It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A fair and open challenge to remote viewers, psychics or anyone who is up for this test.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentleman!

I'm posting this test as a secondary test to one I conducted yesterday, the response was excellent however in my opinion none of the respondants succeeded in identifying the drawing I created.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

PLEASE READ THIS POST IN IT'S ENTIRETY!!!

During the test a lot of feedback was posted and it's because of that feedback that I am now altering some of the testing parameters so that I think this test should actually be considerably easier for those with the gift of Remote Viewing, however! I want to set some things straight from the beginning.

WHO IS THIS TEST FOR?

Anyone who feels they have the ability to achieve the goal, primarily remote viewers! but if you have some sort of gift that is able to provide you the answer to the test I'm about to propose, then use it ( unless it's hiring ninjas, that doesn't count )

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS TEST?

It isn't to disprove remote viewing, it's not to mock anyone who makes the claim that they have such a gift. It's merely to provide a method of testing that is both fair and CANNOT be tampered with. It is meant to be both completely fair, and why not fun?

WHAT IS THE TEST?

It's quite simple. I have taken an ordinary object and placed it inside of a white box and this box will not move from it's current location at any point during the test period. I will provide a photograph of the box at the bottom of this message as well as a link to a zip file that everyone who reads this is welcomed and encouraged to download, in fact, this zip file is insurance for the tests integrity.

Inside the zip file is another zip file, and inside of that.. one more zip file.. The final zip file contains a photo of what is actually inside of the box. Each zip file is password protected with AE256 encryption, you will not be brute forcing these passwords within your life time so it's not worth even attempting to, however.. if you want to try be my guest. At the conclusion of the test, the passwords for the zip files will be provided to you so that you can extract them and see the photo for yourself.. this eliminates the possibility of me changing the object at any time during the test period.

As part of the feedback, I also am told that an RVer needs to know an approximate location so I will also give a general location on google maps via a link.

WHAT ARE THE RULES?

The rules are simple.

1. DO NOT post your guesses in the forum this week, please wait until I ask for them. ( see the bottom of this post )
2. DO NOT ask me for hints, I won't provide any.
3. I'm not here to debate philosophy or idealogy, I'm just facilitating a fair test

4. No flaming or disrespect to others, please.
5. That's about it.

You may work together as a team, you can discuss techniques openly, you may use any method you deem will provide you the best result whether it be remote viewing, some sort of out of body experience, a form of ESP.. anything you think will get the job done.

WHAT SHOULD MY ANSWER CONTAIN?

Describe the object as detailed as possible, I would like to know what color the object is, what it is made of, what it might be used for.. what is it's shape? as much as you can provide to allow a clear identification.

ALSO .. Please detail the method you used if possible.

WHEN DOES THE TEST BEGIN?

Now.. the moment you read this, the test has begun and it will conclude on July 29th at 6:00PM EST

DOWNLOADS

Click here to view a photo of the box containing the object

Click here to download the encrypted zip file with the answer ( hotfile.com )

Same as above but this is a direct link hosted on my website

Google Maps

Note: the building containing the box is in this map, you don't have to scroll around to see it.. I'm not going to tell you exactly which building the box is in.

IMPORTANT!!!!! - AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE TEST PERIOD, people may start posting their guesses which means at 6pm EST on July 29 you may proceed to post what you believe it is ( please see above for what I'm looking for ) .. Then after a few hours, or perhaps even a day if people keep guessing.. I will post the photo of the object as well as the passwords to the zip files.
edit on 22-7-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-7-2011 by miniatus because: Corrected the downloads section

edit on 22-7-2011 by miniatus because: Typo - GRRR

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Note to mods and members:

Mods - If you feel this should be moved to a better suited location, by all means please do

Members - If you know another forum where this might be of interest, let me know and I'll probably conduct similar tests there after this one is concluded.

As always, feedback is encouraged.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

dunno mate, its pretty long. couldnt you just gimme the jist of it lol

just kiddin

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Question to the observers
If some ATS members speak on certain conspiracy related topics, which is basically ALL of ATS and then these rv threads come up and they the ATS members produce accurate info from rv test. Does this in turn mean that this evaluation can be somewhat used to verify accuracy in what the members post.... UM JUST SAYEN

Just came to mind
figured I would ask?
edit on 7/22/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

No disrespect miniatus but I have a question for you...
Are you making any money from sending other members to hotfile.com?
I read the privacy policy and it goes something like this....

Premium Referrals: You will be paid five percent (5%) of the total price of the first Premium account purchased by anyone who comes to Hotfile from your website. In order to be consider as having come from your website, users must follow a clickable link that leads directly to content stored using the Hotfile Service.
Affiliate Referrals: You will be paid twenty percent (20%) of the income received by Affiliates who sign up as Hotfile Affiliates as the result of clicking a referral link generated using the “My Referrals” page in your Hotfile Affiliate Account.
Downloads: You may be paid for downloads of files that you have uploaded and stored using the Hotfile Service. Whether you receive payment and the amount of payment you receive will depend on your Affiliate status (Copper, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum), the number of downloads, and the amount of data downloaded. Your Affiliate status depends mainly on your conversion ratio, which includes (1) the ratio of the number of users that downloaded your files to the number of those users that sign up for Premium accounts, and (2) the ratio of the number of uploaded files to the number of downloads. Payment will be made in accordance with the “Earnings Table” on the Hotfile Affiliates Page.

