It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell UFO Controversy: Ramey Lied ?!?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
"Speculation of what really happened has never truly ended. George Filer, a retired Air Force intelligence officer, told The Huffington Post that he believes Ramey was forced to lie about the Roswell incident.

And, in news that will come as a shock even to ardent UFO researches, he told The Huffington Post in an exclusive interview that Ramey's wife told him he was "embarrassed about having to lie about the weather balloon."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

WOW! Disclosure on the way now?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
this would blow the entire Roswell incident wide open, and totally piss off a lot of debunkers...let's hope we get total disclosure on this

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Wow... now this is interesting. Always knew something was fishy with the Roswell incident.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I wouldn't be so quick to throw that word out there for something like this. Sure, it is an interesting little news clip, but amounts to a hill of beans in the big picture. Thinking some obscure blurb on the internet is going to get the whole disclosure boat going is living in dreamland.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Here's Maj. George A. Filer, III from the video on the linked page:
("I'm George A. Filer, the third; The reason I'm here today is because George A. Filer - the fifth; is in the hanger and will be born on friday...")

- Impressive!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
George Filer, a retired Air Force intelligence officer,

That would be this fellow... of the Filer Files
www.nationalufocenter.com...

Nah we already knew it wasn't a weather balloon

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Interesting that George Filer would mention this information only now. I've read a good deal of what he's written, and have never seen this before. He says he talked to Mrs. Ramey. She reportedly told him that the General was displeased about being made to lie about the Roswell incident; giving out the first of several conflicting Air Force cover stories. Filer's conversation with Mrs. Ramey was presumably a number of years ago. The General was born in 1903, died in 1967. One tends to assume that his wife was of similar age, and has been gone, too, for many years. &&&&& Could Filer be acting on cue now, as part of an organized gradual disclosure, which is gathering speed? Perhaps. It's possible that 'the powers that be' could be concerned about a very recent development. There is news of the discovery and scientific testing of metal fragments suspected of being from the alleged Roswell UFO crash. Perhaps they fear these tests will reveal an extraterrestrial, manufactured object, and that six decades of deception will explode in their faces. What else would be left to them, but to put out the facts in a timely manner? They very likely wish to at least appear in control of the situation. As I've observed before, disclosure will only come when circumstances beyond the control of the authorities make it necessary and unavoidable. Ross

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Blah, blah, blah, there isn't anything exciting or new here, we already know and this will not affect any form of disclosure whatsoever as there ain't no disclosure.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
The point is *not* that one of the Air Force contradictory cover stories for the Roswell incident has received another hit. Even the Air Force doesn't think much of the origin 'balloon' story anymore, having issued two others since then. The point is that this information is coming out only *now*, presumably years after Filer became aware of it. We're certainly entitled to wonder why the delay? And why tell it just now? What could have changed recently, to suddenly shake this loose? Ross

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Maybe because over the last few years there hasn't been a decent new UFO case and we need to revive the oldies but goodies. All we have today is glowing orbs and lights and 1001 hoaxes. Nothing to really even bother researching.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

True, however for people (A.K.A complete sceptics) who need every piece of the puzzle to admit the whole picture , it is nice to have one more added to our already large collection.

Good thread

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Hey very good lead!

I have seen a video of Ramey admitting it was a coverup. So if we have alien bodies falling from the sky in 1947, surely we have abductions, and surely we have an alien underground base in the US (I would suggest more than 1). Evidence shows that our government learned about one alien base in northern New Mexico.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
More evidence of Ramey lying:

Roughly one year later (after Roswell), Gen. Ramey and other officers were waiting on the tarmac at Carswell AFB for a taxiing B-29.

An enlisted crewman was waiting with the rest of the crew to also board the aircraft. One of the officers on the crew was overheard asking Ramey about the 1947 Roswell events. "What about it , General?" the officer pressed. "What was that stuff?"

To which Ramey answered, "Oh that. It was the biggest lie I ever had to tell." After a moment Ramey added, "It was out of this world, Son. Out of this world!"

(From telephone interview with Marion Brimberry in 2000)

link

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

Dear mecheng

Nice find I always love to read stuff about Roswell.

“WOW! Disclosure on the way now?”

Sorry not a hope in hell, now if it was to appear on the 10:00pm, news world wide well maybe but even then it is a big maybe.

Lets face it only we care.

A debunker will look at it like this, an old foge tell he was there but has no proof of anything at all what so ever.

That is just about it. One old mans ramblings as true as they may turn out to be.

For sure what landed in that desert was no balloon but however no one that I know of has proof of what it was and on we go around and around.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mecheng
"Speculation of what really happened has never truly ended. George Filer, a retired Air Force intelligence officer, told The Huffington Post that he believes Ramey was forced to lie about the Roswell incident.

And, in news that will come as a shock even to ardent UFO researches, he told The Huffington Post in an exclusive interview that Ramey's wife told him he was "embarrassed about having to lie about the weather balloon."

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Let's get real! You are accepting hearsay from a guy that was not there and it doesn't matter what he spouts, it's not evidence. When anyone says "believes" it's an article of faith, without even one iota of evidence for beliefs are the products of mental conditioning. Only the gullible believers accept hearsay. George Filer has nothing to back up his comments.

top topics

join