It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Reporting Olso Attacks Revenge For Osama Bin Laden Killing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
At 12:02pm PST CNN is reporting that the attacks in Oslo are revenge for the killing on Osama Bin Laden.

I believe the CNN reporter's name is Mema.

Forbes Article stating the same thing:
Forbes: Oslo Bin Laden Death Links

Local media is speculating with an Al-Qaeda link in the attacks, citing the country’s involvement in Afghanistan and Libya. Norway, a NATO member, has been the target of threats given its support of both the war in Afghanistan against the Taliban and other insurgents, and its participation in the air campaign being waged against Muammar al-Gadhafi’s forces in Libya.

NRK cites terrorism expert Atle Mesoy noting it could have been a car bomb. Mosley sees the act of Islamic jihadists and notes that the death of Osama Bin Laden at the hands of a US Navy Seal Team 6 has sparked the ire of extremists, who vowed revenge on the Western world.

Forbes: Oslo Bin Laden Death Links

This is reckless speculation and complete irresponsible journalism.

Oops, I just accused CNN of being journalistic...sorry

edit on 7/22/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: typo

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
LMAO! Attacking NORWAY for Osama bin Laden's death?

Is this some kind of joke?

Unbelievable! How stupid can CNN get?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Revenge for killing Osama Bin Laden...in Oslo, Norway? If a terrorist wanted revenge wouldn't it make more sense to attack the killer? As far as I know, the US killed Osama not Norway.

CNN draws conclusions too early once again.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Yeah, and it's so typical of al Qaeda to have a guy stand there capping off rounds after a bomb goes off. Our media is a joke. Why are they even printing their own speculations anyway? How ludicrous! I guess evidence and facts don't matter.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I have had CNN on for the past couple hours and it was the first time OBL's name came up.

This tabloid garbage is beyond belief, but just think of how many of the so-called sheeple are sucking this crap up.

This will be used to further the Military Industrial Complex's goals.

As I stated in OP:

Completely irresponsible...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

CNN really cracks me up. Seriously, who in the name of all that is divine will swallow this BS?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
CNN and its view on terrorism and Osama can be seen here as explained by our own Mr Mask.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
How is this for poisoning the mind?

Norway's 9/11?

The immediate question that comes up of course is whether anti-terror preparedness [in Norway] has been of a sufficient scope. It's clear that Norway has significantly strengthened its intelligence and other warning capacities from 2001 up to the present. In fact, last summer, about this time of the year, a different plot was revealed by the Norwegian authorities. It still isn't entirely clear what the aim was, but probably it was Jyllands-Posten, the newspaper that published the caricatures [of Prophet Mohammed] in Denmark, that was the target. I'm sure there's going to be a lot of debate about that, of whether Norway's preparedness is any way behind comparable countries.

i.e. We Need To Spend More Money...Blah, Blah, Blah...Intelligence Failure...Blah, Blah, Blah...Terrorist...

When have we heard this before? Oh yea, September something, what day was that again?

Now that they are planting OBL's name into this story,

Time to add 9/11

Sickening

Norway's 9/11?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
No this is clearly a test to see if the other side of the world is asleep too.

They must have figured if they pushed that lady gaga crap and the wolrd bought it they would try some real whoppers .....

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
IMHO we haven't had a free, responsible or capable journalistic culture since "news" became a media profit center, lumped together with entertainment. I believe it transitions closer every day to a undiluted propaganda vehicle for our Corporate Overlords.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
LMAO! Attacking NORWAY for Osama bin Laden's death?

Is this some kind of joke?

Unbelievable! How stupid can CNN get?

I agree and the script was written even before the bomb blew up.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

Completely irresponsible...

Seriously.......it is unreal.

But see, all they have to do is plant that little seed and those who don't take time to really read up on this event will take it to heart. It's a psychological trick that the media has become very good at.

I mean, this kind of stuff is worthy of stand-up comedy. Really....it is.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

They must have figured if they pushed that lady gaga crap and the wolrd bought it they would try some real whoppers .....

Wait a minute. Are you trying to imply that it's not important for us to know that Lady GaGa wants to take a ride on someone's disco stick?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

CNN really cracks me up. Seriously, who in the name of all that is divine will swallow this BS?

Xcellante.....your avatar is intimidating me.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

I believe the bombing and the shooting were at 2 different locations......

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
At 12:57pm PST Wolf Blitzer came on to state that CNN will not speculate on who is responsible.

An obvious attempt to squelch the previous statement regarding OBL's death link.

BUT, he then went on to say how they speculated on the Times Square Bombing and they were wrong.

He then spoke about how it was more HOME GROWN TERRORISM.

There you have it. No Speculation, just planting that seed of distrusting your neighbor.

This is what happens when we no longer learn any lessons from history.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
This has to be the dumbest thing on TV all week. So according to CNN, the terrorists were so pissed off at Bin Laden's death by the US, they decided to get revenge...by attacking NORWAY. Yup, makes perfect sense

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
this is obviously disinfo. Making people believe these "terrorist" events were caused by "al qaeda" because of the "death" of OBL. yep that makes perfect sense CNN aka CIA.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mac420
this is obviously disinfo. Making people believe these "terrorist" events were caused by "al qaeda" because of the "death" of OBL. yep that makes perfect sense CNN aka CIA.

The spin is on Home Grown Terrorist now:
Th e gunman appeared “tall, blond and [of] Nordic looks” according to reports.

Norwegian police have said that undetonated explosives were also found.

Up to 700 people were believed to be on the island, mostly teenagers aged between 14 to 18.

The gunman appeared “tall, blond and [of] Nordic looks” according to reports.

A reporter from Norwegian TV 2 news channel, Lasse Evensen, said he has spoken to several witnesses at the site.

"They told me that there was a man with light hair and light skin, 190 centimeters tall and well-trained, who pulled out an automatic weapon and opened fire," said Evensen.

Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg had been due to attend the event.

Th e gunman appeared “tall, blond and [of] Nordic looks” according to reports.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
OK, so now that the MSM has plastered the airwaves with accusations towards the Islamic and/or Muslim people, they now are pointing their finger at the Right-wing media for stating it first.

Classic misdirection:
Muslims feel sting of initial blame

Right-wing websites quickly pointed the finger at "jihadis," and Pamela Geller, publisher of the website Atlas Shrugs and executive director of Stop Islamization of America, wrote on her site: "You can ignore jihad, but you cannot avoid the consequences of ignoring jihad."

Counter-terrorism experts soon weighed in, implicating Al Qaeda.

Then Anders Behring Breivik, described by police as a "right-wing Christian fundamentalist," was arrested in connection with the attacks.

Within the Muslim community, there was a sigh of relief that it wasn't someone connected with their religion, but also a sting at being initially scapegoated — not unlike what occurred immediately after the Oklahoma City bombing by right-wing American extremists in 1995.

Muslims feel sting of initial blame

top topics

<<   2 >>

join