It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post here if a cop ever helped you.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am posting this because of the extremist agenda of certain groups that have recently infiltrated this forum.
Unless you are very unobservant you will have noticed a lot of threads with an agenda...
These threads tend to be predominantly expressing anti cop sentiments....
Sure! there are some bad apples....I bet there are some in the profession of these people making the posts(thats if they work, and dont sponge off other peoples taxes!)
However, we all rely on the cops, they save countless lives, and protect us, yet all we see here is hate, hate and more hate. What you have to ask yourself is, who are these people? what IS there agenda?
This is the internet age, how do you destabilise an enemy? wars are fought across many battlefields.
Just think twice, next time you read one of these posts...There is always an agenda.
Next time your wife is giving birth in the back of a taxi and a cop stops to help, holds up traffic and you name your child after him, just remember, the real extremists are lurking!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by HologramDenier

I love how you posted this in the Cryptozoology forum.

Maybe you're not too convinced the elusive good cop exists yourself?

I think it may be easier to catch this guy on video:

edit on 7/22/11 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Hey HologramDenier,i cant actually recall any time when a cop has helped me.

Your right,not all cops are bad,but the corruption and wrong doings by them seem to be increasing,even in the minor cases.

Just remember most of the time,people dont just react unless theres a reason too.

Ill try to remember a time when a cop has personally helped me,but i really dont think its happened to me.

Cheers

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Cops help me out a lot. They give me and my friend rides home from the bar. I know a few cops. Yes, a LOT of them are tools that don't do much of anything but give other cops a bad name. There are few that actually try to be professional and try to do their job the best they can, but they are few and rare to come by these days. Most cops would rather get somebody arrested for a marijuana ticket then go out of their way to actually make a good difference.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem

I love how you posted this in the Cryptozoology forum.

Maybe you're not too convinced the elusive good cop exists yourself?

That's what I thought too, a mythical beast as rare as a unicorn

I've met a couple, but they're not in the majority. I've come across more bad than good. It was a long time ago too, these days they're so on edge, even in the small towns.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Good subject OP, it's would be nice to hear of some of the good cops that truly try to help people, which I believe is the majority.But like a good offensive lineman your not gonna hear about the good, just the bad, and the ugly.

For me yeah I've had a couple of instances when cops have tried to help me, we had a family tragedy when I was in my teens and the cops got to the scene very quickly and tried to help in everyway possible,a couple of them even tried to stay in touch and show support in the following months.Also my car broke down in an awful rainstorm a few years ago,my phone had died and a cop stopped and radioed in a tow for me which was very cool especially since I was out in the boonies.

And yeah I have also had a few run-ins with @ssh#le cops as well, but hey you gotta take the good with the bad I suppose.Unfortunately on occasion we will hear of thes god awful things some cops do,and it completely overshadows anything the police may do for the good of citizens.
edit on 22-7-2011 by KaiserSouszay because: edit

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Cops used to help people. The last time I remember a cop going out of the way for anyone was early to mid 80's. I ran out of gas and one actually drove me to get gas and helped me put it in, then waited to make sure my vehicle started. Contrast that with today. I recently moved to my area,and in November 2010 I trying to finding where to vote. I seen a cop car sitting by the road so I pulled over said Hi and he acted surprised. I told him I was trying to find my voting place and he shrugged his shoulders and basically gave me the cold shoulder. Treated me like I was some kind of crazy person. You know the way, when someone is bothering you at the store and you try to get away from them. Cops no longer are trained to protect and serve. They are trained to view everyone as the enemy. The problem with that is clearly seen at Youtube. Thousands of videos of police officers abusing the citizenry. How long till we start seeing more citizen on cop violence. If you are gonna treat people like crap then don't be surprised when they give as good as they get.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Police are under no obligation to help you, or serve you in any way, shape, or form. The Supreme Court has upheld this.

They are revenue agents for the state, that's about it.

It's very rare that cops actually protect people. They show up after something bad has already happened, sit around for a few hours, then disappear never to be heard from again.

