It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul to Congress: If Debt Is the Problem, Why Do You Want More of It?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

Originally posted by eNumbra
Logic and reason in economics and politics, goog god Dr. Paul; do you even want to get elected?

Best of circumstances the rest of paul's peers (and I use that loosely) are smply too dumb to get this. Worst case they'll just ignore him and continue robbing the public blind.

As good as it always is to hear the good doctor speak it remains an exercise in futility.

I think people are waking up to the lies and empty promises they usually get from windbag politicians. Logic and reason are hot commodities these days. Don't count him out yet. Money talks, remember. He is at Romney's heels in fundraising so the MSM can't ignore him forever.

The more the people wake up, the faster the Elite work to control things. Everyone is feeling this crazy acceleration. We see it as attempts to control the Internet, which the Elite sees as an instrument which can be used to wake people up and they don't want to lose that control. This is most likely the biggest reasn they want a killswitch on the Internet, then they can have information blackouts when they want to control a situation. People are believing the MSM less and less, and the Statists want to limit people's alternatives. Why do the Chinese censor their networks so much? Too many alternative ideas are a threat to their system of control.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

I love Ron Paul but i doubt his intellectual speeches will have any affect on the majority of congress because the majority of them are bought out by big companies.

so what companies own obama ?

BP Oil ring a bell? Oh wait Obama owns company stock, or wait he used to before the spill.
edit on 23-7-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
You want to see how big out debt is? do you have any comprehension how big it is? This will give you an idea

www.wtfnoway.com/
edit on 23-7-2011 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-7-2011 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069 Obama's telling you that's not water coming over the deck. That's opportunity!
I wish there were a facepalm smiley available.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

Opportunity for him and his globalist buddies, not necessarily for us.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

pauls right on.

the man who should be potus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ron paul 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Funny that you say that here, and yet in this post you attack Dr. Paul for being a 'politician'.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimvelvet

That is why I recommend getting rid of the so called "Free Trade" agreements and Tax the heck out of imported products. Raise the cost of imports to ABOVE the cost of American made products.

That was what tariffs are all about.

Fine. Let's raise tariffs.
I think we do need a little isolationism to protect U.S. jobs.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ren1999

Originally posted by crimvelvet

That is why I recommend getting rid of the so called "Free Trade" agreements and Tax the heck out of imported products. Raise the cost of imports to ABOVE the cost of American made products.

That was what tariffs are all about.

Fine. Let's raise tariffs.
I think we do need a little isolationism to protect U.S. jobs.

All you need to 'protect US jobs' is have Americans who are willing to buy US-made products. As it stands, most americans would rather buy from some slave owner in china than buy a fairy priced product made by their neighbor. Which is how we got here in the first place.If americans prioritized their spending on local products, there would be no need for international trade agreements, tariffs, etc.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 90gsx
reply to post by Scytherius

The wealthy people are our employers, they create jobs. The more revenue the goverment takes from employers, the less jobs they can create.

The government is the problem not the solution

MMMM! That be some good kool-aid!

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
If he isn't elected POTUS, America is truly lost and I fear for her future. Ron Paul may be the only true American left in congress.

I agree, but I'm also extremely worried that he will be another puppet. Don't get me wrong I love the guy and what he stands for... Now. I'm just afraid that once he gets into office he will be controlled like everyone else that has been there trying to do some good.

I think if you track back all the presidents and what they said in their campaigns while running, you will find they did not for fill 1/2 of their so-called Washington agenda. This is why I fear no matter who is in office it will continue to be the same old same old politics, policies and agenda.

Worried... be very worried...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dubiousone

The wealthy people are our employers, they create jobs. The more revenue the goverment takes from employers, the less jobs they can create.

2nd line.

"The happiness of society is the end of government" ~ John Adams 2nd president of the United States

You think he was onto something there????

edit on 24-7-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Wiping the debt off the Fed's balance sheet is of course the thing the financial controllers would never allow-because then would begin the question, why do we use the Fed to create fake debt in the first place, why doesn't the treasury create money without debt?