You have posted a number of other "games" with links on ATS that also sends members to retrieve zipped files.
Chances are, you get a few members to purchase and you get a few bucks ...
am I totally wrong?
If so, I sincerely apologize.
It is just that a lot of people fail to read privacy policies these days.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
i dont normally beleive these sorts of things but the first thing io thought of wehn reading it was a soft toy, black n white dog maybe.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bartibog

No disrespect miniatus but I have a question for you...
Are you making any money from sending other members to hotfile.com?
I read the privacy policy and it goes something like this....

--- Snip ----

You have posted a number of other "games" with links on ATS that also sends members to retrieve zipped files.
Chances are, you get a few members to purchase and you get a few bucks ...
am I totally wrong?
If so, I sincerely apologize.
It is just that a lot of people fail to read privacy policies these days.

I've posted ONE other game.. I'm not affiliated with hotfile
in fact I will change it out if you want .. I can put it up on my own website .. I just didn't want to pay for the traffic spike.

I chose a file uploading service because I can't swap out the zip file, I chose hotfile because megaupload wasn't working for me .. and in the last test I used megaupload and rapidshare ..

I AM NOT MAKING MONEY ON REFERRALS.. I promise you .. i'll add a link directly to my own website.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
UPDATED THE ORIGINAL POST

The downloads section now has a direct link to my site to pull the file down.. if you are uncomfortable with hotfile or you think I'm making money off the link ( which I am not, I assure you ) then please use the link to the file hosted on my site.. it's a direct link.. If the link stops working, be patient and try again later.. my hosting provider is not known for being stable 24/7

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
[more

Thanks miniatus...I was just curious as it is getting harder and harder to trust the internet these day, with all that is going on...Again, I meant no disrespect or implied accusations...Take care.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bartibog
[more

Thanks miniatus...I was just curious as it is getting harder and harder to trust the internet these day, with all that is going on...Again, I meant no disrespect or implied accusations...Take care.

Absolutely not a problem - After the last test I got rather used to questions which helped me alter how I did this second test.. I'm trying to make it as fair and open as possible, so any concerns like that are going to be taken seriously..

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
i dont normally beleive these sorts of things but the first thing io thought of wehn reading it was a soft toy, black n white dog maybe.

Please don't post guesses
see the original post, I made some updates under the rules.. I'm not looking for any guesses until the test period has concluded, then guesses will be taken in for perhaps a day, and after that I'll organize them all into one post along with passwords to the zip files and a photo of the object.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen,

That's how you open your post and I feel says everything about the post, PT Barnum for the internet age. I ask you why would the CIA invest money in what you are asking which is basically a circus trick.
So you think they would invest money in trying to find out what cards Mr Putin is holding whilst playing poker with his cronies. You have taken one set of circumstances ie: placing something in a locked box and transfering it to some magic internet bank and dont forget.............roll of drums..........the magic key to that box and lo and behold ladies and gentlemen the truth shall be revealed, by you of course. Have you now not solved all the mysteries of the mind. We'll leave aside the inherent sampling corruptions in your test.
The programs mentioned with regards to distant reading/mind control whatever. Are to do with that. Mind control and where you hid your favourite Star Wars figure hardly advances that agenda. Oh! but wait you say, because no doubt you love the James Bond films......we might be able to get the nuclear codes from out of the President's/Prime Minister's/King's head. All now created by algorithm you'd need Annonymous now not David Copperfield.
Nowhere do you consider what the programme is about because should such a party trick be possible it tells nothing about the inner workings of the mind and that is what they are after. The inner workings of the mind to influence those minds, somebody telling you which card you picked out of a pack is very unlikely to affect your voting patterns nor your perspective on the world and hence how you accept national or foreign policy. It works especially with belief systems and the creation of mass hysteria. Please do not make the mistake of thinking that proving anything to you or indeed the masses in general is of any scientific or political value whatsoever. The idea is to make somebody think or believe, or indeed act in ways outside of their normal behaviour patterns without them knowing or accepting that change in their values and belief system.
They like to control things and entertaining you with card tricks in between infomation 'news' and the X Factor they leave to others well versed in the smoke and mirrors you seem to seek. Hey but what do I know..........on with the show, roll up, roll up.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by goldentorch
Ladies and Gentlemen,

That's how you open your post and I feel says everything about the post, PT Barnum for the internet age. I ask you why would the CIA invest money in what you are asking which is basically a circus trick.

You read far too much into things.. I'm not going to bother going into an in depth response on this one. I meant no offense with my opening, I'm sorry something like that put you off.. but you have grossly misunderstood the intent.

