It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ats bashers should be banned for life…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Every time I write a post about something I tend to only care about putting my opinion out there in my own personal way. Why do I need to feel forced to write my post around your taste, so I won’t get bashed? And by the way – I never write posts to only get attention. I write them to put myself out there because I never share my opinions with people outside the cybersystem. I am also new to Ats, so why would I be a douche only to get stars and flags? Can I buy a car with them?? I am a person with weird opinions. But still, it is an opinion. It really hurts when I have to see that 99% cannot manage to respect one person’s view when not agreeing.
I have an odd perception of the world and life. I don’t want to be bashed because I utter my words differently than others. I never mean harm, but I am taken by the fact that I feel a need to show people how I feel, and clearly most of you do not understand..

I am all about love and peace for this world, but I see solutions that others don’t. And have views that obviously most people don’t. This world is changing for the worse all the time and you guys really make it better by bashing each other up and trying to ‘’win’’ discussions instead of actually try and produce a result of your glorious opinions..

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

Live and learn friend, I know what thread you are referring to and surely you can see how your message may have been/was misleading. It was a volatile subject, associated with heavy emotion. I see where you are coming from, but words online, and their intention can be somewhat ambiguous, particularly regarding an emotional topic. When we speak out into the cyber world, people from all walks of life hear it and that guarantees a variety of perspective, not always harmonious either. Perhaps consider more how what you say affects others, and word your statements more thoroughly? It's tough, but it better serves the continuity of discussion.

Peace,
spec
edit on 22-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Many will take the Moral High Ground and try to renounce and admonish you for your opinions.

They will be Vehement and Relentless in their attacks because your opinion's will not fit their view.

Do not fear reprisal to Voice your opinion my friend.!

There will always be those who will seek to destroy those they do not agree with.

Be strong.
edit on 22-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
AGREED.
people are just so ignorant now a days for no apparent reason.
edit on 22-7-2011 by eddy2258 because: grammar.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I too know the thread you speak of -- however you have to understand that this is the internet. Anonymity breeds aggression. If anything, people will be more cruel to you on the Internet (at least in my experience) than they will be to you in real life. I don't think it should be that way, but it is the ugly truth, and ATS is no different.

We come into contact with trolls on a daily basis, and since I know of the thread you were referring to, I could of seen how your opinion and the way you presented it could of been misinterpreted and considered trolling. I think it'd be easier for you in the future if you make sure that when you're posting, you don't leave anything up to interpretation, therefore misinterpretation isn't possible.

Though I disagreed with what you were saying -- I still respect it, and I think you should have the right to share your opinions, however, just word them a little more carefully next time -- no big deal.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ravenesque
Though I disagreed with what you were saying -- I still respect it, and I think you should have the right to share your opinions, however, just word them a little more carefully next time -- no big deal.

Why should I? I don't feel like sowing my words that will fit your size! Anyways, i do not cuss, i am not discriminating, i am not bashing anyone when replying to my post.. All this nitpicking and misinterpreting that is happening just for fun/posts/being a jerk etc is just mean. When you read, and when you see and understand what i am trying to say, then reply at your best. Don't bash me because i uttered myself in the wrong way. I am not an academic.. !!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Why should I? I

Because otherwise you wish bans for bashers for life, and take offense to comments here sometimes. It's not about censoring your expressions, more like adding consideration to the thoroughness and specifics. I feel ya, in that no one wants to be told how/what to say, but at the same time, in a social setting there are unwritten understandings/expectations and respect to consider.
I hope you don't consider my words as bashing, I promise they are not.

spec

edit on 22-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

This is how i express myself! People have to deal with it! I am still practicing writing threads, but it is getting more clearer to me that i should actually stick to how i am as a person and not let anyone tell me how to express myself.. If they are smart enough to understand what i mean - then they can just simply ignore my screw-ups and pm me and encourage me to be articulate in another fashion...and maybe tell me how.. my god!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Good point, carry on then and consider it water off of a ducks back

Don't let it get to ya so much.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I understand where you are coming from. Personally, I don't even refer back to most threads that I reply to, because I do not want to argue with anyone. I present my opinions, sometimes based on my own research/evidence, which I clearly discern from my opinions.

Whenever I disagree with someone, I attempt to be respectful. There have been a few times that I was a bit derogatory, although not out of line, when a thread is posted that truly is a waste of server space as well as a waste of readers' time.

I agree that one shouldn't have to conform their posting to fit a specific mold. As long as one doesn't come off in a manner that is condescending or arrogant, I have no problems with their opinions. I love to explain to people why they are wrong, but only if there is evidence to support my claim.

IMO you have to give respect to deserve it. That is not directed at the OP, but just in general, as I have no knowledge of the OP's posting history...Same for all of the above. There are some threads as well that I reply respectfully to, that really make me mad and make we want to spout off, but I hold my fingers.

Mainly when a post is not thought out, is not broken up into paragraphs, is obviously written by a 12 year old, etc...I don't want to discriminate against the younger audience, but I think they, and everyone for that matter, should make their best effort to conform to English grammar standards.

Close rant, lol. So ya, I pretty much agree with you and understand where you are coming from. My advice is just to avoid arguing with people. Post what you want to post, be polite, don't start anything, and go on about your business.

Don't give anyone the satisfaction if they are rude to you. I also can almost guarantee that someone else will stand up for you if someone is out of line. I do it sometimes, and although I have insulted people on the boards, it is never directed at one person...I wouldn't do that. I will say something like "all of you who are saying so and so are close minded" or something to that affect.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
ok, had a few drinks now.. but i will try to write a new thread tomorrow, about me and why i utter the opinions that i do. I really do want to make people understand my opinions.. so.. all for now.. see you on my next thread.. peace out..

new topics

top topics

join