It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military-Inmate Complex. Making US Patriot Missiles for .23 cents/hour - VIDEO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
RT Video states that Prison Labor is being used to make PATRIOT MISSILES.

At .23 cents an hour...

WoW! Really?

So now, people who have killed are making weapons that kill. Oh Sweet Irony

YouTube Video Link

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
chinese cheap labour in us military camps .. doesn't surprise me .

why help your american people with jobs when you can get inmates to do it pennies on the dollar..

this is sick disturbing and really makes me question why im on this planet with such people ...

seriously this has got to be some sort of sick joke .. where they put good people on the planet with such pricks who take advantage without any sort of empthy ...

i know profit is the bottom line but really....

how do i get off this planet ?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Wow.... just wow. The world gets worse every day. Or perhaps we just wake up to our surroundings and/or reality (the way things really are) a bit more everyday?

Hmm....

Oh well, good thing I am a moon man.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Yer thats pretty disturbing.

Doesnt surprise me though...
edit on 22-7-2011 by BillyBoBBizWorth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Great reveling article exposing this issue somewhat more:
21st-Century Slaves: How Corporations Exploit Prison Labor

In the eyes of the corporation, inmate labor is a brilliant strategy in the eternal quest to maximize profit. By dipping into the prison labor pool, companies have their pick of workers who are not only cheap but easily controlled. Companies are free to avoid providing benefits like health insurance or sick days, while simultaneously paying little to no wages. They don’t need to worry about unions or demands for vacation time or raises. Inmate workers are full-time and never late or absent because of family problems.

If they refuse to work, they are moved to disciplinary housing and lose canteen privileges along with “good time” credit that reduces their sentences. To top it off, the federal government subsidizes the use of inmate labor by private companies through lucrative tax write-offs. Under the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC), private-sector employers earn a tax credit of $2,400 for every work release inmate they employ as a reward for hiring “risky target groups” and they can earn back up to 40 percent of the wages they pay annually to “target group workers.”

21st-Century Slaves: How Corporations Exploit Prison Labor

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

how do i get off this planet ?

I've been asking myself the same question for years.

second

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

why help your american people with jobs when you can get inmates to do it pennies on the dollar..

We'll all have jobs soon enough. And free room and board too.

There's a reason SWAT teams are being used for every little thing and every time a new law is passed it just stacks on top of the other laws further broadening the available criminal pool.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
'average cost to house inmates in prison e how' is $129.04 a day or $903.28 week per inmate
.23 cents an hour for 8 hours a day is $1.84 and for a 5 day week is $9.20 per inmate in wages
That works out to $127.73 a day per inmate to house etc. subtracting out wages
For a work force of 20,000 that works out to $2,554,600.00 a day in cost to the tax payer

The ethical questions are huge but those aside, the DOD already has a budget and within that budget they would be paying a workforce of 20,0000 at, let's say, $10 hour for an 8 hour day, at least 8 million a day. In this scenario they are not only NOT paying 8 million a day but additionally they are getting someone else to pay 2 1/2 million a day toward their efforts. WHERE are these savings going? WHERE is the money?

The DOD already went to congress and got a budget approved for patriot missiles and believe me they didn't stop by San Quentin on the way there to see if they could get them made cheaper and factor that into the budget they presented to congress.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

Prison labor should only be used to perform public services such as life sustaining functions of society (e.g. food production, community infrastructure, and other public works projects). Why not use prison labor to help society rather then undercut the overall job market. Prison labor could be very useful to society in distressed industries that are necessary and provide benefits to all. Everyone could benefit from cheaper food, even the farmer could benefit from cheaper labor. But, NOOOO...we give mega corporations cheap slave labor that produce no benefit for society other then lining the pockets of the rich and mega wealthy.
edit on 22-7-2011 by ExPostFacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by luxordelphi

Great points. This is government funded labor for big business. We the tax payers receive no benefit from this arrangement. Put them to work saving us tax dollars instead of providing profits for the military complex.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Do you have a better source than Russia Today? As it stands right now they have a pretty poor record, even worse than Fox News.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17

Do you have a better source than Russia Today? As it stands right now they have a pretty poor record, even worse than Fox News.

Daily Kos

Atlantic Wire

Wired Magazine

AlterNet

Yahoo! News

Reddit

Republic Broadcasting Network

Google News

Plus Hundreds More If Required:
Google Search: Patriot Missiles Prison Labor

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Those of you who have ever wondered why the system is throwing so many people into its own belly? This is why. For-profit prisons and cheap labor.

It's nothing different from the chain gang system of the early 20th century; round up the "undesirables" and make slaves out of them.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Thanks.

Quite an odd situation, but if these are lifers might as well get some use out of them.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

en.wikipedia.org...
www.libertyforlife.com...

soon it will be you and me, side by side, making these things for free out of fear of death, for ourselves and families...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
prison inmates making one of the most techonolgical weapon systems

yeah ok like i really beleive this.

do tell just how many rocket scienctists are in prisions these days ?

rt russian news isnt it?

alrighty then people beleive anything on here.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Prisoners used to make the Federal/Military license plates for vehicles.

After 9-11 for "security reasons" it was contracted out and now some very smart fat cat is making a killing doing it instead of having prisoners make them.

PLUS they put expiration dates on the new Federal license plates.....so they HAVE TO BUY NEW ONES after a couple years.

Brilliant!

If they aren't making license plates in prisons anymore.....I highly doubt much if anything is made in prisons now.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Well. First of all only people go to Prison are people who commit crime or convicted of one.

Ofcourse its not free labor but let this be a punishment in itself (working for peanuts) instead of what they could have been making outside the prison.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

yeah those are really slave wages when they get free room and board free food free healthcare

and all they have to do is make a wiring harness.

someone in this thread just love to sensationalize things.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

I am looking at it from a different perspective.

If the prisoners are to work for low wages, shouldn't they do something to help out their victim and/or society.
i.e. paying their debt to society

My issue is with the vast unemployment, our tax dollars going to the Military Industrial Complex and then having the MIC profit further from war by not creating jobs by using prison labor.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join