When you sign up to become a police officer, you know your duty will include doing things that violate the rights of US citizens. I'm sorry, they may not all be evil maniacs, but if you sign up for a job where violating people's rights comes with the territory, then you can't be "good" in my opinion.

I'm sure you'll just say I'm some member of a group with an anti-police agenda. Well, the only group I'm a member of is that of concerned and angry citizens, we don't hold meetings, and don't have a spokesperson. There are quite a few of us, though.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Never. Cops have only given me grief and anxiety when they hunt around in their patrol cars for revenue not service. So, nope.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
hi op
a police man did help me once
i was 12 yrs old and ran away from my childrens home in (1989)
i had not eaten for 2 days so handed myself into a police station
the desk sergent gave me his lunch
apart from that its not been a good relationship with the buggers
back then it was old school police with a bit of common sence
nowadays its brainwashed kids
just like the army
regards
dave

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

I have to many stories about cops helping me. The town where I live, they are part of the community and they haven't forgot it. Very courteous and professional. Even the drunks speak highly of them.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
They helped me into my cell, that's about it.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
the time is near when the cops will have to choose a side.

The very people they think there protecting will be taking to the streets in protest soon which leaves them with a difficult choice, the government that issues their cheques or the masses that's had enough of the government that issues their cheques.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Hi Hologram

Have had several policemen friends that were like family to me, They are no longer with us, God rest their souls., loved them dearly.

Also I was given a ride a few times . I am grateful for the good ones... but I despise the sorry ones.
Have had several bad experiences as well.

But there is good and bad in EVERY crowd. imo.. Even the Cops crowd!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Actually two incidents come to mind.

The first was back in 95 when we were evacuated twice for flooding. I was at work when I got the call that the dam was breached and I needed to get home. I got about 1 mile from home and there was a road block. I stopped and the very nice deputy told me I couldn't go past. Understandably I about lost it; I told him I had to get home and get my daughter and sister the heck out of there. So, against his orders, he allowed me past as long as I promised him we would be out of there within 30 min. We were by the way this girl isn't messing around with a flood.

When my daughter was about 7 we came home to a burglary in progress; thankfully our arrival prompted him to go out the front door as we came in the back. Obviously I called the cops and waited for them with my daughter in the locked car since I had no way of knowing if there were more involved then the one we saw. The deputy showed up and searched the house; however my daughter was still very scared so he asked her where she thought a bad guy might hide. Even though he was very busy he took the time to look in all the places a young child asked him to. He then told her he would drive by several times in his shift to make sure all was well. The first time he knocked on the door to let her know he was watching out for us. He didn't have to take the time to do all this but it eased the mind of a small child and I'm forever grateful to him. I called the Sheriff the next day to let him know what a great service he had done.

I'm no big fan of cops but there are many out there who do behave as the two above did. Perhaps in addition to looking for the bad ones we should take the time to recognize the good ones.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Got one

1994 while a lance cooly at el toro. It was 4:00am i had dropped off my buds at the barracks, was driving my CJ7 home across town in Irvine, ran out of gas. i smelled like a brewery as we had spent the day and night in TJ. i was about a mile from my apartment, trying to push my vehicle.
An Irvine PD cop pulled up, gave me a ride to gas station, gave me his gas can out of the trunk of his cop car, gave me $5 bucks for gas. drobe me back to my jeep and wished me well. Drove off waving and chuckling at my story of our adventures in TJ. How we each drank a case of beer in the barracks before going, how our buddy stripped nakek, surfed my roll bars, screaming at people going down the I-5. How sh-tfaced we all got, etc..etc..

God the good ol days were sweet. Socal was the beezneez in the 90's

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Yes, I can contribute. See my thread here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I had a female cop help me once. I kind of had a panic attack when she first got out the cuffs and got that authoritative voice, Oh well it was a very good time anyway, she was a very helpful officer yet very naughty at the same time.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Wow I feel bad for you Americans. Most have nothing but bad experiences with cops.

I as a Canadian have had nothing but good experiences with one exception when I was younger. But I deserved what I got then.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join