It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does our Sun have rings similar to those of Saturn ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Rings of the Sun shown at the end of a BBC news video. At the end of the report they zoom in on the Sun and the rings are very clearly showing.

Before coming to any conclusions I advise you to please see the evidence in the BBC video above.

Recently a large comet fell into the Sun and that might have created the rings ? Another postulation is that the recently observed Black Explosion on the Sun could have thrown material enough into orbit around the Sun to form the rings ? Dark material with chunks the size of planets was recorded flying out from the Sun before collapsing back. Some of that material might have stayed in orbit ? Obviously there is the possibility that the images presented by the BBC are showing a technical fault similar to pixelization ? However the image looks authentic. The way that the rings are geometrically exactly what one would expect adds credance to the possibility that the rings actually exist. Interestingly the rings are not in the plane of the ecliptic. As you can see in the BBC video the rings are bright green. I suspect this is because they are composed of Oxygen ? Is this a cloud of Oxygen that has formed and which is now ejected to form the rings ? This could be a completely new phenomenon, or it could be an old phenomenon that we have only newly detected.

If anyone here at ATS is able to present further evidences to show that the Rings of the Sun exist then I look forward to examining those evidences. Since no one ever did tell me that the Sun has rings similar to the Rings of Saturn, therefore I am greatly surprised. However, it could be that my education is out of date ? Do you know any astronomers who have independently observed these rings ?

People do often present pictures of a "dog sun" which might be clouds of gas around the Sun. Looking very much like a binary star orbiting the Sun at close proximity. Such clouds might at times breakdown to form rings ? Traditionally a "dog sun" is passed off as being an illusion created by microscopic ice crystals in the Earths uppermost atmosphere. However true that might be, there is nevertheless the possibility that our Sun is far stranger than we all too often think it to be. Are these Rings of the Sun a permanent feature ? Or are they just something transient ?

Another possibility is that the 80,000 kms diameter rogue planet called ELENIN is causing these Rings of the Sun ? I here present a picture from the Hubble Space Telescope showing the effect that ELENIN had on the planet Saturn as it passed by Saturn in December 2010. As you can see ELENIN caused a massive volcanic eruption on Saturn which is continuing even still at the time of writing this article. If it is ELENIN that be the cause of these Rings of the Sun forming then I think that we have something to worry about when ELENIN will be passing by the Earth at a distance of 0.2 AU this 16 October 2011.

Originally the astronomers thought that ELENIN was merely a comet. Thus they thought that the 80,000 kms diameter was the coma of a comet. However, ELENIN has clearly failed to show a comets tail. We must conclude from this that actually ELENIN is a rogue planet of 80,000 kms diameter. A gigantic leviathon plunging in from interstellar space. NASA have stated that such rogue planets exist in vaste numbers between the stars. NASA have also calculated that ELENIN will be coming closer to the Earth than the original JPL calculation of 0.2 AU would indicate. This is not looking good for us. Those who think this is the "Nibiru" object are mistaken since ELENIN is white in colour and moving slowly as planets move and in the plane of the ecliptic. "Nibiru" is said to be red in colour and according to the ancient Sumarian astronomers would be moving in a retrogade orbit. So my opinion is that ELENIN is not "Nibiru". However, in its own unique manner nevertheless ELENIN is an object similar to "Nibiru". Especially since it will be coming very near to the Earth in 16 October 2011.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/04803b3cfe8b.jpg[/atsimg]

AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS
edit on 22/7/2011 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
That is just pixel overload or lensflare if you like.
There are no rings around the sun, nice effect though.
Also that is not a picture of comet Elenin, it is infact comet Wild. And it certainly is not from the hubble telescope. It was taken by Steve E. Farmer Jr of the Tzec Maun Observatory.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another possibility is that the 80,000 kms diameter rogue planet called ELENIN is causing these Rings of the Sun ? I here present a picture from the Hubble Space Telescope showing the effect that ELENIN had on the planet Saturn as it passed by Saturn in December 2010. As you can see ELENIN caused a massive volcanic eruption on Saturn which is continuing even still at the time of writing this article. If it is ELENIN that be the cause of these Rings of the Sun forming then I think that we have something to worry about when ELENIN will be passing by the Earth at a distance of 0.2 AU this 16 October 2011.

So basically that writes this paragraph off as complete nonsense.
edit on 22-7-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
LOL. Those "rings" at the end of that video are lens flares.

There would not be rings around a sun anyway because any debris that the rings would be made out of would burn up well before the creation of the ring. Our closest planet, Mercury, is a floating lava ball and that's further away from the sun than any rings would be.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

How can the sun have rings like Saturn, from what I know saturn rings are made of ice, they would melt near the sun.

edit on 22-7-2011 by pepsi78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
People do often present pictures of a "dog sun" which might be clouds of gas around the Sun. Looking very much like a binary star orbiting the Sun at close proximity. Such clouds might at times breakdown to form rings ? Traditionally a "dog sun" is passed off as being an illusion created by microscopic ice crystals in the Earths uppermost atmosphere. However true that might be, there is nevertheless the possibility that our Sun is far stranger than we all too often think it to be.
I'm sure we still have a lot to learn about the sun, no doubt about that.

But I don't get your point about "Traditionally a "dog sun" is passed off as being an illusion", why would you word it that way, saying "passed off"??? Are you skeptical of that explanation? A sun-dog is a well-understood optical phenomenon. So is a lens flare. You may not understand them, but you can Google them and read up on them until you do. As far as I know the sun doesn't have rings, and your link takes me to a story about a heat wave.

