It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX news, radiation from Japan Killing American babies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

FOX news, radiation from Japan killing American babies

Too bad it's FOX news picking this up, but I suppose some MSM coverage is better than no MSM coverage.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Um . . . why Philly, though? Wouldn't babies on the West Coast be affected first? I think this is a bit far fetched and that they need to be looking elsewhere for the reason why this is happening.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

They broke this with a delay of about 3 months... I'm sure most of us knew about the dangerous fallout well before anyone mentioned it on the MSM.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Boreas

Good question...

Japan's nuclear meltdown linked to baby deaths along West coast

EUGENE, Ore. – “Eight cities in the Pacific Northwest are experiencing a dramatic increase in baby deaths since the Japanese nuclear disaster despite media reports that the fallout is ‘negligible’ in the U.S. mainland,” states the Eugene Weekly in a June 16 report that’s tied to statistics based from federal agencies and the National Center for Health Statistics.

There’s been “an increase of about 35 percent in deaths of babies under 1 year old in Boise, Seattle, Portland and the northern California cities of Santa Cruz, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose and Berkeley,” states a June 16 Eugene Weekly report that references a CounterPunch.org story from June 10 by Dr. Janette D. Sherman and Joseph Mangano that documents the deaths after reviewing National Center for Health Statistics. Also, the baby deaths in these combined cities “average 9.25 per week in the month before the Fukushima meltdown. And, 12.5 per week in the months following the disaster.”

Infant deaths along West coast due to massive leaks of radiation from Japan

The infant death statistics are according to local doctors and federal agencies that monitored the Fukushima meltdown since the Japan earthquake and Tsunami from March 11.

Local reaction to the recent reports that Japan’s nuke meltdown is now linked to infant deaths in both the Pacific Northwest and California, includes a statement from Pacific Green Party spokesman Blair Bobier who said in the June 16 Eugene Weekly that “nuclear power is dangerous under the best of conditions and disastrous under the worst.”

At the same time, Germany’s Chancellor Angela Merkel has called on her country to “shut down its remaining nuclear plants” over the next decade.

Japan admits to double its estimate of radiation released downwind to West coast

“Japan's nuclear safety agency has more than doubled its estimate of the amount of radiation released into the atmosphere from the crippled Fukushima nuclear plant,” stated ABC News Australia June 7. And plutonium believed to have come from the plant has also been found in a town near the facility - the first time plutonium has been found in soil outside the facility.”

The Nuclear and Industrial Safety Agency says “it believes the earthquake-stricken Fukushima plant emitted nearly 800,000 terabecquerels of radioactive material into the air in the days after it was hit by a massive Tsunami,” ABC News Australia reported, while also noting “that is more than double the original estimate and is based on new information suggesting the No.1 and No.2 reactors suffered meltdowns much earlier than thought. The revision reveals the failure to contain the disaster resulted in much more radioactive contamination of the soil, sea and air than the plant's operators had acknowledged.”

Meanwhile, Dr. Sherman and Mangano -- who reported their findings on infant deaths linked to the Fukushima meltdown -- stated how “spewing from the Fukushima reactor are radioactive isotopes including those of iodine (1-131), strontium (Sr-90) and cesium (Cs-134 and Cs-137) all of which are taken up in food and water.”

The authors of this report also note that “iodine is concentrated in the thyroid, Sr-90 in bones and teeth and Cs-134 and Cs-137 in soft tissues, including the heart.”

Moreover, they state that “the unborn babies are more vulnerable because the cells are rapidly dividing and the delivered dose is proportionally larger than that delivered to an adult.”

Dr. Sherman and Mangano’s full report on the rise of baby deaths in West coast communities -- in the wake of the nuclear meltdown in Japan March 11 -- can be found at wkly.ws...

Children in Japan are also under watch for deadly nuke poisoning

A recent BBC report also points to children and concerned parents from Japan calling for greater protection from nuke fallout, while protests against nuclear power continue in both Japan and German.

“Japan's Fukushima city is to give radiation dosimeters to 34,000 children to measure their exposure from the tsunami-hit nuclear power plant. All children aged between four and 15 will wear the devices for three months, and data will be collected monthly. The city lies about 60km (37 miles) from the Fukushima Daiichi plant, which was badly damaged in the March 11 quake and Tsunami.

