It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debt talks have been broken off!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I can't watch Obama's speeches or press conferences anymore. It's too painful. In school I always made the choice to avoid those who were pathological compulsive liars. I don't see any reason to change that rule. It's definitely unfortunate that our President is such a person.

He forces me to find my 'happy place' on a daily basis.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Microphone plugs chime in: "Here is what you have to say"... no new taxes!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
the deal will happen aug 1st, around 9 pm

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread as well............ pretty graphic......don't you think.

America has lost the plot

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/01f4a6d87525.gif[/atsimg]

And I thought Obama was actually cutting spending ????????

Bush lit the fire and poured petrol on it and now Obama has added thermite and TNT........... look at it go ??

PDUK

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
here's what i said on a 'countdown thread'

Behnor walked out on the Øbama (supposed) compromise

the Speaker has it correct... pay the Treasury debt on things like the outstanding Bonds and the monies diverted from the Social Security & Medicare Funds...

but hold off on paying the FED (Federal Reserve) their usury 5% on the $16-22Trillion they secretly lent out to a large number of both domestic & foreign 'too-big-to-fail' entities....(with NO oversight)

I agree... let the FED strangle on it's own Fraud & coercern
... but pay the Nations' truthful obligations...

(i hope the Speaker is doing this for the reasons outlined)
and He ain't just political posturing...
the financial system is too corrupt to survive ............IMHO

i can' add more at this moment... i think i hit the core issue that the house/senate are dancing around in the political sphere...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

I supported Obama at first like millions of other people. They give us no choices and so we get stuck trying to pick the lesser of two evils. I have gotten to the point I can no longer stand to hear his voice or look at his face. He has more than let people down he has dug a whole so deep it would be almost impossible to find the bottom of it. He has done nothing but lie, mis-inform, and whine the entire time he is doing it. I do not understand how any of his cronies and masters sleep at night let alone look people in the eyes. We know that they know that we know what they are doing. The world disgusting doesn't come close to defining it.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Probably more fear mongering from Obama.

Default already.

That is the stupidest thing to say - you should be embarrassed. The only thing that defaulting would do would be to totally screw the country -- the whole concept of allowing the US to default is treason.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Republicans brought us to this precipice the tea party is going to push us over.

The rich are to be protected at any cost!!!!!
edit on 22-7-2011 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
these meeting just shows us the failure in washington....

Our system is broken, because these politicians don't give a darn about the people!!

when are the people gonna figure it out...

These idiots cannot figure out how to fix our budget...

I can tell you right now, for a fact, welfare is a waste, more corruption there then I can explain without exceding the word limit.. Social security was meant to be temporarily. Medicaid is all screwed up, we are spending billions on researching hammers, ketchup and whatever dumb stupid, I mean stupid crap.. Disability is also corrupt, allot of the governmental jobs are a waste...

Oh and lets see, politicians are making six figure salaries with unlimited healthcare and free transportation, oh and of course lobbyism..

That is the problem, and now that election time is coming again, we are going to get bull dozed with more bullcrap..

Also you wanna know who benefits for obuma care? Ahem, the health insurance companies... They lobbied the hell outta these idiots..

These banks that all got bail outs with the excuse to big to fail,need to pay our deficit off...

this is such a joke, and such a sign of the times...

I am going to guess these morons will try to dictate a war next, in order to plunder riches...

I also find it strange with all the tax in gas, we are not able to balance our books...

we need to vote out all these idiots that have been in the house and senate for the past decade next year..

period and that includes PAUL....

Someone needs to step up...

Tired of presidential elections looking like a media circus as well...

Our way of electing a President and politicians is broken.............................................

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Probably more fear mongering from Obama.

Default already.

That is the stupidest thing to say - you should be embarrassed. The only thing that defaulting would do would be to totally screw the country -- the whole concept of allowing the US to default is treason.

No it's not. Better default on your own terms than be forced to default when the bond market finally blows up on you.... which will happen if the BS from both parties continues.

Russia defaulted and now they are in shape... A default is not the end of the world.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Republicans should ignore the democrats and don't pass anything else than the cut, cap and balance bill.

So what if America defaults... Americans are so stupid, the reelection rate in 2010 was 89%... in 2008 it was 92%... Americans, doesn't matter how much they get shafted by the government, continue to vote again and again for the same people.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I think the entire thing is just political theater.

Both Boehner and Obama benefit from this farce. They both appease their base by appearing as though they are playing tough guy to the oppostion.

Three facts:

We have to raise the debt ceiling.

We have to cut speending.

We have to raise revenue.

Anything less will weaken our global finacial position and screw ourselves. This is just a farcical bread and circus to better position each player/party going into the 2012 election and gin up the respective bases.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
This whole fiasco is soooo ridiculous that it has to be scripted(just part of the master plan) and boy would I like to see the whole script.....No really though..

I feel three things have to be moved out of the way before this 'New World Order' can really get down to business.

One being real Christianity, two , radical Islam as we now it, and three, the U.S., and it's precious dollar.

Make no mistake, the collapse of the dollar is right at our front door......I really hope I am wrong.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I agree with this... Only stupidity, can explain, the stupidity in Washington, right now...

Idiots voting for republicans because they say they are and democrats voting for democrats, because they say they are, and its just stupid..

Its all stupid, and unless someone gets a little smarter over there in Washington, and tells both parties to go screw themselves, this crap is done.......

So the system is broken, without anyone trying to fix it, they just want to break it some more aka debt ceiling..

I'm telling you its not gonna work, when you keep breaking it, its like not changing your oil for 10,000 miles and saying hey I can drive another 10,000 without my engine breaking!!!!

STUPID!!!!!!!!

To be honest, I just dont see it fixing itself...

The gene pool in politics is so screwed up...

just a bunch of rich silver spooned outta touch lawyers that failed in law....

I am sick and tired of hearing this heaping pile of BS in washington....

Sick of it..

Obama, running to the camera's to blame, republicans running to camera's to blame..

Who is leading by example?

Whatever, these idiots will just break it some more...

Until we wake up one morning from atomic blasts, or announcements on tv that the markets have crashed and our credit based imaginary green backs are worth nothing, and marshal law, is in effect...

That is where this country is heading...

Stupid can only lead so long until their damn luck runs out!!!!

Its a mathematical formula!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Why do we have a President... Let's get the REAL perpeTRAITORS in the mix!

International Monetary Fund
edit on 22-7-2011 by Heyyo_yoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Maybe not.. I posted a link in your other thread about how they've been moving hundreds of billions from SS into treasuries as well as using SS funds to fund the government through what the Treasury is calling "accounting tricks".

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join