It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake Apple Store even fools staff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Fake Apple Store Even Fools Staff

news.yahoo.com

SHANGHAI (Reuters) - Chinese counterfeiters have had a field-day pumping out knockoffs of Apple Inc's best-selling iPhones and iPads but one appears to have gone a step further -- a near flawless fake Apple Store that even employees believe is the real deal.

The store in Kunming was stumbled upon by a 27-year-old American blogger living in the city, the capital of China's mountainous southwestern Yunnan province.

Complete with the white Apple logo, wooden tables and cheery staff claiming they work for the iPhone maker, the store looks every bit like Apple Stores found all over the worl
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-7-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Does this surprise anybody? China and its boom are basically a mirage to begin with. Apple has only themselves to blame for this and it is gonna get worse. China apparently makes most of the Apple products, so they have all the plans. They can make as many of the products and sneak them out the back door or simply make them in another factory just like the other product copies we see all the time in places like Harbor Freight. i suppose the Chinese see the HUGE profits that Apple is making from the products produced in China and wants to get in on the action.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-7-2011 by joyride0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
it is a karmic response to outsourcing jobs and manufacturing to china, apple is getting exactly what they deserve.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

My thoughts exactly. I could not have said it better myself.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I must say, this made me lulz a little bit at work.

I hate apple, i'm glad someone else profited from them, that's about i can say about this one.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I whole heartedly agree with you about this being Apple's fault. They know the history China has for stealing and counterfeiting products, yet they continue to contract with them for product production. No surprise here, China's prosperity is built on the backs of others ingenuity and creativity, and on the rubble of other country's failing economies. But this kind of thing won't end until we stop buying items produced in China, I know we can't control everything we buy, but there are key big ticket items that we consumers can keep from purchasing that are manufactured in China. I whole heartedly agree with you about this being Apple's fault. They know the history China has for stealing and counterfeiting products, yet they continue to contract with them for product production. No surprise here, China's prosperity is built on the backs of others ingenuity and creativity, and on the rubble of other country's failing economies. But this kind of thing won't end until we stop buying items produced in China, I know we can't control everything we buy, but there are key big ticket items that we consumers can keep from purchasing that are manufactured in China.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

That is superb work !! While I cannot say that I support criminal enterprise one iota, it is good to see someone taking Apples blood money out of thier hands. Intel and Apple only stopped using whats called "conflict minerals" in thier products four months ago in April. Before that point, money they paid to parties in central africa for minerals for making thier products, used to fund the fighting in the Congo between random groups of violent sociopathic rebels. Children were forced into labour there , in the risky and health hazardous process of readying such minerals as were required, for export and use by Apple in products like the iPhone, iPad and so on.

The fact is that before they stopped using these resources, Apple were handing over $180 million , pretty much directly to militias and rebel groups, who used the money to fund private murder sprees that spanned a whole nation, involved the rape and devestation of entire ethnic groups within the Congo, and generaly have allowed , before April, the scope and violence of the factions in the Congo involved with the company to increase dramaticaly .

They may have stopped now, but I think its a disgrace that Apple have never been prosecuted by the UN, or in some way dealt with by the international community over this issue. I hope these fraudsters that are currently dipping thier fingers in the Apple pie, get good and sticky , and make a dent someday in the success of that business. Buggers deserve every bad bit of luck that comes to them.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

The Vatican has been locked in a bitter struggle with Beijing over control of the church in China. It says recent ordinations by the state-run church were carried out without papal approval and are illegitimate.

news.yahoo.com...

Huh, well ... I never ...

I never thought Apple and the Vatican would have the same trouble in China.

?

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I doubt they'd have to source products from overseas to 'avoid tax'. Sounds like spin on the article. Surely it'd be so much easier to get them from chinese factories? They leaked the white iphone parts out of those factories recently, thats just the tip of the iceberg I'd say.

I'm suprised apple hasn't pulled a microsoft on them for this yet... however they do deserve it for their pricey, faddish, short lifespan designs for most mass market products.

reply to post by TrueBrit

Ahh the great tantalum capacitor scandal! Likely most of us are guilty of using these partiular materials. Cellphones to computers have them..
edit on 22/7/11 by GhostR1der because: edit added response

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by GhostR1der

Most of us have used minerals of that type, and alot of us are using such components right now. However, if at any point a warning was given on the packaging that as a result of Apples input, or Intels buying power, millions of people have lost thier lives over the years who might otherwise have survived, then quite rightly , no one would buy thier merchandise. I think thats the problem I have with it. Not only to they have blood on thier hands, but they have happily slapped a few pints onto the hands of thier customers , without anyone being aware of it until it was too late. I know pacifists and humanitarians who think that Apple is such a friendly huggy company... One time I had a guy throw up after hearing what the money that Apple payed to Congolese militia and rebels, did to the locals around the mine that was digging out and processing all that ore, and what the rebels did with the money.

Fact is , warnings should be placed on all the machinery and equipment that contains minerals sourced from conflict areas , which have payed for blood shed. That way , everyone can have an informed choice about what companies they buy from. Eventually this will force those companies who are heavy into this game, to back the hell out , and cease trading with violent dangerous criminal organisations.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'd rather have a fake ipad than a POS that runs windows!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Bumping this thread,
because no nut in Norway
has the right to derail it with his attack.

David Grouchy

top topics

join