It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question from a new guy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Hey all, I'm not extremely knowledgeable in any of this, but I have always been curious and was wondering if anyone can help me out. Now you all very well may think this is stupid. Throughout my life I've experienced periods of insomnia every once in awhile. It usually lasts a couple weeks. The thing is, when they occur, I have very strange feelings when I'm trying to fall asleep. I can't explain fully, but I become very uneasy and sense that something is not right. I'm not sure if I am sensing some sort of being or if I'm just paranoid. But occasionally it gets pretty bad to the point where I am pretty spooked. And I'm 21, and definetly NOT afraid of the dark, haha. I was just wondering if anyone here had any idea what I'm experiencing. Thanks for the help.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Good day.

I think what you are suffering is purely medical. Insomnia is often accompanied with restlessness.

I suffered also from insomnia during certain periods of my life, as i suspect most people have.

I would advise against taking sleeping tablets, as the body grows dependendent on them and immune to them at the same time.

I think what you need is a routine that will insure that you are physically tired by night time. what i suggest is some physical activity after dinner, such as a twenty minutes walk.

I hope this helps

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hey New Guy Welcome.........Dont feel bad i still sleep with the lights on and im older than you!. Sometimes it is someone waiting to talk to you in a dream, kind of like waiting for a dial tone before you can talk to the person. why dont you just go with it and find out what it is if anything, it cant hurt you always keep that in mind .you have the power to control the outcome.
Parker

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Well the thing is, since I don't know what I'm dealing with (if anything), when it happens I completely shut my mind from it and do my best to think of something else.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Well the thing is, since I don't know what I'm dealing with (if anything), when it happens I completely shut my mind from it and do my best to think of something else.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
can i ask you something, is there some other stuff that goes on?

like do you hear voices at night, or think someone is breaking in to your house?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
The reason I posted today is because it happened last night. And yes, I did hear some unusual sounds coming from downstairs (I was the only one home). However, I feel like that could easily be the house settling, or just figments of my imagination. The only thing different about last night is that when i closed my eyes, I saw a figure (with my eyes closed) that seemed to rush at me. Again, perhaps just a figment of my imagination?

Another interesting note....when I was a kid, about 3 years old, our family lived in a house in which the old owner commited suicide in the garage. I was playing in the garage when all of a sudden I ran into the house screaming hysterically. I don't remember any of this...my mom told me about it years later. Always found that interesting.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
there are varying degrees of sleep paralysis awareness...you may not even get the paralysed feeling so much as the sense of foreboding, or hallucinate an ominous figure. I liken it to when a "movie turns bad" with the music and the scene goes darker and you "feel" something bad is going to happen..Is that what you mean?

The insomnia makes it happen, odd sleep patterns, and extreme tiredness. You are aware of your body being in a sleep state while your mind is aware...happens when you fall asleep and wake quickly and your mind isnt in sync with your body. This has been discussed to death on this forum because it mimics demon attacks and alien abduction sometimes, so use the search feature to look up "sleep paralysis" if this is kind of what your feelin.
You can also hallucinate sounds during this state

Oh you can also look up hypnopompic and hypnogogic hallucination,

kris

[edit on 14-8-2004 by xxKrisxx]

top topics

join