It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Things i hate about ATS Posters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I love most of ATS but there some things i hate. Two of which i must rant...

What the hell is up with "Second Line." I don't even know what that means. Is it the second line of what they quoted? Is it so they get two lines? I don't think i've ever posted a one liner post in ATS, i know its against the rules so do posts with 1 liners get deleted? Is the the point of the "Second Line?" If that's so then why the hell would you even post, obviously whatever you are saying has no contribution the the thread, unless i guess its an answer to a question someone asked.

Also S+F! Whats up with that. Do people expect to get goodies by stating they Stared and Flagged something? Why do people need to state "Oh yeah i stared and Flagged you bro, give me a cookie.

Attention ATS Whores.

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Star and flag.

Second line.

Sorry mate, you were asking for it.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Dang.....lol.....whats really on your mind?
2nd

HAHAHA! Just kidding. Smile....there is more to rant about than s&f and 2nd lines.

(((((HUGS))))) for you this morning (well....it is my time).

Have a good rest of the day and no worries over the small things in life.

Peace and love!!!!! xoxox

Jenn

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

AHHH RAGE!!!

(:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
good thread so S+F for you mate.

second line.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Meh pretty bored waiting for stuff at work, had to start up a conversation somewhere.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by doom27
I love most of ATS but there some things i hate. Two of which i must rant...

What the hell is up with "Second Line." I don't even know what that means. Is it the second line of what they quoted? Is it so they get two lines? I don't think i've ever posted a one liner post in ATS, i know its against the rules so do posts with 1 liners get deleted? Is the the point of the "Second Line?" If that's so then why the hell would you even post, obviously whatever you are saying has no contribution the the thread, unless i guess its an answer to a question someone asked.

I agree. I think it's dumb when people do that. If you don't have more to contribute than "derp." or something else irrelevant, don't post.

Also S+F! Whats up with that. Do people expect to get goodies by stating they Stared and Flagged something? Why do people need to state "Oh yeah i stared and Flagged you bro, give me a cookie.

Attention ATS Whores.

As for this one - I also sometimes say "S&F!" but it's to show that I agreed with their OP enough to voice my approval strongly. Flags get the thread attention, so by telling them, you're basically just saying, "Hey I really liked your thread!" I don't care so much about that one. I definitely don't announce it to gain myself any attention or approval from the OP. "S&F" is much easier to type than a long sentence...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
"second line"

This is often added in by members who are under the mistaken belief that the one-line or minimal post warning is based entirely on the line count. The way I see it this is just an admission of guilt by the member as in "Yeah, I know I made a crappy short post so....'second line'". The rule is to keep people from making replies like "S+F for you" or "
".

If your post is just one line but adds new information to the discussion, it's cool.

10th line

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Meh pretty bored waiting for stuff at work, had to start up a conversation somewhere.

I agree with your sentiments, but I would add a third.

I hate it when people are waiting for stuff to happen in work and come on to ATS to rant.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
IMO it's practical and possible to impart moderately complex questions/answers in one line.

2nd

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978

reply to post by MamaJ

I agree with your sentiments, but I would add a third.

I hate it when people are waiting for stuff to happen in work and come on to ATS to rant.

LOL S and F
2nd

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Mission Successful, this thread has given me many of lulz and the install i was waiting for is now completed!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

F then un-F. No star.

Second line.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

You're just being difficult.

2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th
11th
12th
13th
14th
15th
16th
17th
18th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th
25th
26th
27th
101st
102nd...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
Star and flag.

Second line.

Sorry mate, you were asking for it.

S&F for making me laugh

Second line just because I have never used that term lol

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

Thought you didn't DO one liners?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

"What the hell is up with "Second Line." "

Oh i feel ya buddy ... i wish we had the technology to be able to punch someone in the face from a laptop screen.... gets on my nerves also .

Sometimes i wish people who write second line secretly have there monitor blow up in there face... then we can go to hospital and visit them and say haha ... or would that be mean?

"S & F"

This is a kiss -- arse attempt from the members ... so if they ever make a thread the other person remembers adn stars theres

useless .. pointless ... kiss a s sing

some ATS Members are 99.9 percent douchebag pricks .....

but we have to share with the pesky flies

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
reply to post by niceguybob

You're just being difficult.

2nd
3rd
4th
5th
6th
7th
8th
9th
10th
11th
12th
13th
14th
15th
16th
17th
18th
19th
20th
21st
22nd
23rd
24th
25th
26th
27th
101st
102nd...

Perfect example of someone who needs to be punched in the face.....

but of course violence is not the answer but i can imagine can't i ?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Where do you fit in with this percentage?

2nd
3rd
4th
and....what is the thread about?
oh yeah...
5th
6th
7th

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Because some threads deserve stars and flags.....especially those that have done alot of homework.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join