It would not take a lot of argument to get people to see that the Fed is simply a BS organization that creates fake debt, followed by fake money, then charges interest on it.

RP is of course always the smartest guy in the room, don't think for a second that Bernanke doesnt know what to do-he knows, most of them already know-but they will do what the financial masters tell them to do.

The US will go into very high inflation, possibly hyper inflation-it is fairly certain.

The correct course of action is the hardest-people talk about 'grandma's medication' as if that is the debate. The US has health care monopolies that are very happy with the health care system thanks very much, so much so that they can charge ridiculous prices-making health care too expensive with out assistance.

Now you could approach this in a couple of ways, you could simply get rid of government health care, and send it back to the private sector-but you would also have to address the laws that protect the monopolies, and if you got rid of them-people would not need government health care-because it would be inexpensive

The other way is to keep the government health care-but abolish the monopolies that control and benefit from it-thus making it far less expensive.

As far as defense is concerned, again you could cut military spending by around 80% and have a better protected country.

however those who are invested in it also control most 'terrorist' organizations, specifically the CIA and Mossad-who are simply tools of the financial controllers.

Most of the discussion is purely pointless until the international banking system is wiped out, and even then it is still further pointless until you discard the current legal system which has been designed to protect the financial scum.

The western world needs to have a revolution that both destroys the banking system, and then re-writes the law-otherwise it will not be successful.

Having a legislature and judiciary is a mistake. The law should be natural law, in as simple terms as possible so that all people can understand it-and it should be enacted locally by locally elected people.

Until control of money and law are returned to the people, all the rest of the discussions are fairly pointless.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
As others have likely noted, I think the whole concern over 'debt' is nonsense whipped up by those who controll the masses. "We" don't owe #. They owe it, and much of it they owe back to us.

For years institutions like the IMF and World Bank have shackeled citizens of third world countries with det they did not ask for, debt created from wealth plundered by their so called 'leaders'. Look at most of Africa, Haiti, Bermuda, South and Central America, etc. Now this model is finally being played out in the 'first world', with these lower-rung periphery countries like Ireland and Greece, Spain, much of Eastern Europe, etc taking the first hits. But they are preparing us in N. America for similar measures.

These international rule makers are speaking of 'austerity' for the United States as well. They want to change the narrative so that the people believe this debt is 'our' fault, the people. N, no one will take personal blame. It'll always be a neighbor, and immigrant, a political rival who is to blame. But we will blame each other. That is the plan. They want US (you and me and the dude next to you) to blame each other instead of holding THEM accountable.

So when do we hold them accountable for this enormous debt they have created in their own names, for their own projects, enriching themselves in the process?

This 'debt' is not ours. This 'debt' is an illusion meant to justify the dismantling of our social infrastructure, and eventually our servitude.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SmArTbEaTz

Originally posted by dubiousone

2nd line.

"The happiness of society is the end of government" ~ John Adams 2nd president of the United States

You think he was onto something there????

edit on 24-7-2011 by SmArTbEaTz because: (no reason given)

You don't need to be wealthy or be a mega corporation or a mega conglomerate to create jobs!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackrain17
Get rid of entitlement and end all wars, I like that idea. I really hope America wakes up and elect Ron Paul in 2012 but most people, including my friends, are just ignorant or just don't care. It's an uphill battle but hope he prevails...

Wishful thinking but it ain't gonna happen (unfortunately). Too many people reply on government handouts.

I would much rather see a Public Service for Government Benefit program. Send those wanting the handouts off to fight our wars. Time served is benefit-time earned.
edit on 25-7-2011 by TXRabbit because: spelign

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
As others have likely noted, I think the whole concern over 'debt' is nonsense whipped up by those who controll the masses. "We" don't owe #. They owe it, and much of it they owe back to us.

For years institutions like the IMF and World Bank have shackeled citizens of third world countries with det they did not ask for, debt created from wealth plundered by their so called 'leaders'. Look at most of Africa, Haiti, Bermuda, South and Central America, etc. Now this model is finally being played out in the 'first world', with these lower-rung periphery countries like Ireland and Greece, Spain, much of Eastern Europe, etc taking the first hits. But they are preparing us in N. America for similar measures.

