It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

150 human animal hybrids grown in UK labs: Embryos have been produced secretively for the past three

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I feel for whatever they create. A hybrid may not have the same instincts as the major DNA donor. I feel that nothing good can come from this.

Is the UK the new The Island of Doctor Moreau?

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Quote from the article:

This legalised the creation of a variety of hybrids, including an animal egg fertilised by a human sperm; ‘cybrids’, in which a human nucleus is implanted into an animal cell; and ‘chimeras’, in which human cells are mixed with animal embryos.

I do not know which definition of Chimeras is scarier:
Chimera (mythology)

The Chimera or Chimaera (play /kɪˈmɪərə/ or /kaɪ–/; Greek: Χίμαιρα, Khimaira, from χίμαρος, khimaros, "she-goat") was, according to Greek mythology, a monstrous fire-breathing female creature of Lycia in Asia Minor, composed of the parts of multiple animals: upon the body of a lioness with a tail that ended in a snake's head, the head of a goat arose on her back at the center of her spine. The Chimera was one of the offspring of Typhon and Echidna and a sibling of such monsters as Cerberus and the Lernaean Hydra. The term chimera has also come to describe any mythical animal with parts taken from various animals and, more generally, an impossible or foolish fantasy.

Chimera (genetics)

A chimera or chimaera is a single organism (usually an animal) that is composed of two or more different populations of genetically distinct cells that originated from different zygotes involved in sexual reproduction. If the different cells have emerged from the same zygote, the organism is called a mosaic. Chimeras are formed from four parent cells (two fertilized eggs or early embryos fused together). Each population of cells keeps its own character and the resulting organism is a mixture of tissues. Chimeras are typically seen in animals, but there are also some reports on human chimerism. Plant chimeras are discussed separately.

Mad Mad Scientist.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

A hybrid may not have the same instincts as the major DNA donor.

How would it, the embryos are destroyed after 14 days.....

Second.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
humans cross breeding with other animals the church would never stand for that but what if these cross bread animals human thingys wer raised by nazies then that would be bad i dot think things are naturaly evil or what ever evil they are just mad it likes me and not them

+39 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The fact that anyone would create a living being with the intention of terminating it is sick.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
shame they destroy them it be cool to see them born and what they look like

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsmith88
The fact that anyone would create a living being with the intention of terminating it is sick.

They created a living embryo. It takes a little incubation and some good satisfactory conditions for it to become a "being".

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by obzerver
humans cross breeding with other animals the church would never stand for that but what if these cross bread animals human thingys wer raised by nazies then that would be bad i dot think things are naturaly evil or what ever evil they are just mad it likes me and not them

Huh?
Church?
Nazi's?
What?

I think I get you but I really don't.
edit on 22-7-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by johnsmith88

They created a living embryo. It takes a little incubation and some good satisfactory conditions for it to become a "being".

You can argue this point all you want, but if you argue that embryos are life, I'll argue that sperm is life, and we can keep going back further and further, at one point, I'm sure something that made my sperm was a protein from digested hay and barley... and before that, I suppose part of my sperm was a lump of carbon somewhere.

You have to draw a line somewhere, and brain activity is a good line to draw.
edit on 22-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

+16 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I have a feeling that someone is curious and would hide a viable embryo for longer than that, just to see what happens. It's what scientists do.

Hypothesizes, research & observe.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Funny how if this were reported by a whistle blower on ATS he would flamed out of town but since
it is on the front page of the Drudge Report it is accepted.

We are a conditioned society.
Conditioned to believe that unless it is on a major news outlet, it is fantasy.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'm all for this research, but I wish they did have to destroy them after 14 days. Maybe they can splice in a something that would allow a human to hibernate for long periods of time, that would make it easier to travel to different planets.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Well here it goes. I'll be the first to say that I flat out support the research being done here. I think there's more good than damage to be done by delving deeper into all aspects of stem cell research. Just because something's alive doesn't make it human. We sacrifice pigs, chickens. and cows everyday without so much as a tombstone. An embryo that no one will miss might as well be doing some good for humanity. If it was your son, daughter, or mother dying of some incurable disease you wouldn't care where the cure came from would you. These so called "morals" and "ethics" we loving humans have conjured up are no more than cultural delusions we've contrived to appear superior to people who aren't afraid to go after things that they want.
edit on 22-7-2011 by the sloth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
THIS IS DEFFINATLY WEIRD.. DOESNT SURPRISE ME IM SURE THE U.S DOES THE SAME THING... PLUM ISLAND POSSIBLY

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by the sloth

You know as disgusted as I am by this you are right in a way. We sacrifice animals without a thought or care and in the most vile ways. Also these creatures are not human.

I submit the majority of people are mere animals. Few people have the heart soul and integrity to actually be human beings. Maybe 1 in 10, hmm now I know where the elites came up with eugenics.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

I have a feeling that someone is curious and would hide a viable embryo for longer than that, just to see what happens. It's what scientists do.

Wasn't that the main plot of Splice?
*shamefully wonders if I'm the only weirdo who watched that movie*

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This is as disgusting as Fallen angels mating with women and giving birth to the nephilim, then we had the great flood wipe them out. We really are living in the days of Noah, end times must be round the corner.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Don't go down that road.
You are opening every male (with playboy mag, a media induced illusion of what they should have, no wife because they won't commit to the risks/benifits of a potential familiy) being accused of being an intentional mass murderer.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by boncho

I would hope so!

reply to post by TiggersTheMan

Wasn't that the main plot of Splice? *shamefully wonders if I'm the only weirdo who watched that movie*

That movie was more of an atrocity than genetic engineering could be any day....

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TiggersTheMan

Never seen the flick.

Is it any good? And it's ok to be a weirdo from time to time. It helps even things out.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join