It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds: Man sold drugs, guns to informants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Feds: Man sold drugs, guns to informants (Oh, the irony of within our ATF)

www.recordnet.com

Federal prosecutors said Thursday they won indictments against a Patterson man after investigators said he sold illegal drugs and guns in broad daylight at the parking lots of Home Depot and Kohl's in Manteca.

Investigators said that Natanael Faustino, 28, sold methamphetamine and weapons by hand in plastic bags on different occasions to confidential informants, according to an affidavit filed in support of an arrest warrant.

The U.S. Attorney's Office in Sacramento won a six-count grand jury indictment, charging Faustino, an illegal immigrant, with two counts of possessing meth with t
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on Fri Jul 22 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: title must match the source title

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This is not earth-shattering news, but hear me out.

I look at this stuff in my newspaper and think about Operation Fast and Furious. Here we have an illegal immigrant from Mexico selling guns and drugs right out in the open in the parking lot of Home Depot. The guy is busted by ATF after what was obviously an ongoing investigation.

Oh, the irony......

The ATF can send thousands of guns across the border into the hands of the drug cartels and we have yet to see anyone face criminal charges for that. Yet the vigorously investigate some other schmuck and get six indictments. I'm not arguing the dude is a scumbag who needs to go to prison. I'm arguing how ludicrous this whole system has become.

I'd be curious to know where the serial numbers on this guy's guns led to. Just sayin.

Keep up the good work, ATF. (yeah, right)

Disgusting.

www.recordnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

And let's not forget about the poor gun shop owner who legally sold guns to them... Oh... the hypocrisy!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

And let's not forget about the poor gun shop owner who legally sold guns to them..

You've got that right!

You know, I think my head is going to explode, my friend.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Two wrongs don't make a right though.

You can't forgive one criminals behavior because people in the government engage in criminal behavior as well. Indite them all.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

You can't forgive one criminals behavior because people in the government engage in criminal behavior as well. Indite them all.

That's my point, Mnm, indict them all. This guy and the rest. Mexican nationals wreak havoc in my state, but my gripe is that the ATF has now given them more firepower to do it with and no one has been held accountable for that part.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Seriously though, That IS a pretty smart place to do a deal though isn't it?

A Mexican National in a Home Depot parking lot? There's already 50 people that LOOK like that might not have papers standing around the parking lot looking for work.

What's one more suspected illegal with guns and meth?

Gypsy? Ya got free tickets to the Fair? I'll buy ya a beer here in Tahoe when ya come up.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Hahaha! Hey, I'd send ya some if I did, my friend!

Hmmmm....now that you mention Tahoe.....that sounds like a good road trip about now. Time to take a vacation from Forbes' "#1 Most Miserable City in the U.S.."

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Common up. I'll find a bar I haven't been kicked out of yet. There has to be at least one around here somewhere.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
Two wrongs don't make a right though.

A double standard isn't right, either.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Um my post talked about being against any form of double standard. Hence the "indite them all".

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Great post S&F

but there is more to add to your tail..
New Mexico town dissolves police dept after gun smuggling scandal

The scandal-plagued, tiny New Mexico border town of Columbus is dissolving its police department and asking the county sheriff to protect its citizens.

An employee at Columbus City Hall confirmed to The Lookout that the police force has been dissolved. The Luna County Sheriff’s Office will now take over patrolling the town.

The town has been upended since federal authorities arrested Police Chief Angelo Vega, Mayor Eddie Espinoza, Village Trustee Blas Gutierrez and nine other residents for conspiring to smuggle hundreds of guns to drug cartels over the border in March. All of the accused have pleaded not guilty, and their trial is expected in October,

these guys turned out to be some of those strawbuyers....Story here

new topics

top topics

join