It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible storm cloud over Montreal - 21-07-2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The Demon Storm

Well, I heard the storm last night, but didn't realize it was this incredible!! I live on the South Shore of Montreal, so I didn't get to see it, unfortunately. However, I believe I saw the same cloud when walking to the grocery store earlier on in the evening. It looked pretty similar to the one in the video and I saw a few flashes of lightning confined within the cloud, which was something I haven't seen very often. The cloud probably then made it's way over the island after that, and gave the show.

It must have been caused by the record breaking heat and humidity we had... man... was it ever disgusting!

Anyway, I thought the video looked pretty wicked and wanted to share it with you guys!

Enjoy!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
That's an awesome vid. Thanks for sharing. It almost looks cinematic/sci-fi

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Thats awsome! Looks like the kind of cloud that would produce a tornado though.

We had an uber epic thunderstorm here in Halifax last month, it was flashing ever 2 or 3 seconds. It was intense, wish i got some of it on video.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
That is a cool vid but I've seen crazier here in Florida.

I am not a fan of Florida as a whole but I LOVE the storms here esp lightning storms from the west. I have some video but you can't really see the colors since it was done from my phone. The lightning is pink and a purple blue color. One afternoon it got really nasty and windy fast. I love the afternoon storms here for that reason!

I would like to get a nice camera to film the lightning storms here and launches.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Oh I can only imagine, man! I've only been to Florida once, and although we got caught in a massive torrential rain on our way back (we drove there), I didn't get to see any crazy lightning storms.

This one just seemed out of place up here, though, in our northern climate.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

A nice video of a typical thunder storm, but hardly what could/should/would be classified as a
"Demon Storm"

edit on 22-7-2011 by acrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by acrux

lol! Well... you can take that up with the dude that posted it on Vimeo! =P

Like I said... pretty unusual in these parts. Probably a common occurrence for some, but for those of us who don't see this often in our own hometowns, it's pretty spectacular!
edit on 22-7-2011 by oaf21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

this storm crept down into vermont, just north of my town.
We did't get any rain, but there was an awesome lightning show, just like in the video!

top topics

join