It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Blast in Oslo hits offices, government buildings

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
And the plot thickens. Man they move fast!

16.32 Mike Emery, a British expat living in Norway who is director of an international NGO, has Tweeted that NRK is report a car has been surrounded at the airport.

He has also Tweeted unconfirmed reports that a black mercedes was seen leaving prior to the explosion.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Do they have a suspect already?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
False flag?

I and many others posted in an ATS thread on 19/07/11 saying something BIG will happenn this week to take over the news. They really are sooooo predictable !!

ATS link

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SFA437
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Actually there is very little damage.

Thats very subjective looks bad to me on live feeds and news

Windows break easily when subjected to a pressure wave.

So do peoples lungs, tissues especially when the wave has thousands of bits of glass are flying at hundreds of miles an hour.

Key things to look for are shearing of metal and overstressed concrete- none of which are visible in any of the photos out there.

Is some in the videos on sky and BBC now not huge amounts though.

Bomb was similar to the one that took apart the Murrah building however this one was most likely just parked out in the street vice being snugged up against the building under a carport with panoramic entrance doors nearby.

This is a low order explosive device parked in the open that generated a free form hemispherical blast pattern.

May be but semantics on technicalities of it imho, a bomb has gone of lots of damage in capital city, people still trapped early days of reliable info from scene, we will see how it plays out.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jericho-X
I'm watching TV2 Nyhetskanalen right now. As far as I heard, the police surrounded a car at the airport and have arrested 3 people. Nothing confirmed yet.

Unreal. The police are telling people to get the hell out of downtown and limit their cellphone use!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Either this is the best detective work of all times, or the false flag talk has some merit!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jericho-X
Just in now; The tv station TV2 is being evacuated right now.

No more information on that yet. I'm guessing a threat has been made there!
edit on 22/7/11 by Jericho-X because: (no reason given)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The situation is deteriorating rapidly. The police are trying to rescue the people stranded in the buildings, and are under the fear there are two more bombs that have yet to explode. My heart goes out to the Norwegian people and those of Oslo.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Was there actually a second blast or was this another screw up by the media where they prematurely announce an event... Just like WTC 7? Sorry I am on my mobile and cannot confirm the reports.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Yes, I am.
I am gonna follow the police press-conference. I'll post an update if there's something interesting being said.

I don't know for a fact that Israel did this. It's just a hunch. I do know that Israel has been p***ed of by the Norwegians for a long time. Last week there was several MSM articles of Norway being ready to approve a Palestinian state. Also there is a strong public support for the Palestinian cause and great scepticism towards Israel's actions in the ME.

This is exactly what the Israelis will benefit from in Norway. Especially if they manage to "turn the tides" against the Muslims.

I can easily see which political parties that will beat this horse long after it is dead...oh, as a sidenote: there is an election year in Norway this year....

If Israel did this, we will never know. It's enough that the higher echelons of Norwegian elites know and they probably already do.

Why I think the way I do? Qui Bono? Who's modus operandi fits the bill of a despicable act like this?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MischeviousElf
Thats very subjective looks bad to me on live feeds and news

Not subjective at all- it is factual. Blown out windows and facade, no significant structural damage... if the bombers were intending to do significant damage they failed miserably.

So do peoples lungs, tissues especially when the wave has thousands of bits of glass are flying at hundreds of miles an hour.

Point being?

Is some in the videos on sky and BBC now not huge amounts though.

Which points to an amateurish attempt by people who do not have access to RDX, Semtex, Comp B etc. or or chose not to use commercial/military grade explosives to make it look amateurish.

May be but semantics on technicalities of it imho, a bomb has gone of lots of damage in capital city, people still trapped early days of reliable info from scene, we will see how it plays out.

Kind Regards,

Elf

Very little damage actually. My kid could have cooked up a more effective blast in the garage.

I'm thinking one of two possibilities- either a false flag designed to kill as few as possible (break out tinfoil hat.... I know) or left wing moonbats as energy and oil ministries were targeted.
edit on 22-7-2011 by SFA437 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
They were hit because of their warmonger ways.

Norway a warmonger???? I must have been dozing while they were taking over the world. They are pretty good international citizens as far as countries are concerned.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I am absolutely sure these explosions are no terrorist acts. I am ninety percent convinced it was the United States of America hitting back towards Norway for pulling out from the Lybian conflict. Damn them, I have friends in Oslo I can't reach by phone now, says the line is busy. ((But I bet it will be dumped on chechen 'terrorists' to sharpen Norway's relationship with Russia... There goes my future viza))

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Murmurings of responsibility are coming out now. Not sure how valid they are.

Will McCants, who writes for Jihadica, a website that claims it is "documenting the Global Jihad", has claimed an "Amir Ghruzni" on a radical forum says the Oslo blast was a warning to the prime minister of Norway to withdraw troops from Khorasan. Khorasan is an historic region covering parts of Afghanistan among other countries.

17.01 More from Will McCants. He is now saying forum members are discussing the arrest of three suspects following a car chase.

Confirmed: Another bomb suspected near the TV2 channel in Oslo.

NRK is now reporting that police are searching for a bomb outside TV2 offices in Oslo. There are also reports that Norwegian TV2 offices in Oslo have been ordered to evacuated.

The reason is so far unknown but the location is away from the bomb site.

More on the TV2 offices being evacuated - because a suspicious bag was found.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

edit on 22-7-2011 by majesticgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Very little damage actually.

Actually massive damage. Many dead.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RumET

I don't think so...Norway is in it to the hilt in Libya.
USA has nothing to gain from this...but Israel has.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ivar_Karlsen

Reply based on emotion if you wish- it does not change fact.

Little structural damage seen on all photos so far = poorly constructed low yield/low order device.

Broken glass, while potentially lethal in a pressure wave, is not "massive damage". You are basing your conclusion on emotion versus physics and analysis of blast patterns and structural damage so no real need for you to reply- you wouldn't listen to fact in any case.

What is going to be funny is watching you collect a buttload of stars for a post based not on knowledge and reason but hysterics and emotion.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ivar_Karlsen

Yeah it didn't seem like a trivial bomb at all.

The Daily Telegraph's Andrew Hough has been speaking Oddbjorn By, a local, who says people suspect al-Qaeda are behind the attacks. The author said he had worked from home in a sheer stroke of good fortune, because of the bad weather.

He described how he felt the massive blast just a few miles away, which caused his house to violently shake.

Quote I felt this giant explosion and the house started to shake really badly.

I was about five km away and it was very powerful.

There is chaos now as all the roads into the city centre have been closed by police.

People are really frightened.”

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Koyaanisqatsi

What in the world has Israel got to gain from a terrorist attack in lil ol Norway?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by majesticgent

Three words...

Low. Order. Explosion.

End of story in regards to the device. This is fact whether or not you wish to accept it.

FFS I can hear and feel FIREWORKS DISPLAYS from a mile away.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
More "peace" from the "Religion of Peace".

Every day, I see more and more evidence that Islam is nothing more than a death cult.

link   
Police are urging people to leave central Oslo..

2nd

link   
BREAKING NEWS TICKER BBC NEWS 24 @ 17.08

OSLO POLICE URGING ALL PEOPLE TO LEAVE OSLO

just as on the tin, very scary

Kind regards

Elf

edit at 17.11 assistant of police in Oslo live to BBC on phone saying just

"all to evacuate/leave CENTRAL Oslo"

"looking for more explosive devices"

"people not to travel to Oslo from outside"

"no idea or sure of it being a bomb but main possibility"

eld
edit on 22-7-2011 by MischeviousElf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join