Out of respect however, I will adjust my greeting for those sensitive to such a thing

Regards

Edit: Unable to update my post, it's been four hours.. sorry, you do not have to take part in this test.. but I do ask you to be respectful if possible.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Agreed I may have been a little sharp in my reply but for various reasons it hits a raw nerve. No I'll not make any further intrusions on the thread after this apology.

P.S. Thanks for the consideration in attempting the change.
edit on 22/7/11 by goldentorch because: ps

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Agreed I may have been a little sharp in my reply but for various reasons it hits a raw nerve. No I'll not make any further intrusions on the thread after this apology.

That's very gracious of you and I appreciate it.. and I mean no ill intent with what I'm doing here, I assure you.. the forum is Paranormal Investigation and I think far too often these tests are not well conceived and leave too many questions.. I did the previous test and walked away with some lessons on how to improve it based on the great feedback and participation I received. I'm not here to mock anyone and I'm not here to prove or disprove anything.. I am sincerely just providing the test after I thought of a way to conduct it in a secure way.. the encrypted zip file is just to keep me honest.

I was never rude to the participants, and I never put them down.. I was engaged a couple of times, but I am trying to actively avoid that this go round.. the thread isn't about that.. I don't mind discussing outside of this thread however, or even via u2u .. but only respectfully.

My intentions were never to debate, argue, or be skeptical towards anyone.. just provide a thought out test.

Thanks for putting forth your thoughts, and being very respectful about it.. I didn't mean to offend with that opening, honestly.

PS. Ps.
.. No problem, It's kind of a habit of mine when I'm doing presentations for work and in group e-mails, I never really equated it to a circus.. just how I address a group of people, plus I figured a lot of the people from my previous thread would be joining so it was really just a playful greeting.. nothing rude.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Since you've just pulled me back in the debate a two questions.

Can you put in a nutshell just what you are hoping to achieve. It is a little like reversing the 'Psychic's' cold calling and if enough people respond you might just get the answer you seek. Give an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of typewriters as they say.
Secondly have you ever watched a guy called Derren Brown, if not remedy this part of your education I am very rarely impressed with magicians and mind games but this guy goes much further and tells you how he works. Not sure what country you are in but he has a host of programmes on British TV's 4OD which of course is online. If not there are videos floating around on the tube.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Can you put in a nutshell just what you are hoping to achieve. It is a little like reversing the 'Psychic's' cold calling and if enough people respond you might just get the answer you seek. Give an infinite number of monkeys an infinite number of typewriters as they say.

Looking to achieve nothing.. I don't even judge the results, I merely present them in a summary and allow the viewers of the thread to look it over.. I'm merely facilitating what I believe is a fair test and I'm preventing tampering using the encrypted zip file so that the object in question isn't switched out.. I've also made three changes to the previous test as requested by participants that should in theory make it easier, but I only conceded to do so because I felt it didn't damage the integrity of the test.

Ultimately it's just a platform that those with the gift can use to test their abilities, and as I found, also for those who think they might have the gift, to test themselves as well.. several participated anonymously via u2u, and I suspect many more participated at home without posting their results.. that's perfectly fine.

Secondly have you ever watched a guy called Derren Brown, if not remedy this part of your education I am very rarely impressed with magicians and mind games but this guy goes much further and tells you how he works. Not sure what country you are in but he has a host of programmes on British TV's 4OD which of course is online. If not there are videos floating around on the tube.

I admit I haven't, but I will absolutely check him out.. I'm from the USA, I provided a google map location of where the object is.. I was at work when I set up this test so the object ( and the box it is contained within ) are at my office now and will remain there
I'm in Ohio .. I'm hugely interested in british programming .. I'll find some youtube videos, or better yet if you have any specific videos you think I should check out, u2u them to me and I'll have a go.

Thanks again

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
For the record, the topic with goldentorch has gone to u2u and I would say it's quite amicable
I realized I know the person he's mentioned.. but nevertheless, there's no ill will that I know of.

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more conversation here, I can tell lots of people have downloaded the zip from my site, I can't tell how many have from hotfile.. but I'm encouraged nevertheless.. I'm hoping people participate at the conclusion of the test, I realize a week is a long time to watch a topic but that's what people wanted
doesn't mean it has to be silent..

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
The topic is eerily quiet, but the stars and flags keep popping in randomly so I know people are monitoring, so I'll keep with this one..

The test period will conclude as scheduled, I hope the ops allow this to remain open .. when the test period ends, I will begin accepting guesses.. if you want to guess publically, please do.. that is the preferred way.. if you submit your guesses via u2u I will assume it's anonymous .. I won't reveal your identity, but I will include you in the results as anonymous.. keep in mind if you choose to be anonymous .. if you peg it 100% I won't acknowledge it.. I can but it won't make much difference... if you want your guess to be included, you must post it publically .. if you're wanting to just test yourself and you don't care about recognition in any way, then feel free to use u2u ..

This test isn't about fame anyway.. but keep that in mind from the start

EDIT: I still do not want guesses until the test period concludes.
edit on 23-7-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I would like to participate. Hopefully I remember.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join