It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway: Blast near prime minister's office in Oslo

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider

Originally posted by deltaboy
Could it be retaliation for the cartoon of Prophet Mohammed? They did want to punish Norway for that. Perhaps to teach others not to do the same thing as Norway so they set Norway as an example.

Wrong, they wanted to punish Denmark, not Norway.

www.brusselsjournal.com...

The left-wing government in Norway apologizes to Muslims worldwide for the publication of twelve Muhammad cartoons [see them here] in the Norwegian newspaper Magazinet. Oslo sent out instructions to all the Norwegian embassies on how to respond to queries about the cartoons. Unlike the Danish government, the Norwegian government is not concerned about safeguarding the right to freedom of expression. Foreign Minister, Jonas Gahr Støre, a leading member of Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg’s Workers’ Party, wrote the following e-mail to the Norwegian embassies:

I am sorry that the publication of a few cartoons in the Norwegian paper Magazinet has caused unrest among Muslims. I fully understand that these drawings are seen to give offence by Muslims worldwide. Islam is a spiritual reference point for a large part of the world. Your faith has the right to be respected by us.

The cartoons in the Christian paper Magazinet are not constructive in building the
bridges which are necessary between people with different religious and ethnic backgrounds. Instead they contribute to suspicion and unnecessary conflict.

Let it be clear that the Norwegian government condemns every expression or act which expresses contempt for people on the basis of their religion or ethnic origin. Norway has always supported the fight of the UN against religious intolerance and racism, and believes that this fight is important in order to avoid suspicion and conflict. Tolerance, mutual respect and dialogue are the basis values of Norwegian society and of our foreign policy.

Freedom of expression is one of the pillars of Norwegian society. This includes tolerance for opinions that not everyone shares. At the same time our laws and our international obligations enforce restrictions for incitement to hatred or hateful expressions.

Opposition politicians reacted to this message with indignation. Jon Lilletun, the spokesman on foreign policy for the Christian-democrat Kristelig Folkeparti, points out that it is not the ministry’s task to express an opinion on the content of the cartoons. Carl I. Hagen, the leader of the Progress Party, fears that freedom of expression is being swept under the carpet.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Jericho-X

tried to see it.
i think the link is fried. it wont load.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Recently, Janet Napolitano stated that the new brand of terrorists would be middle-aged white men.
So there might be suspects named Mitch, Larry, and Carl.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
BREAKING NEWS TICKER BBC NEWS 24 @ 17.08

OSLO POLICE URGING ALL PEOPLE TO LEAVE OSLO

just as on the tin, very scary

Kind regards

Elf

BREAKING NEWS TICKER BBC NEWS 24 @ 17.08

OSLO POLICE URGING ALL PEOPLE TO LEAVE OSLO

just as on the tin, very scary

Kind regards

Elf

edit at 17.11 assistant of police in Oslo live to BBC on phone saying just

"all to evacuate/leave CENTRAL Oslo"

"looking for more explosive devices"

"people not to travel to Oslo from outside"

"no idea or sure of it being a bomb but main possibility"

elf
edit on 22-7-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
My goodness it's madness over there.

Originally posted by Koyaanisqatsi
Just now! Reports are coming in from the Labour party's summer-camp for youths in the Oslo-fjord (Utøya) that a man dressed up as a LEO entered the camp and started shooting people.
www.nrk.no...

Youths are scrambling to get of the island. Many having started to swim away...

This two episodes are obviously related as the "policeman" entered the camp under the premises of interviewing people in connection with the attack in Oslo.

It now looks like it's the Labour-party that's being attacked.

The bill fits even more now...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Who in the world is behind this, and why? Children?!?!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I love how they keep saying the bomb was a car bomb, yet the only smoke and fire are coming from windows on an upper floor, stories higher than the street.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

Reports are saying there was a bomb at the top of one of the buildings, and bombs below. Sorry too much going for me to source it at the moment. I may try to swing around and find it again later.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent

Just now! Reports are coming in from the Labour party's summer-camp for youths in the Oslo-fjord (Utøya) that a man dressed up as a LEO entered the camp and started shooting people.
www.nrk.no...

This two episodes are obviously related as the "policeman" entered the camp under the premises of interviewing people in connection with the attack in Oslo.

I just heard that. Insane. Man in police uniform shooting kids. One of the political parties have a summercamp at that island, must be related!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Listening to this now on Sky news. This if true, is becoming a co - ordinated attack. This is getting worse by the minute. Domestic Terrorism maybe inspired by Al-Qaeda?

I hope no kids have been killed.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

To my pov, I think the MAhdi fundamentals is behind this attack. "Create Chaos, for MAhdi to come?".

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

Listening to this now on Sky news. This if true, is becoming a co - ordinated attack. This is getting worse by the minute. Domestic Terrorism maybe inspired by Al-Qaeda?

I hope no kids have been killed.

Unconfirmed, but one girl has been shot in the arm! Teens trying to swim away from the island.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Confirmed

Not the full article but now other outlets are verifying.

17.19 Police in Norway are also now dealing with a gunman shooting at people in a political youth camp on Utoya Island. Utoya Island is roughly 20 miles north-west of Oslo.

Police reports suggest that a man disguised as a police officer began opening fire. Jens Stoltenberg, the prime minister, was apaprently attending a Labour party conference at Utoya

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Anyone know why they would target children there? Is this a coup?
edit on 22-7-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well the UK media seems to be almost certain that it's Al-Qaeda, even though nothing has been found/proved or whatever.

What's all this talk of a youth camp?

A guy dressed like a policeman shooting a hand gun?

Odd goings on in Norway.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Jericho-X

Is the gunman/gunmen still on the loose?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

I'm glad you were able to solve this bombing without doing any investigation.

You're quick to blame the US, I wonder why?

At least let the dust settle and people be rescued before you blame the US for this atrocity.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

uk.yahoo.com...=AmPCQjQEfUxJjR0qfUpeE7c4hJp4;_ylu=X3o'___'Q5MnZjMjU4BGEDMjIwNzExX05ld3NfRXhwbG9zaW9uX2luX05vcndheQRjcG9zAzEEZwNpZC00NjA3NQRpb nRsA3VrBGl0YwMwBG1wb3MDMQRwa2d0AzEEcGtndgMyNgRwb3MDMgRzZWMDdGQtZmVhdARzbGsDdGl0bGUEdGVzdAM3MDIEd29lAzI2Nzg4ODEw/SIG=12ullt0k3/EXP=1311438248/**http%3A //uk.news.yahoo.com/explosion-oslo-government-building-135437760.html

You beat me to it... looks like a big one went off... what did i say in the 'scandal on phone hacking thread? That a bomb will be going off in next few days....

You heard it here first folks!!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
There's so much happening right now, and it's impossible to get a grips on what is really going on. This is getting more surreal than I first imagined.

link   

Don't know. still reports of gunfire coming in!

link   

Originally posted by Jericho-X

Originally posted by majesticgent

www.nrk.no...

I just heard that. Insane. Man in police uniform shooting kids. One of the political parties have a summercamp at that island, must be related!!!

This is just getting weird.. Must be something in the air that makes people crazy. :O

link   
Here's a link to watch CNN International LIVE. You can also click on the icons at the top to watch Sky News, Al Jazeera English, RT, CNN, etc:

www.radiomando.com...

You shouldn't have to click on anything else when you click on a channel. Give it a couple minutes and the video usually automatically starts playing.

edit on 22-7-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join