JANETTE D. SHERMAN, MD and JOSEPH MANGANO" - Is the Dramatic Increase in Baby Deaths in the US a Result of Fukushima Fallout?

U.S. babies are dying at an increased rate. While the United States spends billions on medical care, as of 2006, the US ranked 28th in the world in infant mortality, more than twice that of the lowest ranked countries. (DHHS, CDC, National Center for Health Statistics. Health United States 2010, Table 20, p. 131, February 2011.)

The recent CDC Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report indicates that eight cities in the northwest U.S. (Boise ID, Seattle WA, Portland OR, plus the northern California cities of Santa Cruz, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose, and Berkeley) reported the following data on deaths among those younger than one year of age:

4 weeks ending March 19, 2011 - 37 deaths (avg. 9.25 per week)
10 weeks ending May 28, 2011 - 125 deaths (avg.12.50 per week)

This amounts to an increase of 35% (the total for the entire U.S. rose about 2.3%), and is statistically significant. Of further significance is that those dates include the four weeks before and the ten weeks after the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant disaster. In 2001 the infant mortality was 6.834 per 1000 live births, increasing to 6.845 in 2007. All years from 2002 to 2007 were higher than the 2001 rate.

Spewing from the Fukushima reactor are radioactive isotopes including those of iodine (I-131), strontium (Sr-90) and cesium (Cs-134 and Cs-137) all of which are taken up in food and water. Iodine is concentrated in the thyroid, Sr-90 in bones and teeth and Cs-134 and Cs-137 in soft tissues, including the heart. The unborn and babies are more vulnerable because the cells are rapidly dividing and the delivered dose is proportionally larger than that delivered to an adult. Read more of the article

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think there will be some real worldwide fallout (arg) from this Japan situation -- and as they say, infants are the most likely to be affected. :-(

My bull# detector did go off a bit on this though. 7.5 vs 5 deaths a week? That sounds like it could be a fluke. Luckily, that guy draw a bar graph for us where the y-axis starts at FOUR (to make the disparity look larger visually).
edit on 7/22/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Probably just the swine flu vaccine..

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't think so......
edit on 22-7-2011 by listerofsmeg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well guess what caused the Fukushima disaster?

HAARP.

Guess who owns HAARP?

Americans.

Looks like you guys just screwed yourselves over.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Wertwog

Thank you!!! Wertwog for more evidence.

May I add this:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a70cdae1cfec.jpg[/atsimg]
This satellite image provided by DigitalGlobe shows the damaged Fukushima Dai-ichi nuclear facility in Japan on Monday, March 14, 2011. Authorities are strugging to prevent the catastrophic release of radiation in the area devastated by a tsunami. (AP
Is it to much to ask for at least an emergency alert about the possible release of radiation into our rain or winds on a system we already have so we can make a decision to work/play or not work/play outdoors in the rain.

Thank you all for your support!!

edit on 22-7-2011 by rbrtj because: added info without a new reply

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
My bull# detector did go off a bit on this though. 7.5 vs 5 deaths a week? That sounds like it could be a fluke. Luckily, that guy draw a bar graph for us where the y-axis starts at FOUR (to make the disparity look larger visually).
I'm glad to see you have a working bull detector. Yes it sounds like a fluke and they even say in the video it could be just a fluke. There's not much statistical significance to that, and there's no linkage mentioned at all in the video to Fukushima, such as what the causes of the infant deaths were, and how they might be related to or caused by radiation.

Don't get me wrong, people will die as a result of Fukushima, but they will be things like deaths 10, 20, 30 years from now from cancer. It's got no connection to infant deaths that anyone has shown, this is just wild speculation.

He did say however that Philadelphia had 5 of the 7 highest radiation levels in the drinking water in the country, I'll have to see if I can verify that. If it was from Fukushima I would have expected that to happen somewhere like Seattle.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Remind me again who Fox news is owned by? O h yeah Rupert Murdoch. Case closed.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boreas
Um . . . why Philly, though? Wouldn't babies on the West Coast be affected first? I think this is a bit far fetched and that they need to be looking elsewhere for the reason why this is happening.

that means its reached the east coast!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by balon0
Well guess what caused the Fukushima disaster?

HAARP.

Guess who owns HAARP?

Americans.

Looks like you guys just screwed yourselves over.

