It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Blast in Oslo hits offices, government buildings

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by majesticgent
And we have a the Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami (Helpers of Global Jihad) taking responsibility... Supposedly...

8.03 Will McCants now says that Ansar al-Jihad al-Alami (Helpers of Global Jihad) seem to make a claim of responsibility. They claim it is in response to the occupation of Afghanistan and insults to the Prophet Mohammed. It has come via Shmukh, an elite jihadi forum

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Is that what sky news was talking about when they said"2explosions in Oslo"?
It must have been.

BBC still saying 1 arrested at youth camp.

Was this whole thing done by one man?
I doubt it.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
reply to post by majesticgent

Is that what sky news was talking about when they said"2explosions in Oslo"?
It must have been.

If you are talking about the video of that explosion it was a fake, so I cannot verify any conclusive evidence or reports of a 2nd explosion.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Coordinated teams.

The bombs alone required multiple people to put together if only for the sheer weight of explosives involved and the labor in mixing the stuff.

Bombers possibly detained @ airport as this psycho started shooting up the camp.

When jihadis go big they are fans of multiple simultaneous attacks.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

On another thread they said the terrorist they captured on the island was tall, blonde and blue eyed. A convert to Islam perhaps?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Ansar al Jihad is a small Sunni group- AQ wannabes.

Wonder WTF they are thinking and what brought this on? No motives listed on any of the jihadi sites- just celebration and promises of more to come.
edit on 22-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Well, it's sounding more and more like this was homegrown!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

So somehow you know this was Jihadis? Reports I have heard is that the gunman was a white male. White Muslim terrorists?

Your bigotry angers me.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Truth4Thought because: I meant bigotry not racism

link   
reply to post by SFA437

Sounds plausible-reminds me of the tactics of the Mumbai attack on the hotel and train station.
I was just hoping the island situ didn't turn into something like what happened in the Beslan school massacre.

Horrible cowards the lot of them.

edit:just read they say its a white guy-who cares I hope he gets the beating of his life.
Who was he working for-or was he a lone nut?
I doubt he was on his own.
edit on 22/7/2011 by Silcone Synapse because: words

link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

What in the world has Israel got to gain from a terrorist attack in lil ol Norway?

Everything
(Middle-East) Domination By Proxy Wars Through Puppet States fighting for Israel.

edit on 22-7-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4Thought
reply to post by SFA437

So somehow you know this was Jihadis? Reports I have heard is that the gunman was a white male. White Muslim terrorists?

Your bigotry angers me.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Truth4Thought because: I meant bigotry not racism

I am simply stating that Ansar alJihad has taken responsibility and that various jihadi and muj websites are seconding the opinion.

Given the style of attack, the groups own statements and supporting statements from other lossely aligned groups I'd say yes the preponderance of evidence is jihadis.

Also it angers me that you think all Muslims must be dark skinned. THAT is racist and bigoted by the way.

I'd also add that not all Muslims are jihadists or mujahadeen- so remove your head from your 4th point of contact and take a look in the mirror if you want to see a racist and a bigot. There's some truth for thought

edit on 22-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheUniverse

What a load of utter rubbish and I find your comment even mentioning Israel can gain from this at this point in time really offensive!!!!!
edit on 22-7-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Chechens have light skin, light hair and light eyes. It's also fairly common in areas of the Arab world where there has been heavy French and German presence in the past.

Fair skinned blondes and redheads are quite common in Iraq and Jordan.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Helpers of the Global Jihad are taking credit for this atrocity.

From the article "NRK is reporting that an unknown group called "Helpers of the Global Jihad" have posted a message that this is only the beginning of the reaction to Norwegian periodicals publishing the Muhammed cartoons, according to Andrew Boyle, a journalist in Norway."

Of course this could just be some idiot has posted this.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

So is blaming Muslims.

So hold your tongue, don't think readers have not spotted the usual club posting a single opinion again, in all topics concerning this explosion. Do you want us to believe something?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

Yeah but they are not exactly tall like the Norwegians and so few of them are blue eyed

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SFA437

There was also recently a case where white Germans were fighting with the Taliban I think-there was a photo of them in the article I seem to remember.
I found the link:

Investigators have discovered a "Jihadi village" of white German al-Qaeda insurgents, including Muslim converts, in Pakistan's tribal areas close to the Afghan border.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Zamini

What are you muttering on about now?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Here in Australia we also have our caucasian Muslim converts.....David Hicks was our well known infamous one found hiding in a cave in Afghanistan.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I do not find it so hard to believe. He was dressed like a policeman and didn't raise any suspicion whatsoever, so it is safe to assume that he blended in well into his surroundings.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join