsibility.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I just read this article and wow! They went three years secretly before announcing this today? It was NPR Radio here in America Arizona earlier today so I am not sure if the story broke earlier or they were ahead of it but they never mentioned that human animal hybrids were already being tested.

Anyone have an answer for this? Thanks

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 2012srb

Hi there. I know what ethics are. In fact i spend a good deal of time here trying to teach them to the sociopaths that frequent this site.

Do you understand the science being done here? While the title makes a nice, sensational buzz - aided by people on the thread drawing positions from science fiction books - the fact of the matter is that this is really nothing at all special.

Do you know what happens when you put the DNA that builds a mouse's eye into a fruit fly? It grows an eye - a fruit fly eye. Not a mouse eye. It has a fragment of mouse DNA in there, but it's still a fruit fly. No ears, no tail, nothing like that.

This is because a cell is a cell. There are some chemical differences between various forms of life (and structural differences between Kingdom, of course) but if you patch human cells into a mouse blastocyst, you're not getting Ratman, you're getting a mouse who has a clump of cells with human DNA but that function as normal mouse cells.

Even if you take a sample of developmental cells, and transfewr them between embryos, you're going to get a result that is normal for the recipient; for instance, if you take the cells of a limb bud from a chicken embryi and graft it onto a giraffe embryo, you're not going to get a wing - it's going to make a leg just like a giraffe's. it responds to the chemistry and the DNA cues of hte nearby cells.

As for ethics, there's nothing more or less ethical about this research than there is qith smushing a cockroach - in fact smushing hte roach is, if anything less ethical, as it is an independent, living being.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by lifeform11

What happens when the half man half horse, is on a heroin binge because his life is falling apart and he starts harassing people at the coffee shop for spare change?

The cops reign him in as he stampedes towards the cash register?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

You can argue this point all you want, but if you argue that embryos are life, I'll argue that sperm is life, and we can keep going back further and further, at one point, I'm sure something that made my sperm was a protein from digested hay and barley... and before that, I suppose part of my sperm was a lump of carbon somewhere.

You have to draw a line somewhere, and brain activity is a good line to draw.

Wasting sperm is a sin.

Wasting beer is a sin.

I'm sure creating a hybrid army for Mars is the first thing on the mind of of Scientist researching stemcell applications...

It's funny cause it's true...

edit on 23-7-2011 by Jezus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

Wasting sperm is a sin. Wasting beer is a sin.

thats why i stopped drinking.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join