posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:51 PM
Many of you have gone fishing, but beware dangerous baterias live in those places that could even kill you.
A dentist from Houston, Texas, has died after becoming infected with a flesh-eating bacteria. Dr. Kenneth Dean Creamer, 52, became infected after
suffering a cut to his leg while he was fishing near Port O'Connor, on the Gulf coast, according to officials.
Vibrio vulnificus can cause an infection of the skin when open wounds are exposed to warm seawater; these infections may lead to skin breakdown and
ulceration. Persons who are immunocompromised are at higher risk for invasion of the organism into the bloodstream and potentially fatal
Please visit the link provided for the complete story.
So next time you get a cut while fishing, take it seriously and consult your doctor immediately.