These international rule makers are speaking of 'austerity' for the United States as well. They want to change the narrative so that the people believe this debt is 'our' fault, the people. N, no one will take personal blame. It'll always be a neighbor, and immigrant, a political rival who is to blame. But we will blame each other. That is the plan. They want US (you and me and the dude next to you) to blame each other instead of holding THEM accountable.

So when do we hold them accountable for this enormous debt they have created in their own names, for their own projects, enriching themselves in the process?

This 'debt' is not ours. This 'debt' is an illusion meant to justify the dismantling of our social infrastructure, and eventually our servitude.

The debt is the government's, which means it OUR debt. We hold them accountable by voting different people into office that make policies more in line with the public's way of thinking...

Or that's how it's SUPPOSED to work anyway. The problem is that people's political memory is very short and we're quite forgiving unless you show your junk or screw someone who isn't your spouse. We're so easy to distract.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXRabbit

Originally posted by blackrain17
Get rid of entitlement and end all wars, I like that idea. I really hope America wakes up and elect Ron Paul in 2012 but most people, including my friends, are just ignorant or just don't care. It's an uphill battle but hope he prevails...

Wishful thinking but it ain't gonna happen (unfortunately). Too many people reply on government handouts.

I would much rather see a Public Service for Government Benefit program. Send those wanting the handouts off to fight our wars. Time served is benefit-time earned.
edit on 25-7-2011 by TXRabbit because: spelign

What sort of 'handouts' are you referring to? Unemployment for the (formerly) working father? Foodstamps for the single mother of three?

OR the Bilions given away to Big oil, Agri, Pharma, etc?

Because i tend tho think anyone whining about poor people getting 'handouts' while ignoring the major multinationals who get the real handouts is being awfully silly

edit on 25-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I completely agree with Ron Paul on not raising the debt limit. Why does the government operate this country so stupidly? If I am broke how is another credit card going to help me? Another credit card just leads to future failure.

If we default so be it. This country needs to live like an average American. We will just have to deal with the consequences.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Campy61
I completely agree with Ron Paul on not raising the debt limit. Why does the government operate this country so stupidly? If I am broke how is another credit card going to help me? Another credit card just leads to future failure.

If we default so be it. This country needs to live like an average American. We will just have to deal with the consequences.

Ron Paul knows what the problems really are and that is why he is painted as a nut and ignored and berated in the MSM. Inside the Beltway doesn't want the unclean masses outside their little Valhalla to catch on and boot their behinds.

Ron Paul to Congress: Stop Stealing from the American People
July 26, 2011

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Another credit card gives you the better chance and relief to focus on paying back debts, without the harassments and threats from the first credit card bank, as long as you are sincere enough to sort out your finances to get out of debts.

Ron Paul and many others here may be rich and had no debts before, or others simply believing it is better to be a declared bankrupt than to pay back what is owed for spending it lavishly on oneself, more so when one is fully capable of paying it back, unlike the old or the infirmed whom of no such capability and would definately need charitable help.

Unfortunately, the debt crises affect more than just one person, not only the nation, but the world. Screw it up, default, and we will only invite the likes of right wingers such as the insane Hitler to drag us into amageddon this time with our much improved hi tech weapons.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Another credit card gives you the better chance and relief to focus on paying back debts, without the harassments and threats from the first credit card bank, as long as you are sincere enough to sort out your finances to get out of debts.

Not when you have been doing and saying the same thing for 40+ years. Remember the Graham/Rudeman act? That was passed 25 years ago and forbid congress from deficit spending. Hues they forgot about that.... Continuing to raise the credit limit of an irresponsible borrower is stupidity. In this case they know they can just pin more debt on the people so why should they care as long as they can spend more.

Ron Paul and many others here may be rich and had no debts before,

That is an ignorant statement if I ever heard one. Ron Paul and most of the "so called rich" are self made men. They Know debt all to well because they struggled with it on thier way to the up. Its only the politically connected who got rich as a result of thier pocket politicians passing laws eliminating thier competition that don't deserve thier wealth.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join