It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Film of Atlantis Re-entry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Taken as Atlantis re-entered over Mexico for the last time.

edit on 7/22/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
If only UFO footage looked as good as this.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Nice video, couldn't tell if they where accelerating while they still had Ion trail behind them, weather it was the camera zoomed in, Than he zoomed out and looked like they gained speed again after their banking. Of Course this all could be an optical Illusion as well. Great footage though.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
They had to film that on a beach, LOL! Outstanding, I think I could hear it a couple of times, damn ocean waves##!

Incredible tail imagine the heat, the speed, it's really clipping along, wow. To the guy above me, its losing speed, that is probably 90% of it's breaking, an other 8% or so comes from it circling after the burn, and the last tiny percent is the parachutes after it lands over 200 mph, then it's actual breaks, Oh, the tail fin also splits open too, acting like that roof sunroof thing on funny cars, or that hatch on the top of an F-15.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Awesome Schuyler!

Thank you for posting. Video nicely captures the trajectory change as it decreases speed from :35 until it is overhead. I also noticed a couple bright flashes. I wonder what kind of stuff bounces of that bird as it comes through the atmosphere?
s+f

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illustronic
They had to film that on a beach, LOL! Outstanding, I think I could hear it a couple of times, damn ocean waves##!

Incredible tail imagine the heat, the speed, it's really clipping along, wow. To the guy above me, its losing speed, that is probably 90% of it's breaking, an other 8% or so comes from it circling after the burn, and the last tiny percent is the parachutes after it lands over 200 mph, then it's actual breaks, Oh, the tail fin also splits open too, acting like that roof sunroof thing on funny cars, or that hatch on the top of an F-15.

Yes. Neat data I have to share for more detail:

The retrograde burn was over the Indian Ocean.

They had encountered the atmosphere at about 400,000 feet (121.8 kilometers/75.67 miles) actually accelerating a little in its descent to more than Mach 25 somewhere south of Pitcairn Island in the South Pacific.

The video is out of Cancun, so the Shuttle was dropping down through Mach 15 (at 57.3 kilometers/35.6 miles altitude) early in the video and down under Mach 13 (54.5 kilometers/33.86 miles) soon after it passed. It is doing a gentle S-turn, just finishing its left roll and beginning to roll right as it passes overhead to squirt through between Cancun and Cuba. At that point-- I think too high and too little air to be heard from the ground.

"Feet Dry" at the Florida Gulf Coast at about Mach 6 (altitude 39.91 kilometers/24.79 miles) and did not get down to airliner altitude and speed until they crossed, "feet wet" over the Atlantic, at which point they made a hard left to loop back to land at the Cape using using the runway 15 approach.

By the way...

All that neat data, of course, courtesy of NASA who looks for ways to share neat stuff with us. I had downloaded some real-time shuttle tracking software. It looked like a server had been down and I sent a note to that effect. First, it got fixed; and second I got a note from a NASA Ascent/Entry Flight Dynamics person to let me know it was working again and thanking me-- like I did anything. Only one other government organization where you know to expect such polite task-accomplishing orientation which is consistently above and beyond expectations-- the American military. Alas! Neither the military or NASA has any use for even a really good theologian!

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing Frira, fascinating. I haven't really looked into such things that in-depth.

top topics

join