It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now open: The World of Warcraft/Starcraft Theme Park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Now open: The World of Warcraft/Starcraft Theme Park

blog.games.yahoo.com

Mickey Mouse may have several theme parks under his belt, but The Horde is getting ready to rush his castle.

What seemed like the stuff of a fanboy fantasy - a theme park dedicated to mega-hits World of Warcraft and Starcraft - has opened its gates in China. Dubbed "World Joyland," the park is located just north of Shanghai and brings new meaning to the term "E ticket."

Unfortunately, the park's not exactly authorized by Activision or Blizzard Entertainment, but if you don't read Chinese, you probably wouldn't realize that. Technically, the World of Warcraft section of the park i
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
It's amazing how little the Chinese give a crap about Copyright Infringement and theft of intellectual Property.

It seems that general maintanace of the place is not a very high priority either. "There are already very notable signs of decay, such as cracks in paint and rust on handrails."

Oh China, you so crazy!

blog.games.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-7-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The Vatican has been locked in a bitter struggle with Beijing over control of the church in China. It says recent ordinations by the state-run church were carried out without papal approval and are illegitimate.

yahoo news / 10 hours ago

Huh ... well I never ...

I never thought that Activision and the Vatican would have similar troubles with China.

?

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Did you not read about all the fake Apple stores appearing in china?? LOL, it did make me giggle lol.

They look exactly the same as a normal Apple store, the employees think they are employed by apple, they have the same uniform...everything. And the funniest thing is....they sell FAKE Apple products haha.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Finally a reason to go to China. If I had the money I'd be there tomorrow.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
So that's what all the gold sellers spent their money on.

May have to check it out.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Bumping this thread,
because no nut in Norway
has the right to derail it with his attacks.

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Wow, that place has much higher production values than I expected.

I'm surprised Blizzard hasn't tried to shut this one down yet for the blatant copyright violation. But then again, it is China...

top topics

join