It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fair and open challenge to remote viewers, psychics or anyone who is up for this test.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
Allrighteeoo...

I have never tried remote viewing before, so it was quite an interesting experience.

I tried every night to do some viewing, and every night I had a totally different result.

I tried the following method: sit still and clear my mind, put out the intention of seeing inside the box, keeping the object in mind as per the photo; and focus on the location as per the Google link. The very distinct images should be ignored as those are subconscious images - apparantly it would be the faint fuzzy images that could be the real thing.

So - first night I did not have much luck. First and only thing I saw was a $ 1 bill - which is hilarious, as I am not even in the USA and have never even had the opportunity to see a dollar up close.

Our local bakery supplies all kinds of yummy goodies in white boxes like these. So no surprise that my subconscious mind kept throwing out chocolate-covered doughnuts on the second night!

Third night I probably had the clearest yet "indistinct" (therefore the best candidate) image. I saw a long thin metal tube with either a decorative or rough surface (like one would find on the gripping section of a flashlight). A light shone from one end. It was either therefore a pen-light of sorts, or a small torch / flashlight.

Fourth and consecutive nights - nothing - nada - not a hit - not even a subconscious image. I couldn't get a feel for the box, I couldn't get a feel for its contents. It was like it didn't exist.

Anyhows - that is my whole story for what it is worth. I am very interested to see the result - I do hope that somebody at least got some of the points right as you went to a lot of trouble with this test. It would be great to have some confirmation of the validity of RV. Thanks - it was most interesting.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Excellent responses so far
.. I like the level of detail

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
reply to post by Universer

I will participate if i remember the thread, but here my thoughts:

The problem is in the fact that the size etc. of the box already implies it cannot be certain things, eg..it should be obvious it cannot be a bike or a real life size boat

Hey I just wanted to mention that you've falsely quoted me here by accident. I didn't say that.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
OK, I guess it's open?

I'm not a remote viewer, I just get impressions. When I read the original post I saw what I think is a child's toy. It looks like a rocket shape to me. The colors I get are blue (main part) and red (wing things), but to be honest, I am usually way off on colors.

Confidence: low. But I thought I would record it just for the hell of it. Thanks!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Ok, here is what i "saw".

When i was looking at the box-picture, i got the impression of a cone. A longish, tube, cone-shaped thing.
In addition to the cone shape, i also "got" the impression of spirals and "rotation". Maybe something like a cone twisted around its axis.

The colors i "received" were blue, reddish but also gold/metal...but as far as i remember blue was most dominant.

For some very, odd reason, i deducted "unicorn". (But i think this is false because i started to rationally THINK what it could be), so i figured it might be some kind of toy/figurine...and i thought "unicorn" probably with the "cone" thing being it's horn

Then...even more "false" rationale....for some reason i thought "pencil sharpener".... which would explain the "cone" (opening where you insert the pen, rotation etc..)..and the gold/metallic impression coming from the metal part of the sharpener.

Of course, i will be way, way off

Edit: The similiarities with some other people is..striking..."rocket shape", "tube"...i am perplexed

Confidence: Very low
edit on 29-7-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Here's is what it may possibly be(according to me D: ):

-something that is buoyant
-something that a child can amuse themselves with easily(like a toy or sumin')
-smooth, (like plastic)
- a brightish colour, I keep thinking yellow

My rational mind leads me to conclude that this is..a(or an o.o) yellow rubber ducky.

So, I figured I'd post my answer(I almost forgot about this, lol). I don't believe I'll get it right, mostly because of my lack of experience, but maybe my luck(seriously, it's absurd how fortunate I am) will win out on this one.

Look forward to seeing what's in the box.

eta: I just realized how incredibly vague my answer is.

edit on 29-7-2011 by xawesomepants because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-7-2011 by xawesomepants because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It's round...
Correction! It's spherical...
It is approx. 3" in diameter...
It is made of 2 pieces of bleached cowhide (surrounding a hard core center wrapped in twine), held together by red thread.
On the object is the word 'Rawlings' in cursive writing.

It is a Baseball!

(I've never tried this before, but about have way through reading the OP, I had a 'flash' of the image of a 'Rawlings' baseball in my mind...So I posted it! Chances are, it was more than likely just a quick sudden thought of my own, but you never know!)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
First things that popped into my head was that it was either a stapler or a paperweight no effort put in beyond this guess haha, but ya never know!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Hows about a white coffee mug with a black panda bear on it??

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm going to say it's a dragon-headed condom, illegal in this state.

(If anyone gets that joke, you will be my best friend forever.)

Seriously, though, this is a great test, and I cannot wait to see the results.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
A computer mouse

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
LOL, I do not think that the outcome of this challenge will be of any surprise to anyone here.

Folks here make a million predictions a year and yet not ONE of them comes true.

Yup, we have some real remote viewers and physics here for sure!!!!!

All TALK and NO RESULTS!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by pplrnuts

Your contribution to the thread is noted.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
A remote viewing experiment on ATS...what a unique and exciting concept!!

ok, I'll play...........

edit on 29-7-2011 by whaaa because: code 9

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's a black, small, portable stapler.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
computer mouse, stapler etc...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I'm a bit late to arrive because my dinner plans ran long, but alas I'm here! at this time I will ask if anyone has any further guessing, to do it now because I'm about to go back and write up a summary of the results as well as reveal the object in question =)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Universer

Originally posted by miniatus

I will participate if i remember the thread, but here my thoughts:

The problem is in the fact that the size etc. of the box already implies it cannot be certain things, eg..it should be obvious it cannot be a bike or a real life size boat

Hey I just wanted to mention that you've falsely quoted me here by accident. I didn't say that.

