It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway: Blast near prime minister's office in Oslo

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+22 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Norway: Blast near prime minister

www.bbc.co.uk

A large explosion has hit near government headquarters in the Norwegian capital Oslo.

The blast is thought to have caused damage to the offices of Norwegian Prime Minister Jens Stoltenberg and a number of other official buildings.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.dagbladet.no
edit on 22/7/11 by Droogie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
The prime minister is said to be secure, but there is generally very little that is known as of yet. The explosions were said to be the result of a series of car bombs outside the government headquarters.

Personally, I can only speculate as to who might be behind it. But it is possible that Mullah Krekar, who had previously threatened with terrorist acts due to the norwegian government prosecuting him and trying to having him expelled from the country.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I just read about it. I live in Sweden and I have not heard alot about any kind of terror threat against the Norwegian people. If anyone has any more information please post and explain the situation further.

It is worrying to say the least but I hope it is an isolated incident. But then again Norway is a founding member of NATO. Maybe there might be a more international connection. I guess we will have to wait and se how this is spun.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

Can you share your source regarding the possibility of car bombing? I have just been watching the news, and they said like a moment ago that they have no data on what exactly caused the explosion at this time.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
The damages looks to be very serious.

A video of the damages can be seen in this link:

Aftenposten - Norwegian news paper

+31 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bastupungen

norway is pulling out from the nato mission in libya in a week. apparently some people in cia/mi6/mossad are pissed and trying to send a message.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by Droogie

Can you share your source regarding the possibility of car bombing? I have just been watching the news, and they said like a moment ago that they have no data on what exactly caused the explosion at this time.

According to witnesses talking with the newspaper linked below, the bombing started with a car.

www.aftenposten.no...

The source below also reports it was a series of car bombs:

- Flere bomber Det meldes at flere bilbomber skal ha gått av samtidig. Eksplosjonene kunne merkes på Holmlia, som ligger helt i Oslos sørlige ytterkant, og på Nesodden i Akershus.

Translation, courtesy of google translate:

It is reported that several car bombs should have gone off at once. The explosions could be felt in Holmlia, which is situated in Oslo's southern edge, and the Nesodden in Akershus.

www.dagbladet.no...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

edit on 22-7-2011 by bastupungen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Good info in this thread. Any additional info that you find could you please post it in this thread as well. I am looking for more info too but there are a bunch of threads about this don't want to miss anything.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-7-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I call NATO false-flag.

Possibly going to be blamed on Gaddaffi?
In all seriousness, NATO have to do 'something' if they want him out.

That 'something' will not go unscrutinized.

Karma sucks

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zabadeano

the fact that this happens to norway is so obvious being they are pulling out. if it is indeed a false flag it is one of the lamest attempts ive seen yet. ghaddafi would have no reason to attack a country who is giving up on bombing him.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
Good info in this thread. Any additional info that you find could you please post it in this thread as well. I am looking for more info too but there are a bunch of threads about this don't want to miss anything.

I will try to give some input in your thread as well. But I can't seem to open your thread at the moment

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thread already here under yours in same forum:

edit on 22-7-2011 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
and so it begins...

NATO member Norway has sometimes in the past been threatened by leaders of al Qaeda for its involvement in Afghanistan. It has also taken part the NATO bombing of Libya, where Muammar Gaddafi has threatened to strike back in Europe.

www.wgnradio.com...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Perhaps to make it look like Norway was pulling out because of the bombing. If you think about it is Norway going to retaliate or keep pulling out?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

I fixed the LINK. Oh yeah it's not my thread it's just the first one I saw about the topic.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by TheRepublic

Perhaps to make it look like Norway was pulling out because of the bombing. If you think about it is Norway going to retaliate or keep pulling out?

well it is already known they would be withdrawing before the bombing.

The NATO secretary-general said the alliance would prolong its campaign for as long as necessary, and disagreed with suggestions that Col. Gadhafi would be heartened by the withdrawal from operations of some NATO allies. Norway is withdrawing its aircraft from strike operations at the end of this month and Italy has decided to withdraw an aircraft carrier from operations.

link

i guess it could go either way depending on how the government spins it. but i think most norwegians would want to continue the withdrawal. the only possible people to benifit from this attack would be people who want to continue the nato actions in afghanistan and libya. but we will see how this is spun now.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Here's a short youtube video showing parts of the damages, it's the same as posted above, but now I can embed it.

There's alot of information to sift through, but nothing substantial as of yet, except that there's a lot of people hurt and some killed at this time. I will try to keep the information updated when there's something new to report.

By the way, here's some background information regarding Mullah Krekar for the ones that are interested. I suspect that he might have something to do with it because of his background.

Background info: Mullah Krekar

Mullah Krekar: Wikipedia

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Just seen this on the news,not much coming out yet & i haven't heard of any deaths.i came straight here,always get upto date news from ATS.
Norway of all places thought,is it for pulling of libia ?? who knows but it doesn't look good.

EDIT:just heard threre's deaths & injured..this world is a horrible place

edit on 22-7-2011 by rhynouk because: adding things

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Its a distraction from the phone hacking scandle....that what it is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join