It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness says saw 20 dead at Norway youth camp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Witness says saw 20 dead at Norway youth camp

www.reuters.com

A witness said he saw at least 20 bodies after a shooting at a youth camp of the Norwegian Labour party on Friday. Police declined comment on the toll and there was no independent confirmation.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.volkskrant.nl

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Not many comments as of yet, this is breaking news from minutes ago.

I did read in dutch online paper that the norwegian prime minister would give a speach on the island.
This is some mad happening!

Lets hope it stays with this.

My heart goes out to all the people hit by this, what a grim day.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

First Video of the Island

edit on 22-7-2011 by jaamaan because: added videolink

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The official death count is lower so far.
Let's hope it stay's that way.

Nine, perhaps 10, killed in Norway shooting

"The number is 10, possibly nine," deputy Oslo police chief Sveining Sponheim told reporters when asked about the preliminary toll in a shooting on Utoeya island, north west of Oslo.

REUTERS

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The video shows several buildings damaged and debris scattered for what looks like blocks. If all of this was caused by one bomb then it must have been huge.

One wonders what possible reasoning will be forthcoming for this horrible act and who is behind it? It is hard not to want to just seek retribution immediately, but alas that is the sort of thinking that leads to this kind of nonsense in the first place. It accomplishes nothing good.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. The videos I watched were on BBC's site.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Isn't it crazy what people will do just to prove something..

Whether its a false flag attack, or Muslim extremists.

Its sad.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
FYI, NorwayNews is reporting a minimum of 30 killed. I wouldn't expect these numbers to be nailed down for awhile yet.

NorwayNews.Com

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Here a detail picture of the island showing some bodies in the water.

Soft warning !
To some the picture can be disturbing.

It is quite fuzzy but maybe it contains some clue's.
Published by a Norwegian TV station TV2
Link

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
This attack on this island is quite specific, not this kind of large public train station or airport or something but a privatly owned island.

Utøya

Utøya is an island in Tyrifjorden in Hole municipality, in the county of Buskerud, Norway.
Utøya is owned by the political youth party Workers' Youth League (Arbeidernes ungdomsfylking), which holds a summer camp there.
Link

Owned by a political party that held it youth conference there.
This must provide some clue's to what direction to look in.

They say they arrested a white norwegian male so the talks will be about internal terrorism soon i guess.
Are people allowed to own guns in norway ?
Just thinking out load here.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Hours after a massive bomb struck the heart of Oslo, reports began emerging of fresh horror: the indiscriminate shooting of young people attending a youth camp of the ruling Labour Party on an island west of the capital.
(snip)
Her daughter, she said, had hidden in a toilet with four other girls for an hour, keeping in contact by text message.

The girl told her mother the shooting had begun after campers were called to a meeting to hear about the bombing in Oslo, which had occurred several hours earlier.
BBC News

So he got on the island in a police uniform and told them he had to do regular checks because of the bombings in oslo.
Then, if i read this news right, he gathers a crowd by saying he has to do an official announcement.
Quite some planning done here it seems.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

At least 84 people died when a gunman opened fire at an island youth camp in Norway, hours after a deadly bombing in the capital, Oslo, police say.

BBC

This is realy horrible.
Realy makes me think of this sick level in the computer game Modern Warfare where they kill off all the people in the airport.
This happened to be on of his favorite games according to the shooters facebook page.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
The ruling party thought it couldn't
happen to them

think about them saying to each other
*THEIR ON AN ISLAND AGNES*

They can spend money
on anything imaginable, any luxury
but to dumb to have their kid's secured.

GET REAL

They are morons..

90 bodies is nothing compared to
the 9./11 attacks killing thousands
think about all them bodies...

Hitlers millions>>>>??

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by hillynilly

I am not sure what you are trying to say here !?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by hillynilly.

90 bodies is nothing compared to
the 9./11 attacks killing thousands
think about all them bodies...

Hitlers millions>>>>??

It's not a competition you know.... 90 bodies is 90 DEAD PEOPLE.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

edit on 23-7-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
may they rest in peace...
kx

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I cant believe one man was able to kill over 80 people in a matter of 2 hours. The security was obviously not up to par. Sad.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
On an event like this, where they do not suspect any attack and where there are no real VIP's, it is normal that there is hardly any security.

And yes its is odd that this guy was able to shoot so many on his own in 2 hours.
But it is not impossible, the man planned this very well ahead i think, he had the right weapons.
Supposed weapon
And i guess he did some training, in real life as a hunter and with his modern warfare 2 game.
This game features a map of an airport where you have to shoot as many innocent people as possible.

So i do not think it is impossible for one man to do this, in fact it be easier on your own not to get caught in the planning stage.
He had the right guns, plenty of ammo, and enough targets that could not go anywhere and where all in a small place together.
He even got people around him by saying he had to make an official announcement.
With these weapons and a crowd around you i can imagine one could do this kind of damage.

edit on 23-7-2011 by jaamaan because: added weapon link

top topics

join