My apologies, I was at the office and busy .. forgive the mistaken quoting.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
OFFICIALLY CLOSED .. no more guessing allow ..
the next post will contain the summary of guesses, after that I will post the reveal ..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
THE SUMMARY OF ANSWERS - And I must add I'm quite happy with the level of participation

The Cusp - Page 2

It's not quite midnight yet, but I'm going to go ahead and post my attempt anyways.

-Hard
-Not smooth like glass, but not rough either
-about the size of a baby's fist
-Curved, Kind of like a half doughnut, but not exactly. One side is curved in more, sort of like a snail's shell.
-Pinkish, with some darker gray or brown.

My confidence in my attempt is only 5 out of 10. It's been a long time since I've tried this, but this attempt did sort of feel like previous successful attempt I pulled of in the past.

========================================================================================

Balkan - Page 2

My first instinct was a rock, chalky colored, size of a fist or slightly smaller, round but rough. Perhaps a paper weight of some sort.

When I gave it some effort I came up with a small Godzilla toy. Not joking, that's what I came up with.

The winner should win a song written by the OP btw.

COMMENT: You got it, the winner will get a song .. lol

========================================================================================

timidgal - Page 2

My guess is that it is a blue or black cloth baseball cap with white stitching on the front.

Timidgal

shimmeringsilver73 - Page 3

So - first night I did not have much luck. First and only thing I saw was a $ 1 bill - which is hilarious, as I am not even in the USA and have never even had the opportunity to see a dollar up close.

Our local bakery supplies all kinds of yummy goodies in white boxes like these. So no surprise that my subconscious mind kept throwing out chocolate-covered doughnuts on the second night!

Third night I probably had the clearest yet "indistinct" (therefore the best candidate) image. I saw a long thin metal tube with either a decorative or rough surface (like one would find on the gripping section of a flashlight). A light shone from one end. It was either therefore a pen-light of sorts, or a small torch / flashlight.

Fourth and consecutive nights - nothing - nada - not a hit - not even a subconscious image. I couldn't get a feel for the box, I couldn't get a feel for its contents. It was like it didn't exist.

Anyhows - that is my whole story for what it is worth. I am very interested to see the result - I do hope that somebody at least got some of the points right as you went to a lot of trouble with this test. It would be great to have some confirmation of the validity of RV. Thanks - it was most interesting.

Unviverser - Page 3

OK, I guess it's open?

I'm not a remote viewer, I just get impressions. When I read the original post I saw what I think is a child's toy. It looks like a rocket shape to me. The colors I get are blue (main part) and red (wing things), but to be honest, I am usually way off on colors.

Confidence: low. But I thought I would record it just for the hell of it. Thanks!

Flexy123 - Page 3

Ok, here is what i "saw".

When i was looking at the box-picture, i got the impression of a cone. A longish, tube, cone-shaped thing.
In addition to the cone shape, i also "got" the impression of spirals and "rotation". Maybe something like a cone twisted around its axis.

The colors i "received" were blue, reddish but also gold/metal...but as far as i remember blue was most dominant.

For some very, odd reason, i deducted "unicorn". (But i think this is false because i started to rationally THINK what it could be), so i figured it might be some kind of toy/figurine...and i thought "unicorn" probably with the "cone" thing being it's horn

Then...even more "false" rationale....for some reason i thought "pencil sharpener".... which would explain the "cone" (opening where you insert the pen, rotation etc..)..and the gold/metallic impression coming from the metal part of the sharpener.

Of course, i will be way, way off

Edit: The similiarities with some other people is..striking..."rocket shape", "tube"...i am perplexed

Confidence: Very low

xawesomepants - Page 3

Here's is what it may possibly be(according to me D: ):

-something that is buoyant
-something that a child can amuse themselves with easily(like a toy or sumin')
-smooth, (like plastic)
- a brightish colour, I keep thinking yellow

My rational mind leads me to conclude that this is..a(or an o.o) yellow rubber ducky.

So, I figured I'd post my answer(I almost forgot about this, lol). I don't believe I'll get it right, mostly because of my lack of experience, but maybe my luck(seriously, it's absurd how fortunate I am) will win out on this one.

Look forward to seeing what's in the box.

eta: I just realized how incredibly vague my answer is

BrandTorny - Page 3

It's round...
Correction! It's spherical...
It is approx. 3" in diameter...
It is made of 2 pieces of bleached cowhide (surrounding a hard core center wrapped in twine), held together by red thread.
On the object is the word 'Rawlings' in cursive writing.

It is a Baseball!

(I've never tried this before, but about have way through reading the OP, I had a 'flash' of the image of a 'Rawlings' baseball in my mind...So I posted it! Chances are, it was more than likely just a quick sudden thought of my own, but you never know!)

WafflesOMD - Page 3

First things that popped into my head was that it was either a stapler or a paperweight no effort put in beyond this guess haha, but ya never know!!!

one4all - Page 3

Hows about a white coffee mug with a black panda bear on it??

Solasis - Page 3

I'm going to say it's a dragon-headed condom, illegal in this state.

(If anyone gets that joke, you will be my best friend forever.)

Seriously, though, this is a great test, and I cannot wait to see the results.

LEFT IN FOR HUMOR

Witness2008 - Page 3

A computer mouse

mig691000 - Page 3

It's a black, small, portable stapler.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join