No, an earthquake did... Those are caused by nature, silly.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Iodine-131 also found in Philadelphia-area sewage plants; Sludge set off radiation detectors at landfills — Experts skeptical it’s from cancer patients’ urine

Wow, there must be a hella amount of cancer patients in Philly! Haha! Wow, blame cancer patients, that's a new one. Kinda like blaming parents for increases in child mortality rates... BC Canada Chief Coroner report blames increases in infant mortality in the first 6 months of 2011 on "Poor parenting"...

Source

Three weeks after an earthquake and tsunami severely damaged Japan's Fukushima nuclear power plant, Lisa Daniels opened an e-mail with test results of river water samples from Southeastern Pennsylvania.

It was just after lunch April 1. Nationwide, officials were testing rain, rivers, milk, and other substances to learn if radioactivity from the stricken plant was present.

They'd seen it after Chernobyl, and now it was showing up nationwide, including in rainwater from a deluge in central Pennsylvania.

Daniels, a water division chief at the state Department of Environmental Protection, wasn't worried. Enough time had passed that the radiation would have decayed or been carried away.

But when she looked at the sample from the Wissahickon Creek near Green Lane, just upstream from a city drinking water intake, she froze.

None of the other river samples in the batch showed iodine-131. But this one did.

By 6 p.m. that day, that drinking water intake would be getting extra treatment, and officials would be embarking on a detective mission that has generated interest nationwide.

Since then, officials have found more iodine-131 in the Wissahickon, and at several sewage treatment plants along the creek.

They've also realized that worrisome levels of iodine-131 had been detected long before the Fukushima accident in several Philadelphia drinking water samples taken as part of an obscure monitoring program run by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

Within that limited data set of 59 locations across the country, Philadelphia's levels were the highest in the previous decade, the Water Department discovered.

So Fukushima couldn't be the cause after all.

The source they now suspect was a surprise. Iodine-131 is used to treat thyroid cancer, and they suspect it's coming from patients excreting excess radioactivity in their urine, which then winds up in rivers, and ultimately in Philadelphia's drinking water intakes.

Iodine-131 is not good for you.

When radioactive iodine gets into the body, it concentrates in the thyroid gland. Low doses can impair the gland's activity, according to the EPA. Long-term exposure to high amounts can cause cancer.

Officials from the Water Department, the EPA, and the DEP emphasize that the levels detected are tiny and don't constitute a public health threat. Philadelphia's drinking water meets standards for radioactivity and remains safe, they say.

Philly enquirer

Hahaha.... "Iodine-131 is not good for you". *Fp*
edit on 22-7-2011 by Wertwog because: clarified something

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

----
He did say however that Philadelphia had 5 of the 7 highest radiation levels in the drinking water in the country, I'll have to see if I can verify that. If it was from Fukushima I would have expected that to happen somewhere like Seattle.

Read up for studies on the west coast.... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Remind me again who Fox news is owned by? O h yeah Rupert Murdoch. Case closed.

Ya, maybe FOX hacked a few phones to get this intel!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I think there will be some real worldwide fallout (arg) from this Japan situation -- and as they say, infants are the most likely to be affected. :-(

I agree completely.
Case in point, Japanese auto parts are distributed all over the world.
If any of these parts, no matter how small, were ever exposed to radiation and somehow made their way into your vehicle, your automobile will be nuclear hazard on wheels.

Btw, does anyone really think they would even alert the public if any nuclear contaminated auto parts were ever discovered?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
seriously, you must realize that this information will not make it to the msm as fact
this is why the big financial debate is being put on front line news.
happen to notice there is always something as a distraction.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

I agree completely.
Case in point, Japanese auto parts are distributed all over the world.
If any of these parts, no matter how small, were ever exposed to radiation and somehow made their way into your vehicle, your automobile will be nuclear hazard on wheels.

Btw, does anyone really think they would even alert the public if any nuclear contaminated auto parts were ever discovered?

Bit off topic, but funny you should mention that... Australian Imported Cars to be tested... and a while back Russia seizes radioactive cars from Japan

and, in answer to your question... no...

Radioactive Cars Shipped from Japan (But Don’t Worry About It)

+ this nugget...

Mythbuster: Can cars imported from Japan be radioactive? Answer: OF COURSE NOT -- CONSUME AS NORMAL!

and I meant to post this a while back, but forgot... thanks for the reminder!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join