Interesting trivia: The rings of Saturn were first seen in 1610, when Galileo thought they looked like "handles". But the discovery of the rings of Uranus was much more recent, in 1977. Neptune's rings were discovered a few years later. We still don't fully understand the rings around the planets, like exactly what causes them, how long they last, etc.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Whats there to say apart from....

LENS FLARE.

Is this a real thread???

Did you make this video??

edit on 22-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
LENS FLARE.
I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cry when watching that video....actually I laughed - that was pretty funny...but it makes me sad to see someone saying "rainbows aren't natural, we didn't have them as much 20 years ago...etc." She would have seen the same thing 20 years ago, but it makes me wonder how she can get so disconnected from reality to think water spray looks any different today than it did 20 years ago, that's disturbing.

I also just watched the videos in the OP, I still didn't see any rings around the sun.

I do see the rainbow colored circle, but it's in front of the building, so it can't possibly be around the sun if it's in front of the building can it?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b7c793a5e23a.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 22-7-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
It looks like some kind of artefact to me, as has already been said a lens flare or pixel overload.

I find how the reporter called the heatwave "punishing" conditions interesting, it makes you wonder with the amount of beatings nature has given the US (along with the rest of the world) this year.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I felt the same way watching that.

The only thing I can figure is maybe she either didn't have sprinklers 20 years ago, or she had the kind that shot little jets instead of a spray so any light scattering effect wouldn't have been very noticeable. Combine that with just being brain-dead stupid, and there you go.

I would want to ask that woman what the heck she thinks causes rainbows in the sky or if she always thought it a huge coincidence that she would see them when the sun came out after it had been raining. OMG...it's the chemtrails /sarcasm...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I also just watched the videos in the OP, I still didn't see any rings around the sun. I do see the rainbow colored circle, but it's in front of the building, so it can't possibly be around the sun if it's in front of the building can it?

Yup....its because the camera is pointed at the sun lol

I was as amazed as you about the vid i posted.....its crazy to think these people are driving cars, owning guns, amongst other things lol

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Well, it's nice to see you have removed the offending picture after being called out on it. For those that want to see the original picture posted in the OP check the link in my first post.
But now that leaves you with the interesting conumdrum of that paragraph in which you tell everyone you are presenting a picture from hubble where you say....

As you can see ELENIN caused a massive volcanic eruption on Saturn which is continuing even still at the time of writing this article.

Seeing as you have left that bit in I assume you are either looking for another picture to replace it with or possibly even creating one because you would be hard pressed to find a photo that describes the impossible theory in your post.
You are aware that Saturn is a gas giant right?
It is made up of gas, there are no such things as volcanoes on Saturn and from that you can conclude there are no such things as volcanic eruptions on Saturn.

Originally the astronomers thought that ELENIN was merely a comet

They still do, the thinking on that has not changed seeing as astronomers are actually seeing this thing daily and saying "Wow, nice comet".
It's still just a comet.

Thus they thought that the 80,000 kms diameter was the coma of a comet. However, ELENIN has clearly failed to show a comets tail.

No it hasn't, infact it's quite the opposite. That is after all how they have been taking measurements of the coma.
You can clearly see the faint tail in the pictures, expect it to grow.
www.aerith.net...
It may not be spectacular but so be it, it's not a spectacular comet.

We must conclude from this that actually ELENIN is a rogue planet of 80,000 kms diameter. A gigantic leviathon plunging in from interstellar space.

Utterly laughable. Anyone who concludes that must be moon short of a planet.

NASA have stated that such rogue planets exist in vaste numbers between the stars.

Point being? Any planet in our neighbourhood would be easily visible to the naked eye at night if that's what your getting at.

NASA have also calculated that ELENIN will be coming closer to the Earth than the original JPL calculation of 0.2 AU would indicate.

No.
They have not.
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

This is not looking good for us.

I disagree.
It's wonderful news.

Those who think this is the "Nibiru" object are mistaken since ELENIN is white in colour and moving slowly as planets move and in the plane of the ecliptic. "Nibiru" is said to be red in colour and according to the ancient Sumarian astronomers would be moving in a retrogade orbit. So my opinion is that ELENIN is not "Nibiru". However, in its own unique manner nevertheless ELENIN is an object similar to "Nibiru". Especially since it will be coming very near to the Earth in 16 October 2011.

Indeed.
edit on 22-7-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yes it does.
We call it the asteroid belt.
And perhaps the Kuiper Belt counts as well?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The picture of Saturn is a picture of a storm not a volcano.
It was captured by cassini.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Well, this was obviously not the best forum to post this thread in, skunk works may have been more receptive...

I don't even have to say anything, all the work's been done.
edit on 22-7-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I scanned down the post.

I read,

rogue planet called ELENIN

I walked away. Good day.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hi!
What does this means?
"AVE RAEGINA CAELINA LA DEUS NOSTRA CAELI LA VERA DEUS"
I saw it at the end of your post and I don't understand if it has to do with the topic.
(well, in fact I kind of do, but I'm also kind of a douche
)

Drk

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I try and have an open mind about everything but sorry the evidence here isnt very strong at all and some even appear to be pretty simple things like lens flare etc.

Also why is it that anything to do with space thats a bit out of the ordinary has to be referenced as being because of Elenin? How would that make these rings!?!? It seems that people are kjust throwing it in there as a random guess like it can do anything to anything.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
They are called planets

:p

top topics

join